• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BREAKING: Steelers Draft Najee Harris

fogdoctor

Reaction score
IMO, excellent pick. It's Todd Gurley with fewer fumbles.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Great pick! And, now, as I've been saying since the offseason started, trade-up using one of next years picks (preferably a 3rd or 4th) and grab the best LT or C available. Radunz and others are still there and all the top C's are still there. Move up and get the best without paying nearly as much as we would have moving up in the 1st. Then get some great depth (and possible rotational players for this year) in the 3rd and 4th rounds with our 3 picks there.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
After Darrisaw went at 23, I felt better about this pick, still have to address the line, as others have said.
Hoping Humphrey or Dickerson will still there when the second round pick comes up.
Then OT, CB, ILB, EDGE. I'm all for BAP, but you have to count all the holes.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
with Steven Nelson gone and freeing up #22, it would be almost a no-brainer that he wears his college number. He needs to create his own legacy in Pittsburgh and try not to be the other famous Harris here.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
After Darrisaw went at 23, I felt better about this pick, still have to address the line, as others have said.
Hoping Humphrey or Dickerson will still there when the second round pick comes up.
Then OT, CB, ILB, EDGE. I'm all for BAP, but you have to count all the holes.
when Miami didn't pick him, I felt very good that NH would be there, unless a team jumped us. I have the same feeling as when we picked Ben. A franchise changer.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
You underestimate Harris vision, surprising quickness for a man his size and ability to make defenders miss.

Harris has a excellent stiff arm, can jump over defenders coming in low, juke them out or run them over. He has what I would call competitive speed.

I’m not underestimating anything about Harris. I think he is a terrific player and think he had a tremendous value to the team. He doesn’t change the fact that as of right now the OL still stinks.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I’m not underestimating anything about Harris. I think he is a terrific player and think he had a tremendous value to the team. He doesn’t change the fact that as of right now the OL still stinks.
we have to address it and they will in the next rounds. They are not that obtuse(or are they?).

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I know we lost Pouncey, but Pouncey wasn't the same guy he was 3 years ago. Big Al, love the guy, but he was becoming a turnstile. And yet for the first what, 5 games, this team had no problem running the ball. Then they stopped all the motion, and went out like statues telegraphing which plays were going to be runs, and which were going to be pass, and wow, the defenses were all over them. I'm hoping the "OC for dummies" reader being gone will help us with the running the ball as much as the new talent from this draft.

Joe

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I know we lost Pouncey, but Pouncey wasn't the same guy he was 3 years ago. Big Al, love the guy, but he was becoming a turnstile. And yet for the first what, 5 games, this team had no problem running the ball. Then they stopped all the motion, and went out like statues telegraphing which plays were going to be runs, and which were going to be pass, and wow, the defenses were all over them. I'm hoping the "OC for dummies" reader being gone will help us with the running the ball as much as the new talent from this draft.

Joe

Based on Canada's past, this will be a very different offense going forward. Let's hope Tomlin takes the cuffs off of him and lets him coach.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
when your guy is there, why wait? HAS to be the Steelers midset. lol

That's right. He was definitely what I personally wanted them to draft for the team. My other hope is an OL preferably a C in round 2. If one worthy of that slot is available.

CorpusDsteelers

Reaction score
Well that solves the RB issue. Now blocking for the guy is front and CENTER!

Man Alabama sure put a **** ton of first round draft picks in this year. That has to do well for future recruiting.
Creed!!

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Meh, I don't love the pick, but I don't hate the pick either. He's good RB, I just think the O-line is a more pressing need. Here's hoping they can get that shored up in rounds 2-3.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers set new indoor record running to the podium to select their pick, 8 seconds flat.
Great pick though and the one I was hoping for. A complete back that is a three down guy. Great runner, good blocker, and good receiver who with his size will be a punishing runner.
Relax though guys concerning the OL. Kevin and Cool Shades know they need to add pieces to the OL and we will see that today.
Also, keep in mind that had they waited then we would have had to settle for what was left at the most important position of need for this team. Plenty of good OL to be had in rounds 2-4.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
If darrisaw was there how could they pass on him for harris? No way, even with all the depth at OT available. A chance to get a draft's Top 3 OT so late is very rare, normally you'd have to jump to early teens

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin has said it won't just be personnel changes to improve the running game, it will be schemes, formations, etc. That is good news.

Harris was a great pick. I find it hilarious reading some of the so-called "experts" out there. One gave us a D+ for the pick and called it a "weird pick". Huh? I think this dude is weird and has no clue what he's talking about. Personally, I have said we should move up in the 2nd to get one of our top remaining C's or LT's on our board by using a 3rd or 4th from next year. That and even picking another OL in the 3rd or, more than likely, 4th round would go a long way to solidifying the OL heading into the future. I saw one mock of the 2nd round and it had us sitting tight and getting Minierz (spelling), the small school C and I would be OK with that. I believe he is the 4th rated C on the board but we could move up and get someone better if we wanted or to guarantee we get a C or LT.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin has said it won't just be personnel changes to improve the running game, it will be schemes, formations, etc. That is good news.

Harris was a great pick. I find it hilarious reading some of the so-called "experts" out there. One gave us a D+ for the pick and called it a "weird pick". Huh? I think this dude is weird and has no clue what he's talking about. Personally, I have said we should move up in the 2nd to get one of our top remaining C's or LT's on our board by using a 3rd or 4th from next year. That and even picking another OL in the 3rd or, more than likely, 4th round would go a long way to solidifying the OL heading into the future. I saw one mock of the 2nd round and it had us sitting tight and getting Minierz (spelling), the small school C and I would be OK with that. I believe he is the 4th rated C on the board but we could move up and get someone better if we wanted or to guarantee we get a C or LT.
Why didn't they update the schemes and formation last year when the running game didn't work?