• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Break it on down to rumorville.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I will put unconfirmed rumors here.

Apparently Juju.. it has said has some interest in the Chiefs if he doesn't re-sign. The Chiefs were supposedly one of the teams interested in him last free agency.

Other unconfirmed rumor out right now is that Tuitt is selling his šŸ  in Pittsburgh. If true I take it he is calling it a career.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I guess if Tuitt was upfront with the Steelers he took his bonus money and whatever was guarenteed but it still stinks cause they paid him his base money last season. I get stuff but **** if you actually love football I don't understand how this helps you heal.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I guess if Tuitt was upfront with the Steelers he took his bonus money and whatever was guarenteed but it still stinks cause they paid him his base money last season. I get stuff but **** if you actually love football I don't understand how this helps you heal.
They "only" paid him $1M last year. They renegotiated his contract to lower it to that in case he decided he wasn't playing football anymore.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
They "only" paid him $1M last year. They renegotiated his contract to lower it to that in case he decided he wasn't playing football anymore.
Yes. My bad. Misread you are correct. It really doesn't seem like he is coming back. He was still pretty big cap hit last year and next, but most/all is restructured/ guarenteed. Butler seems to be talking a lot. Sounds like it was all his brother's death. He didn't sound very confident Tuitt would play next year.

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Break it on down to rumorville.​

veganville.jpg

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I am a big fan of JuJu, but as the WR room is currently constructed, it is time for both to move in a different direction.

If that's true about Tuitt it's too bad. Seems like a great teammate and always loved those BBQ segments he did. Great player too.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
If itā€™s true about Tuitt heā€™s kind of a POS. Take the money and run.

I doubt JuJu comes back. I think he wants a guarantee at QB. In my opinion he only came back because of Ben. It would be great to retain him but I donā€™t think it will happen.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
It would be a big mistake to let Juju walk. He may not be a true #1, but he's the best WR on the team. If he goes the WR room truly sucks and it won't improve with Hilliard there.
He's the best on the team and has only averaged 8.6 YPC over the past two seasons. That's dreadful for a receiver. He can do much better than that as a No. 2. He would be a monster in KC playing with Hill, Kelce, and the other weapons there. From the Steelers point of view, they are eventually going to need a true No. 1 receiver. If the right guy is there in the draft, I would not be disappointed if they went that direction.

PolamaluFanForever43

Reaction score
He's the best on the team and has only averaged 8.6 YPC over the past two seasons. That's dreadful for a receiver. He can do much better than that as a No. 2. He would be a monster in KC playing with Hill, Kelce, and the other weapons there. From the Steelers point of view, they are eventually going to need a true No. 1 receiver. If the right guy is there in the draft, I would not be disappointed if they went that direction.
From his perspective sure he would do so much better in a place like KC. From the Steelers perspective I can't imagine them not going OL/DL early in the draft. I can't see them pulling another #1 WR out of their *** beyond round 3/4, normally those guys are gone by the end of round 2.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Cushy retirement account.

He doesnā€™t love football. Thatā€™s feel good media talk

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Next season here he will have either Rudolph or Haskins throwing to him, probably Rudolph, and KC will still have Mahomes.
Tuitt missed almost half his games anyway. We can do better.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Next season here he will have either Rudolph or Haskins throwing to him, probably Rudolph, and KC will still have Mahomes.
Mahomes. Then having Kelce, Hill. KC is the hip market for the tik tok fans

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Mahomes has the commercials and visibility. Chance for JuJu to get ahead.

Who on the Steelers is marketable?

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Not gonna apologizeā€¦I think Tuitt is going thru a hard time. We all go thru it at some point. But heā€™s still getting paid. Be a stand up guy and go back to the Steelers for a injury/ personal settlement and be gone. I like the guy, but heā€™s big time milked this team for millions this past year.

as for Juju, Iā€™m a fan, Iā€™ll watch and cheer him on. But go to KC Juju and thrive! You arenā€™t gonna do much with Rudolph or Haskins and youā€™re wasted talent with Tomlin running the show.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
If they go heavy OL in the draft, that may translate to Najee becoming more of a factor, but they would still need a QB to consistently make plays when needed, I don't see Rudolph or Haskins doing that.

No one should blame Juju for signing elsewhere for more $$$ and very likely more success.

I'll always be a fan, but I see some dark days ahead if they don't bring in a veteran QB to compete.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Not gonna apologizeā€¦I think Tuitt is going thru a hard time. We all go thru it at some point. But heā€™s still getting paid. Be a stand up guy and go back to the Steelers for a injury/ personal settlement and be gone. I like the guy, but heā€™s big time milked this team for millions this past year.

as for Juju, Iā€™m a fan, Iā€™ll watch and cheer him on. But go to KC Juju and thrive! You arenā€™t gonna do much with Rudolph or Haskins and youā€™re wasted talent with Tomlin running the show.
Iā€™m not condoning what Tuitt did, that said good for him. Hopefully whatever personal matters he has gets straightened out.

He has enough at his disposal to start up a solid life post football. Like Juju God speed

bkwheat28

Reaction score
Iā€™ll miss the guy if he leaves. I liked Juju. But if he moves on. God speed

Same here. Ironically as a Jazz fan I had similar things going on at same time. AB was being a dick and JuJu made us all love him. Out here Hayward had just broke our hearts and Donovan Mitchell filled that void.
Bruce Willis movie Last Boy Scout nailed itā€¦..free agents, ruined the god damn game! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Same here. Ironically as a Jazz fan I had similar things going on at same time. AB was being a dick and JuJu made us all love him. Out here Hayward had just broke our hearts and Donovan Mitchell filled that void.
Bruce Willis movie Last Boy Scout nailed itā€¦..free agents, ruined the god damn game! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
:ROFLMAO:
I hear ye