• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

bince is back

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
  • Steelers re-signed ILB Vince Williams.​

Williams was released in a cap move to clear $4 million last month, but he's coming back despite getting some interest outside of Pittsburgh. 31-year-old Williams has spent his entire eight-year career with the Steelers and played 65% of the defensive snaps last season as a thumper inside.
    SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
    Apr 14, 2021, 1:50 PM ET

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, that is good news for running downs at least. Welcome back Vince!

Joe

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It saved $4 million and now they will be paying him again so it won't save $4 million. How much is he getting? Good move though especially since it seems Dulac from the PG might be correct when he said he severely doubts Williamson will be coming back.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
It definitely helps, our depth is almost non existent at ILB and who knows if Spillane would or is capable as a starting buck lb. We would have most assuredly signed someone and/or drafted someone probably before round four was over. We have so many needs, this eliminates a frantic pick that could be at the expense of a better athlete somewhere else.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
we can target ILB that could be there in rnd 4-5 Moses hoping he falls both buckeye ILB Fields11, Stuard Mcgrone (played with Bush athletic to drop hard hitter just like bush.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
I like Vince...but its seems that his played has declined..

This also puts a damper on us drafting Zaven Collins.

Not a big hooray moment from my perspective.
Signing him has no bearing on if we draft Collins or not. If they like Collins enough to take him then they will draft him and not have to depend on him starting. I personally would like to see them draft another position of need in the 1st but Collins wouldn’t be bad either.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I like Vince...but its seems that his played has declined..

This also puts a damper on us drafting Zaven Collins.

Not a big hooray moment from my perspective.

I hear yaz steel dino but it also would stop the Avery signing and I think Avery would be an upgrade over Bince. Bince is to slow and Spillane can thump just as well so if Avery is odd man out then we lose or decline in ability vs signing Bince.

I'm not so sure Collins was in the mix in the draft due to to many needs and this allows them to address elsewhere needs. NOT saying Collins won't be drafted or shouldn't be but if Bince/Avery are brought back then Collins is less likely to be drafted. Any other year but this one.

Salute the nation

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I hear yaz steel dino but it also would stop the Avery signing and I think Avery would be an upgrade over Bince. Bince is to slow and Spillane can thump just as well so if Avery is odd man out then we lose or decline in ability vs signing Bince.

I'm not so sure Collins was in the mix in the draft due to to many needs and this allows them to address elsewhere needs. NOT saying Collins won't be drafted or shouldn't be but if Bince/Avery are brought back then Collins is less likely to be drafted. Any other year but this one.

Salute the nation
Small school ILB + 1st round= it wouldn't happen anyway

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
move pushes ILB to mid- late rounds several thumpers who run subpat 4.6 should be there in rnd 4-6 as we need to get by need and bpa in this order
rb
ot
c
olb
cb
s
ilb

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
move pushes ILB to mid- late rounds several thumpers who run subpat 4.6 should be there in rnd 4-6 as we need to get by need and bpa in this order
rb
ot
c
olb
cb
s
ilb
Maybe the pecking order if value is there. although we could debate CB bring higher on the list. But a CB, pass rusher, T, and outside chance of QB in 1 can rear their ugly head if BPA says otherwise.