• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ben is playing against San Diego

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Burt Lauten, Steelers PR: "Ben Roethlisberger will be activated to the team’s 53-man roster after passing the NFL’s required COVID-19 protocols. He will fly separately this afternoon from the team’s charter plane to Los Angeles with the expectation of starting Sunday night vs the Chargers."

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be kewl beans per sey his seat was next to yours.? As a fan I'd talk a lot about things other than football, try to get to know the man and share my life's experience with him as well.

NOT get team or social political, just straight talk as if to a friend / neighbor / uncle. I most certainly would talk about his K-9 work and other comunity help projects.

I'm glad for his return and the TEAM needs him whether in starting mode or #2, just having him there will be a BIG upboost for the team.

Salute the nation

FordFairLane

Reaction score
So this goes one of two ways

A. He is rusty Ben… missing a bunch of throws and tossing some picks in a bad loss

B. He is in Ben has something to prove mode and he throws 5 tds…

Layoffs or no practice weeks are boom or bust for him…
Odds are on A.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would imagine Bosa will be playing. He was only on the contact list. He didn't test positive unless he did late in the week.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be kewl beans per sey his seat was next to yours.? As a fan I'd talk a lot about things other than football, try to get to know the man and share my life's experience with him as well.

NOT get team or social political, just straight talk as if to a friend / neighbor / uncle. I most certainly would talk about his K-9 work and other comunity help projects.

I'm glad for his return and the TEAM needs him whether in starting mode or #2, just having him there will be a BIG upboost for the team.

Salute the nation
I would talk about two things -
1) The time I flew from So Cal to Latrobe to get his autograph, but a drunk guy ran up to the fenceline and pushed a bunch of people, including kids, over. So, he walked away. I shouted to him that I can from So Cal to get his autograph, but he ignored me.

2) He and I share a common faith. I would spend most of that time on that.

And - he is probably on a chartered, away from trash like me, flight.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score

Salute the nation
I'd leave him the hell alone and go about my flight

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Salute the nation
I’d tell him he’s chewing too loud if he orders a meal. I’d probably crop dust and blame it on the passanger behind us. Then proceed to say “here we go Stillers!” As we get off the plane and whip out a terrible towel and flash it

Aussie_Steeler

Reaction score
So this goes one of two ways

A. He is rusty Ben… missing a bunch of throws and tossing some picks in a bad loss

B. He is in Ben has something to prove mode and he throws 5 tds…

Layoffs or no practice weeks are boom or bust for him…
You left out C. The oline and offensive game plan continues to suck and Ben does the best he can with it and throws for 280 yards on 50 pass attempts with 1 or 2 touchdowns and 0 or 1 interceptions.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd leave him the hell alone and go about my flight

GOOD for you and I would as well if he chose that. Ben would engage in conversation but in the event he wasn't having it I'd leave him alone as well. I'm not a needy fan but a good conversationalist and respect the conversation.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Kinda rough on yourself there lol. He’s just a guy like the rest of us

EXACTLY.! I don't elevate pedistals for anyone. Treat me how you want to be treated.

Ben would be normal although he would be thinking about work. Maybe easier in the off-season to engage.

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I still call them San Diego, too. Hard habit to break.

I totally get it, When I refer to our beloved Pirates some think I' talking baseball..................................

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We don't own luxury cars, once I owned a luxury soap and it gave me rash, too rich for me

My LUXURY S10 is a pickup so I'm in the clear. Your welcome to ride / drive anytime.

NO soap involved and free cooked to order 5lb bacon wrap.

Salute the nation

steelcan58

Reaction score
I've just been calling them the LA Comptons.

• Haha
Reactions: MTC

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
GOOD for you and I would as well if he chose that. Ben would engage in conversation but in the event he wasn't having it I'd leave him alone as well. I'm not a needy fan but a good conversationalist and respect the conversation.

Salute the nation
You'd be all like, "uh, hi Mr. Roethlisberger? I-I'm a huge Steeler fan, a-and a huge fan of yours in p-p-particular an' h'whatnot..." Ben would be courteous and be like, "thanks, appreciate it", and go back to reading his copy of War & Peace, obviously not looking to conversate with strange randos. Then you'd start prattling on about "wholly ****" this, and "red hot poker" that, and Ben would cut you off and be like, "sorry, but, I'm just trying to relax before this game tomorrow night", as he puts in his earbuds, reclines his seat and puts on a sleep mask. That's when you'd lose your **** and start yelling at Ben, you'd be all huffin' and a'puffin' about indignities an' whatnot, all like...

9759320.gif

:heh:

Last edited: