• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Break it on down to rumorville.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He's the best on the team and has only averaged 8.6 YPC over the past two seasons. That's dreadful for a receiver. He can do much better than that as a No. 2. He would be a monster in KC playing with Hill, Kelce, and the other weapons there.
Then if the Steelers were smart, they would find a legit #1, allow JuJu to rack up the stats with having Muth and a legit #1 on the field. This also gives them leverage if and when they need to cut ties with Chase.

steelhurt

Reaction score
I'd like them to re-sign Ju Ju but not overpay for him. He's not a #1 but good slot receiver who can move the chains. This team does however need a true #1 receiver which we currently do not have.
As for Tuitt, its time to move on from him and his 9 million dollar cap hit in 2022. Also, move on from Shoebert and his 7 million dollar cap hit as well as Banner and his 3-4 million dollar cap hit. Add that money to the already 42 million dollar we have in cap space and suddenly you find yourself being able to plug some holes between FA and the draft.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Cutting Tuitt before June 1 saves $9 million. This is his last year as well. Cutting him is a no-brainer. If JuJu will sign for around $8 million per, he would be a bargain. I do think Claypool will improve but he isn't a No. 1. DJ still has a ways to go to earn the trust as a No. 1 but will be offered it. He should be offered something close to what the 20-25th best WR in the league gets. If he wants top 5 or even top 10 money, let him walk.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like them to re-sign Ju Ju but not overpay for him. He's not a #1 but good slot receiver who can move the chains. This team does however need a true #1 receiver which we currently do not have.
As for Tuitt, its time to move on from him and his 9 million dollar cap hit in 2022. Also, move on from Shoebert and his 7 million dollar cap hit as well as Banner and his 3-4 million dollar cap hit. Add that money to the already 42 million dollar we have in cap space and suddenly you find yourself being able to plug some holes between FA and the draft.
Decreased production plus injury.I don't think anyone will overpay for Juju. You can restructure Joe. I thought he did ok just had a crappy Dline in front of him. Well minus Heyward obviously. I do see Banner and Tuitt gone. Did appreciate contributions from both and like who they are off the field. It is time to add to that considerable bank they have to spend. As has been said there is a lot of holes to fill. Omar is retained let him do what he does best- tweak.

livingthrudying

Reaction score
Why would the Chiefs want Ju Ju? Is he really any better than the top 3 with the Chiefs?

I like Ju Ju, but I just don't see it. I don't think the market is gonna be all that much better for him this year. You can find him in rounds 2-4 in any draft and not pay millions.
Cause you pair him with Hill and Kelce and he puts up numbers again like he did when AB was here. JuJu would absolutely thrive there.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Too many mouths to feed in KC, plus there are a lot of WRs available in free agency. Can't see him ending up there and I would prefer to keep him.

Using Banners salary I'd bring Chis Hubbard back. He can play anywhere on the line and would be a good veteran presence for developing the young guys.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If Pringle keeps stepping up in the playoffs and then having Hardman with his almost Hill-like speed, they won't have much need for JuJu.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
When are Lamar, Allen, Mahomes ect (top QB's) salaries going to start to effect the cap with other surrounding players ie. Ben?

diver

Reaction score
Cause you pair him with Hill and Kelce and he puts up numbers again like he did when AB was here. JuJu would absolutely thrive there.
I acknowledged that the post after. In the moment I didn't think about that.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Someone told me that Roethlisberger has expressed to some within his inner circle a possible desire to return for one more season if there is mutual interest on the part of the Steelers.
I heard the same thing from my Vets nephew. he knows things from his peace rally contacts

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
What people have to understand is that it’s probably more him dealing with his mom than just the death of his brother.

Remember, she watched the car run him down and interacted with the body until the paramedics and police got there…
I’ve heard she wasn’t in a good place afterwards… and that he was helping her…

If i had the luxury of quitting to help my elderly mom, id do it in a heartbeat
Guys, I’d like to add, that Tuitt’s mom is an active Deputy Sheriff. So, far from being elderly. The whole situation is frustratingly sad, as the culprit felon still hasn’t been found.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Regarding Tuitt ...

