• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BJ Finney to the Seahawks

ianv2012

Reaction score
https://Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2020/03/seahawks-to-sign-og-bj-finney/

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn. I know Hines didn't like him but he killed it in his first start against the Chiefs a couple years back. I don't know if he regressed or was playing multiple positions, but I thought he was a valuable OL to the Steelers.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Same here / man.

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
This means Feiler will likely get a multi-year deal.

edit - Looks like Feiler is getting a one year tender.

Last edited:

6Lombardis

Reaction score
With Foster and Finney gone, do we have a LG now currently?

Gridiron

Banned
Reaction score
The stupidity of resigning Foster last year instead of giving Finney a long term deal was mind boggling. Foster has been bad for years and was absolutely horrific last year, everyone saw that coming, and Finney has been an immediate upgrade every time he has played. We have had our best running games with him in there instead of the stiff Foster.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn't there talk of them moving Gray to Guard?

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Is gray going to be ready? He looked good in camp last year he didn’t play all season but dude looked the part in camp. He’s one big dude so it the left tackle we drafted... worse feet ever seen but one big dude... man we miss munch

Stewey

Reaction score
Damn.

Every time I hear his name I think of this video.

Because the girl is really really hot.lol

Last edited:

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
This means Feiler will likely get a multi-year deal.

edit - Looks like Feiler is getting a one year tender.
Hope they are working on a long term contract as we speak. He is a keeper.

There's not one backup C with any sort of NFL experience in the roster and that's why I didn't want to lose Finney, especially for a 2 years / 8M total contract.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

scstillerfan

Reaction score
Stupid move by the Steelers letting him go that cheap. They can't replace all these holes on the OL in this draft. Maybe they are considering a FA but I doubt it.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Damn. I know Hines didn't like him but he killed it in his first start against the Chiefs a couple years back. I don't know if he regressed or was playing multiple positions, but I thought he was a valuable OL to the Steelers.

This is what happened when you tag Dupree and have the 2nd least cap space in the NFL. With Foster retired and Finney gone, Guard will likely be a target in rounds two, three, four and four with the Steelers on draft day.

I guess the silver lining is, we might get a few comp picks for the 2021 draft.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought this guy grew up a Steelers fan? Seems like he would have been real easy to re-sign.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
replace finney with Bredesason or Lemuiux and finney with Matt Henessay

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score

Short arms and he got pushed around by NTs. He was a decent fill in for our injured or suspended starters but this guy is not a top tier long term starter.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
No one backs baby into a corner. Sounds like Steelers wanted him back but took more from Seattle.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
That didn't seem like a high contract. Not sure why BJ wasn't resigned....

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Not sure why? We are in the red

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

We could have let Bud walk ( Or at least try a sign and trade ) and replace him with cheaper veteran free edge rusher, and have retained any player we wish, plus add depth to other areas. We'll see if Bud was worth it. I for one do not think he will be as good as he was last season.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score

We could have let Bud walk ( Or at least try a sign and trade ) and replace him with cheaper veteran free edge rusher, and have retained any player we wish, plus add depth to other areas. We'll see if Bud was worth it. I for one do not think he will be as good as he was last season.

Bud will now be a DPOY candidate! Thanks Coach!

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Short arms and he got pushed around by NTs. He was a decent fill in for our injured or suspended starters but this guy is not a top tier long term starter.

FInney was a good 6th man who could start and hold his own for a few games. Okay, with Foster out, and Finney out, we have little depth. Moving Fieler to guard is risky as I'm not sure if Chucks can hold down the Right Tackle spot. There was an open competition for RT last camp between Fieler and Chucks and it wasn't close. I'd rather keep Feiler where he is and pick a guard in rounds 2-4.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Bud will now be a DPOY candidate! Thanks Coach!

Lebanon, Thanks pretty funny since not even TJ Watt could do that, but okay. DPOY for Durpree if you think so. Dupree is a nice player, but about 5th-7th most important not he defense, behind Watt ( who will need to be-signed soon ), Fitzpatrick, Heyward, and Tuitt. I say Haden is more important too. You could agree Bush with a year under his belt will have a better season than Dupree too, who incase we forgot is prone to getting dinged up, and no one is sure if his football character will be after getting paid.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

I don't think that is accurate. As they signed Watt because of cleared cap space...