• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Breaking news in PGH: Stabbing at Franklin Regional High school

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Have been trying to post a link to the news but it won't let me ..

20 injured - 4 taken to local hospitals ..

Check out KDKA for information

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They are holding a press conf at Forbes Regional hospital - it is said to that there are 7 victims there - 2 went right to surgery --

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Only knives can kill people.

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This is a very sad situation .. there is a fundamental problem in our society and that needs to be fixed.

I blame the lack of morals and the need to be more of a PARENT than a friend to your kids .. I meant for this to be an informational thread but if it turns into something else I will DELETE it .

Vis

Reaction score
This is a very sad situation .. there is a fundamental problem in our society and that needs to be fixed.

I blame the lack of morals and the need to be more of a PARENT than a friend to your kids .. I meant for this to be an informational thread but if it turns into something else I will DELETE it .

I blame poor prefrontal cortex development.

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
8 - Forbes Regional
5 - UPMC east
4 - Children's hospital

1 each at Mercy , AGH and Presby

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Heart goes out to the victims, I hope they recover/heal well!!!!

Salute the nation

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
That guy wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

GoSteelers

Reaction score
**** when i went to school back in..................................................the old days. you used to fight someone out back or down the street from school. what is wrong with kids these days?

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
after reading some of the post here today it makes me realize how desensitized we have become when things like this happen.

If I could delete this thread I would

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
I'm happy that no children were killed. I seem to get more cynical with age though. The first thing I thought (other than I hope no one was killed except the ******** with a knife) was I bet they'll outlaw the knife I've carried (with no incident) since I was in middle school. All because some beta male father never properly explained to this pansy *** kid what being a man is about. Every time I see the news I think of what rights they'll try and take from me to correct lack of parenting in others.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
after reading some of the post here today it makes me realize how desensitized we have become when things like this happen.

It's all fun and games....until it happens near your own kids. I think the mood would be different if there were fatalities. Thank God that wasn't the case.

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It's all fun and games....until it happens near your own kids. I think the mood would be different if there were fatalities. Thank God that wasn't the case.

Actually these kids are not out of the woods yet -- it is going to be a LONG recovery for some of them.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
This is so scary and hits home. Several of my cousins attended FRHS....they have all graduated, but still. You don't think stuff like that could happen in Murrysville!!! Prayers for a full recovery for all the victims.

Vis

Reaction score
It can happen anywhere. How do you predict crazy?

Steelerfan

Reaction score

Perhaps some of the comments are in bad taste, and you and I may even be offended. However, I'm pretty sure you've been on the board longer than me, and you should know this isn't the place for warm and fuzzies. This is a board filled with irreverance, zaniness(sp?), and hard core joking. This is not the board for someone looking for compassion, warmth, and fuzzies.

A good analogy would be a firehouse. If you've ever been a firefighter, you would understand some of the sick things they joke about. Yet, underneath they are generally good people who care. And so it is with this board.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
Very sad, I pray that everyone recovers. When you look at most of the kids who do this stuff, there have usually been warning signs that were ignored. It seems that's the case with this kid, apparently he has made death threats that were not taken seriously. Too bad we can't seem to spot these people and intervene before it's too late.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe if someone had beaten the **** out of the little psycho on Tuesday this could have been prevented.