Sorry you lost your brother. Terrible. But news alert - every person on earth has lost someone incredibly close to us - mother, father, husband, wife, brother, sister, even child. And we still live our lives, go to work, do our jobs, take care of our families.

What Tuitt had to deal with is not unique. It's not. Tuitt reminds me of a baseball player the Pirates drafted as the #1 overall pick, Jeff King. Talented player who actually hated playing baseball. As soon as he had made enough money, he quit at age 33.

That's Tuitt. He has enough money, does not have the inner desire needed to work and quit.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Regarding Tuitt ...

Sorry you lost your brother. Terrible. But news alert - every person on earth has lost someone incredibly close to us - mother, father, husband, wife, brother, sister, even child. And we still live our lives, go to work, do our jobs, take care of our families.

What Tuitt had to deal with is not unique. It's not. Tuitt reminds me of a baseball player the Pirates drafted as the #1 overall pick, Jeff King. Talented player who actually hated playing baseball. As soon as he had made enough money, he quit at age 33.

That's Tuitt. He has enough money, does not have the inner desire needed to work and quit.
Players don’t care what we think. They take the money and leave when they can.
I don’t blame them. It’s a short career, post career injuries, CTE. Players are switching teams like underwear for the next contract, retire early.

Just something to remember when tuning in on sundays. Much like any big entity that makes billions. It’s just that.

If I was in Tuitt’s shoes, call me lazy, not passionate etc. The money he’s retiring with, if managed properly, he won’t have to work another day in his life

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How much can we save by cutting Derek Watt? He doesn't even play ffs.

Slovan Sam

Reaction score
How much can we save by cutting Derek Watt? He doesn't even play ffs.
They could post a banner in the locker room that says "If you blink cut off your eye lids" and save the $10m annually or whatever it is that we're wasting on Tomlin.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They could post a banner in the locker room that says "If you blink cut off your eye lids" and save the $10m annually or whatever it is that we're wasting on Tomlin.
Coach salaries aren't counting against the cap.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Regarding Tuitt ...

33 is fairly old for a baseball player, especially in the 1990s.

King had pretty severe back issues throughout his career as well. Good player that never quite reached his full potential.

As for Tuitt, everyone deals with tragedy differently. I think it is a stretch to automatically assume his apparent decision to quit means he was only in it for the money.

That could very well be the case, but some people are just never the same after personal loss.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
33 is fairly old for a baseball player, especially in the 1990s.

King had pretty severe back issues throughout his career as well. Good player that never quite reached his full potential.

King had a 4-year run where he had an OPS north of .800 and hit 100 HR's with 403 RBI's, so he averaged 25 HR's, 100 RBI's, .260/.335/.475 over 4 seasons. Not steroid good, but damn good. Those seasons were very near the end of his career.

I base the fact he retired early because he had enough money and did not really like playing baseball on what his agent said at the time and what King said several years later. King stated he did not like the work, the pressure, and wanted just to wear his camo, go into the woods in Arkansas and hunt.

As for Tuitt, everyone deals with tragedy differently. I think it is a stretch to automatically assume his apparent decision to quit means he was only in it for the money.

If Tuitt loved playing football, he almost certainly would have returned since he would be doing something that made him feel joy in place of the anger and hurt that he felt. If he loved playing football, he would have been at the Steelers facility instead of being MIA for months.

If he needed the money, he also probably would have managed to find the field and play.

Put those together, and you get a guy who does not really love playing football and does not need the money any more so he basically bailed on playing.

That could very well be the case, but some people are just never the same after personal loss.

Okay, sure. I guess. But I am pretty certain you, like basically everybody, has lost somebody incredibly close to you. I also suspect you were back at work within 3-4 days. Further, even if you had a ton of money set aside, I suspect you would have returned to some type of work within a fairly short time.

Work gives us a solid foundation for our lives, gives us meaning, gives us a reason for getting up in the morning. I cannot think of any therapist or mental health practitioner who thinks it a good idea to stay at home and ponder what makes us depressed rather than doing something productive, like work.