• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Break it on down to rumorville.

Tom Lynn-Zadeusch

Reaction score
Someone told me that Roethlisberger has expressed to some within his inner circle a possible desire to return for one more season if there is mutual interest on the part of the Steelers.

bkwheat28

Reaction score
Someone told me that Roethlisberger has expressed to some within his inner circle a possible desire to return for one more season if there is mutual interest on the part of the Steelers.

As long as it wasn’t Ian Rapaport. I’d question my education if he told me cloudless sunny skies were blue.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Bob, did you tell yourself this? Your play on words name gives yourself away.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Leglue

1300_1017938503.jpg

Hell yeaH !!!

Salute the nation

diver

Reaction score
Why would the Chiefs want Ju Ju? Is he really any better than the top 3 with the Chiefs?

I like Ju Ju, but I just don't see it. I don't think the market is gonna be all that much better for him this year. You can find him in rounds 2-4 in any draft and not pay millions.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I would love for JuJu to stay. About his lack of #2 production…..I gotta say this; you can’t get separation or run break away routes when the QB is getting rid of the ball in under 2.5 seconds. That was the offense’s limitation. DJ and Ray Ray could take those quick slants and jitterbug more yards, but play action with 3-4 or 5 second releases opens up the field for the Claypool and JuJu players. See JuJu’s rookie season as a example.

diver

Reaction score
I would love for JuJu to stay. About his lack of #2 production…..I gotta say this; you can’t get separation or run break away routes when the QB is getting rid of the ball in under 2.5 seconds. That was the offense’s limitation. DJ and Ray Ray could take those quick slants and jitterbug more yards, but play action with 3-4 or 5 second releases opens up the field for the Claypool and JuJu players. See JuJu’s rookie season as a example.
Good point. And thinking about his rookie year, he had a great player on the other side. Which he would have with Tyreek Hill. So maybe I am wrong in thinking the Chiefs might not have interest.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
So TJ has subway and sports nutrition supplements.

LeGlue has elmers or gorilla glue.
What can be offered to JuJu and his tik tok endeavor to make him stay?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Yes. My bad. Misread you are correct. It really doesn't seem like he is coming back. He was still pretty big cap hit last year and next, but most/all is restructured/ guarenteed. Butler seems to be talking a lot. Sounds like it was all his brother's death. He didn't sound very confident Tuitt would play next year.
What people have to understand is that it’s probably more him dealing with his mom than just the death of his brother.

Remember, she watched the car run him down and interacted with the body until the paramedics and police got there…
I’ve heard she wasn’t in a good place afterwards… and that he was helping her…

If i had the luxury of quitting to help my elderly mom, id do it in a heartbeat

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
What people have to understand is that it’s probably more him dealing with his mom than just the death of his brother.

Remember, she watched the car run him down and interacted with the body until the paramedics and police got there…

Family first. That's why I said from the beginning every situation is different and every person deals with tragedy differently. Different levels factor in. Throw in a family monitoring situation...you do what you have to do for you and yours. That is what a real man does. If that is his situation that should be applauded not ridiculed.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I guess if Tuitt was upfront with the Steelers he took his bonus money and whatever was guarenteed but it still stinks cause they paid him his base money last season. I get stuff but **** if you actually love football I don't understand how this helps you heal.
Meh....who cares really? You are acting like he took the money from your wallet. Players get cut all the time while under contract. So Tuitt collected a few $$$ from the Steelers while dealing with the loss of his brother and possibly an injury. The Steelers could have cut him if they wanted to.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely hell ******* no. Not that I actually believe you or anything

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Family first. That's why I said from the beginning every situation is different and every person deals with tragedy differently. Different levels factor in. Throw in a family monitoring situation...you do what you have to do for you and yours. That is what a real man does. If that is his situation that should be applauded not ridiculed.

Definately not ridiculed but the business side of the STEELERS needs to be addressed as well. They have certainly been upstanding about this whole ordeal as well as Tuitt in the re-working of his contract vs cap. My call is decide if he is actually going to return or proceed with replacement player. Tuitt is far enough removed from the tragedy that in that can be addressed.

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Yep. Me too

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you really want DJ and Claypool as the leaders of the WR room? I know I sure don't. I sign JuJu if he will stay for about the $8 million we paid him this past year. He is a great possession receiver. And, it was obvious how poorly the other WR's were doing after he went down. Having him on the field was definitely an asset and his work ethic is top-notch. For the right price, I sign him. He is a Steeler type WR in the mold of Hines and he taught Claypool to be physical in his 1st year on the team.

This obsession with JuJu and others on social media is pretty ridiculous. This is what kids, college athletes, and young athletes do nowadays. You may be an older fart like me and not like it but there really is nothing wrong with it. Institute a few rules about using it in the locker and move on. This happens with numerous athletes on every team. Follow a few young players on social media and you will see.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Definately not ridiculed but the business side of the STEELERS needs to be addressed as well. They have certainly been upstanding about this whole ordeal as well as Tuitt in the re-working of his contract vs cap. My call is decide if he is actually going to return or proceed with replacement player. Tuitt is far enough removed from the tragedy that in that can be addressed.

Salute the nation
Oh from a business perspective I am sure he will either have to play or retire. I am sure they will take a sympathetic approach regardless. An approach of the team that probably doesn't get enough applause.