• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Big Al Signs with Rats

steelhurt

Reaction score
Just heard on 93.7 The Fan. Two years 14 million with 8 million guaranteed. Big Al Vill is gone and to the Rats no less. Good luck to you sir.

Last edited:

SteveA

Reaction score
sorry boys. He’s now the enemy. Sad to say I loved the dude for years but man what a sieve on the left side. Let Lamar get bull rushed and blind sided instead of Big Ben

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
sorry boys. He’s now the enemy. Sad to say I loved the dude for years but man what a sieve on the left side. Let Lamar get bull rushed and blind sided instead of Big Ben
Reread my post. It wasn't an endorsement of his play the last two years. lol

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Loved the guy and fully respect and honor his service to the country. I also appreciated his years in the 'Burgh. But frankly, he's gotten gradually softer & softer past few seasons. He can go play patty cakes with defenders for the Ravens for $14M. Good luck, Alejandro!

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The thing about signing after the draft means no compensation pick is bunk. Rats played that game. Steelers probably get a 6th but for that rule. They already have a 3rd for Dupree and 4th for Hilton.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Big Al. You are now dead to me.
Big Al will never be dead to me.
Alejandro-Villanueva_afamxn

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah he will replace Orlando Brown at RT since Ronnie Stanley is coming back at LT.
even worse, this will affect the ravens running ability

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Good health Al, and I hope you play well. But I also hope you have a miserable experience losing the next 34 games.

SteveA

Reaction score
Oh no....There's a gaping hole in our left side now...

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
AcrobaticFeminineFallowdeer-size_restricted.gif

Lol seriously though, thanks for your all your hard work and dedication to the Steelers, Al, and of course, thank you for your service to this great nation. I hope you continue to enjoy a fulfilling career...well, with the exception of two particular games a year, of course

FordFairLane

Reaction score
For 2 years 14 million I would have brought him back. He’s worth damn near that on leadership alone.
I will wish him success 14 games a year.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
For 2 years 14 million I would have brought him back. He’s worth damn near that on leadership alone.
I will wish him success 14 games a year.
I don't know, if leadership plays below the line, what is it leading. They couldn't run left if their lives depended upon it and he got beat enough on pass rushes. I think he was self made with help from Munchak. When Munch left and dipshit took over he was kinda sunk. Maybe better coaching will help him.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I don't know, if leadership plays below the line, what is it leading. They couldn't run left if their lives depended upon it and he got beat enough on pass rushes. I think he was self made with help from Munchak. When Munch left and dipshit took over he was kinda sunk. Maybe better coaching will help him.
He’s a middle of the pack LT but you know what you got with him. Chuks struggled at RT. Maybe with better coaching Chuks takes a big step forward and maybe Banner comes back 100% and stays healthy and maybe Moore is a capable swing tackle. But that’s a lot of maybes.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah he will replace Orlando Brown at RT since Ronnie Stanley is coming back at LT.

This might suit him better as he is a load to move.

I thank AVilli for his time here and the respect he brought to the team and people in general. I wish him well unless he is playing us, then just average. Life's work

Salute the nation

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
He’s a middle of the pack LT but you know what you got with him. Chuks struggled at RT. Maybe with better coaching Chuks takes a big step forward and maybe Banner comes back 100% and stays healthy and maybe Moore is a capable swing tackle. But that’s a lot of maybes.
And adding Al back into the equation would have provided some more. "Maybe he gets it back together or maybe the train goes fully off the rails and he stinks the place up." Sometimes it's best to just have a clean break.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
S’all right, he wasn’t that good anymore. Play declined after Munchak left.