• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell is a greedy, stupid idiot....

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I will say this again.

**** Bell. Run the **** out of him and let him go. He is a mercenary anyway so use him up and let him be a high salary has been on a second tier team.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bell rapped before he wanted $15 million and now he's rapping he wants $17 million. Ain't no way he is worth over $10 million more than the 2nd and 3rd highest paid RB's. He can try to get it and someone like Cleveland may pay him but he will not win another SB. If he did go to someone like Cleveland, I seriously doubt he makes it through whatever contract they offer him. 2 years and he'll probably be done.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Bell rapped before he wanted $15 million and now he's rapping he wants $17 million. Ain't no way he is worth over $10 million more than the 2nd and 3rd highest paid RB's. He can try to get it and someone like Cleveland may pay him but he will not win another SB. If he did go to someone like Cleveland, I seriously doubt he makes it through whatever contract they offer him. 2 years and he'll probably be done.

His ego has clouded his brain. Was he some two time super bowl mvp and I missed it somehow?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Oh, so, his running style/pattern has attained him success for the first 3-4 seasons of his career but NOW other teams will "figure it out"?

Just shut the **** up, moron

Lol at figured out. Smh. He only does that if there is no hole to hit. HE hesitates til a defensive player leaves his gap. If there is a hole right away he hits it. So if he is consistently doing this in a game guess who fault its is. THE OLINE cause they arent winning the line of scrimmage..

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Again I will say this, I think you have an impressionable young man who spouted off at the beginning then had to keep the persona up to make himself "smart" in his eyes. He has to much pride to see he has made a mistake and thus won't show it as a sign of weakness. Add in his "handlers" telling him how right, how good, how everything he is and Bell has begun to actually believe himself in this sense. Some say that he will be motivated more now with the events that have transpired, I believe some to be true but some will be an overwhelming pressure to produce which can result in lessened performance. LeVeon Bell has made the decisions to put things where they are now but will have to continuously perform to keep from sinking and the more he wiggles the deeper he may go, QUICKSAND.

Let it be known though that I totally want a GREAT performance for the entire season and prove all US critics wrong.

Salute the nation

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Again I will say this, I think you have an impressionable young man who spouted off at the beginning then had to keep the persona up to make himself "smart" in his eyes. He has to much pride to see he has made a mistake and thus won't show it as a sign of weakness. Add in his "handlers" telling him how right, how good, how everything he is and Bell has begun to actually believe himself in this sense. Some say that he will be motivated more now with the events that have transpired, I believe some to be true but some will be an overwhelming pressure to produce which can result in lessened performance. LeVeon Bell has made the decisions to put things where they are now but will have to continuously perform to keep from sinking and the more he wiggles the deeper he may go, QUICKSAND.

Let it be known though that I totally want a GREAT performance for the entire season and prove all US critics wrong.

Salute the nation

Yep, he has set it up to where if he has anything less than 2 fantastic seasons with no major injury is he only way he can win the battle. Anything less and he loses money. That's one hell of a corner to paint yourself in. I agree with you, he's listening to the wrong people. And if it's all him, he needs to grow up.

If I'm the Steelers and I can franchise him next year, no way in hell do I consider offering another contract at the end of this year because he'll most likely still want to play games. I'd tell him, we'll talk after this season. If he hasn't changed his tune any at that point, I franchise him and let him walk after the next season.

Last edited:

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
He's an incredibly talented running back we all know that and I think the Steelers offered him a well earned contact offer. He turned it down and will likely go on to sign elsewhere and for big bucks. He'll also likely get caught with weed in his system and have a season long suspension. I'm glad the Steelers didn't mortgage their future on him. We complain at times about personnel moves but overall their front office moves result in a very competitive team year in and year out

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The true problem here is the F-A-C-T that LeVeon is just to tall. He will NEVER reach the thread page count of our once shorter version of a running back.

Pack it up, the FAT lady is tuning to sing.

Salute the nation

skyhigh44

Reaction score

Has to win a first super bowl before he's eligible to win another.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Omar a little rough, but he is spot on. Bell is the overall best at what he does. Bell being a tool doesn't lessen that fact.

But being how money is 99% what he wants to talk about, I suspect he will be focused on his production for the upcoming season. Good from that standpoint. The rest hopefully will work itself out one way or another.

Possibly this year. When he gets tagged again next year I can see him going all Mike Wallace on us and playing not to get hurt in order to land that big FA deal.
I think he's taking an awful big risk given his injury history.

The STEELERS will remain competitive for years to come by NOT overpaying drastically for one position that thinks he needs two position money.

How did overpaying The Elite Joe Flacco work out for the Ratbirds?

Last edited:

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Possibly this year. When he gets tagged again next year I can see him going all Mike Wallace on us and playing not to get hurt in order to land that big FA deal.
I think he's taking an awful big risk given his injury history.

And his liking of the wacky weed but I'd guess there would be something in the contract with a drug clause that would protect the team from a financial hit but who knows.

That was the great thing about The Bus, and Franco, you really didn't have to worry about that. They came to work and did their job.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If he gets his normal 50-60 plays in this game, I hate to say but I think he ends up injured. He will have had no contact going into the game and will not be in any kind of football shape. Hope they use him wisely in the first 2 or 3 games.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Loved the guy till he has started all the BS tweets in Miami . When he decided to playe the shove it up your back side fans, showing him filling out an application at Dairy Queen was enough. I know it all fun in la la land, but he turned down a big time contract and Held the Steelers at bay by not showing up for camp. Most fans will never see the money he turned down in there life time and for many a job at Dairy Queen is what they live on. You are now showing no respect for the guy making a living getting by in this life. You now have proved you are one on the many self entitled players in the NFL that feel what they do is important as well as themselves. They could send him packing today and I would care less.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Le’Veon Bell: ‘No Need To Go Easy’ On Workload Sunday In Cleveland

BY MATTHEW MARCZI SEPTEMBER 7, 2017 AT 07:30 AM

The Pittsburgh Steelers have been back at practice for a couple of days now following the conclusion of the preseason, which means that running back Le’Veon Bell has been back at practice for a couple of days after sitting out the entire preseason and officially signing his franchise tender on Monday.

The All-Pro told reporters on Monday following his first practice back since prior to the AFC Championship game last season that he was a bit winded, or something to that effect, but he told Aditi Kinkhabwala following his first padded practice yesterday that things went much better this time around.

The NFL Network reporter Tweeted yesterday that “Bell said today felt better than Monday, that he was more accustomed to [the] pace” of practice. She went on to write that the running back “reiterated” there would be “no need to go easy” on him regarding the number of times that he sees the ball on Sunday.

When it comes to talking about Bell and playing time, however, it does bear keeping in mind that we are not discussing the average running back, because the simple reality is that nobody spends more time on the field when healthy than he does, and it’s really not even close.

As made abundantly clear by an illustrative graphic Tweeted by Pro Football Focus, Bell easily outpaces everybody else in terms of percentage of snaps played when dressed. He played 90.4 percent of the snaps in the games for which he dressed last season.

The next-closest was Cardinals running back David Johnson, who is now currently the only employed NFL player with that name, who was on the field for 83.7 percent of his team’s offensive snaps in the games that he played, nearly a seven-percent difference from Bell. Demarco Murray of the Titans was third with 80.7 percent of snaps played.

When we are talking about Bell, additionally, we are talking about a player who does virtually everything on the field that a running back could possibly do under normal circumstances. On passing snaps, for example, while he lined up in the backfield 424 times, he also lined up along the line of scrimmage 123 times, nearly divided evenly between in the slot and on the outside.

The fifth-year running back is truly a workhorse like none other—and wants to be paid like it—when he is on the field, so it would not be far-fetched to imagine that he might need to ease his way up to playing 90 percent of the snaps per game, but we will see how things surface on Sunday. It won’t be long now before we see Bell back on the field for the Steelers.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...ll-no-need-go-easy-workload-sunday-cleveland/

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Just for ***** and giggles Freeman who just signed his big deal. Freeman only played just over 58% of the offensive snaps. Bell also wins the per game production stat by 61 yards a game (157 versus 96).

Where Bell loses is availability. Freeman has played 98% of his regular season games in his three years. Bell has played in 73.4% of his possible regular season games.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I can see where Bell thinks he is worth double Freeman now.

Acereros

Reaction score
Has to win a first lwoB repuS before he's eligible to win another.

Unfortunately there is little chance that Bell wins a SB under the current Head Coach. Wish I were wrong......

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Omar a little rough, but he is spot on. Bell is the overall best at what he does. Bell being a tool doesn't lessen that fact.

But being how money is 99% what he wants to talk about, I suspect he will be focused on his production for the upcoming season. Good from that standpoint. The rest hopefully will work itself out one way or another.

Lol sorry, i was a lil fired up that day

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Hall of Fame LB Ham raves about Bell, says Elliott 'can't hold his jock'
Arun Srinivasan Sep 8, 2017 10:32 PM
Count Hall of Fame outside linebacker Jack Ham in the camp that believes Le'Veon Bell to be the NFL's premier running back.

Ham starred for the Pittsburgh Steelers from 1971-82, earning six first-team All-Pro selections, Defensive Player of the Year honors in 1975, and helping the club win four Super Bowls.

Ahead of the upcoming season, Ham raved about Bell, while taking shots at Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott.

"Bell is the best route runner I have seen for a running back in a long time," Ham said to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"(Elliott) can't hold his jock as a receiver or route runner. Running a flare out of the backfield is not running a route. There's a huge difference. Elliott is a flare guy, not a route runner. Bell understands this. He didn't do that at Michigan State. They didn't use him like that. Here they found out he was such a good receiver. It's a big weapon when he's in there."

Bell, Elliott, and Arizona Cardinals star David Johnson are widely considered to be the NFL's premier running backs, but the Steelers' star enters the season as the highest-paid player at this position by a wide margin.

The Steelers likely hope Ham's endorsement goes along way with Bell and wide receiver Antonio Brown operating as the fulcrums of the team's offense.

Hall of Fame LB Ham raves about Bell, says Elliott 'can't hold his jock'
https://www.thescore.com/news/1368767
(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )