• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Big Al Signs with Rats

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
He’s a middle of the pack LT but you know what you got with him. Chuks struggled at RT. Maybe with better coaching Chuks takes a big step forward and maybe Banner comes back 100% and stays healthy and maybe Moore is a capable swing tackle. But that’s a lot of maybes.
Id say calling his play middle of the pack over the past two years is a big maybe.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
and one thing I will always give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt on is an olineman being done. They have the all 22 and know his blocking assignment on every play. 12 million and 6 guaranteed probably keeps him here before FA. They didn't make an offer as far as we know.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I have more respect for Big Al as a US Army Ranger than as a football player. You wear purple and you are an enemy of my beloved Steelers. It is as simple as that.

When I first saw the news I thought "traitor!", but you summed it up perfectly (surprising, ********).

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Id say calling his play middle of the pack over the past two years is a big maybe.
PFF ranked him 17th and 18th the last two years. Slightly below middle of the pack.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
When I first saw the news I thought "traitor!", but you summed it up perfectly (surprising, ********).
I don’t fault him. Steelers wanted to move on with Chuks and Banner. From what I could tell the market wasn’t huge for him so he took the best deal he could. Now if we would have offers 2-years 14 million and he signed with the ravens then I’d be perturbed.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t fault him. Steelers wanted to move on with Chuks and Banner. From what I could tell the market wasn’t huge for him so he took the best deal he could. Now if we would have offers 2-years 14 million and he signed with the ravens then I’d be perturbed.

Ugh, you make a good point - the man is trying to get the most he can for he & his family while he can.

Just part of me can't ever look at that great man in a purple shitbird uniform.

Stewey

Reaction score
Why would the Rats sign a below the middle of the pack tackle that has declined over the past 2 years?

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Why would the Rats sign a below the middle of the pack tackle that has declined over the past 2 years?
They traded Orlando Brown jr and Al is an insurance policy.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Hopefully we can say that about "laMarr" soon.............................

BUT only for way greater money, I mean WAY GREATER

Salute the nation

Big Ben Rules

Reaction score
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/202...lks-pittsburgh-steelers/#.YJLrbmPqKcs.twitter

After Joining Rival Ravens, Former Pittsburgh Steelers Tackle Alejandro Villanueva Throws Shade At Former Team​

May 5, 2021 at 2:31 pm
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/liv...10224563-20210505204443-kdka-news-at-4-part-6
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Former Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Alejandro Villanueva wasted no time in throwing shade at his former team.
Speaking to the media for the first time since joining the rival Baltimore Ravens on a two-year deal, Villanueva said the Steelers told him they weren’t interested in retaining his services shortly after the season ended.

ADVERTISING

READ MORE:'This May 31st Will Look A Lot Different': Allegheny Co. Officials Say They Will Follow State's Easing Of COVID-19 Restrictions
“I just think that everybody makes business decisions,” Villanueva told members of the media.

Big Al also said that part of his motivation for joining the Ravens, was to play the Steelers twice a year.
But Villanueva wasted little time throwing shade at his former team.
When asked about the Ravens running style, Villanueva took shots at former teammate JuJu Smith-Schuster, saying, “I’m assuming it’s not as much fun for the receivers because they’re not getting all of the catches, they’re making the TikToks and and they’re having fun on their social media.”
READ MORE:Prantl's Bakery In Squirrel Hill Shut Down By Allegheny County Health Department

Villanueva didn’t stop there, he also went after former teammate, guard David DeCastro.
“I’m sure Kevin Zeitler will be an upgrade,” Villanueva said.
Villanueva’s deal is reportedly worth $14 million total over two years, with $8 million fully guaranteed.
Villanueva first signed with the Steelers in 2014, after being waived by the Philadelphia Eagles.
MORE NEWS:Timothy Lee Box Arrested After Allegedly Shooting Off Fireworks At Woman's Home
He was converted to play on the offensive line in Pittsburgh, and spent 7 years with the Steelers.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
If he directed that at DD purposefully I just lost a lot of respect for that guy. You don't say something like that ever. Army Ranger whatever. If he said that purposefully......... **** off. I hope Watt beats him like a rented mule and ends Jackson while he stands there like a turnstile.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Woah...media fools making a big deal out of the tiktok crack directed at juju...but damn...not a word about that smack on DDC. Yowza...ratbirds are back on the menu boys.

I would like to thank Al. DDC should be a little extra motivated after that crack.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw the supposed crack at DD as more a crack at Dotson/Feiler. As in "I'm sure (playing on the side that has) Kevin Zeitler will be an upgrade (over playing on the side that had Dotson/Feiler)."
Either way, we all saw it last year. They couldn't run left unless Dotson was at Guard. And that was because Feiler and Al both sucked. At least Feiler could point to playing out of position.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Al didn't play next to DDC, maybe he threw that at Feiler

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw the supposed crack at DD as more a crack at Dotson/Feiler. As in "I'm sure (playing on the side that has) Kevin Zeitler will be an upgrade (over playing on the side that had Dotson/Feiler)."
Either way, we all saw it last year. They couldn't run left unless Dotson was at Guard. And that was because Feiler and Al both sucked. At least Feiler could point to playing out of position.
not that he got any push on the run either

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
This type of stuff usually happens when the really hot girlfriend breaks up with you and you find a rebound not as good.

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
Ironically, this deal is more annual per year than Al got when he was 29 from Steelers. He got $6.5 guaranteed with APY of $6M per year. Of course it doesn't work out exactly like that, he had a cap hit of $8.3 in 2020 and was paid $5M (his bonus was pro-rated over the last 3 years).

Not sure how it's structured, but normally guys don't get bigger guarantees and pay raise when they will be 33.

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
There was no crack on DeCastro. It's twitter clickbait. Check out the story on the main page for more insight.

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
That was just Al clowning a non story. Soon you will see TJ clowning Al on the football field, that will be the story while their RB is running for his life.

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score