• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BREAKING: Steelers Draft Najee Harris

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin has said it won't just be personnel changes to improve the running game, it will be schemes, formations, etc. That is good news.
Well, ****. If T said it, I have nooooooooo doubt that he'll follow through on that ****! We bout to unleash North Montana!

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Could luck out now get creedmore in the 2nd Harris and Humphrey would fill two big holes

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
I find it hard to be optimistic about the OL right now.

Okorafor was the worst OL on the unit last year and is shifting to LT. Maybe he’ll be better there but he’s bad at run blocking and meh in pass protection.

Dotson had a good year with his pass blocking but did not live up to his pre-draft hype on the ground. He has potential in this area and the ground game was better when he was in there.

Hassenhauer was bad. BJ Finney is not good. The Steelers need a starting center because as of today they have the worst talent in the league at the position

DeCastro had a down year and you hope it was due to injuries and not aging.

Banner flashes potential as a dominant run blocker. Subpar in protection.

A whole lot of “hope” for the talent to perform better on the OL and Canada/Klemm to coach/scheme better.
Yes, there must be a significant improvement from the OL.

Let’s see how the rest of the draft works out and it’s not unheard of for an OL to step up unexpectedly to have great seasons (Oliver Ross, Kevin Beachum)

It’s not just blind hope that players can improve in offseason - especially from first year of playing to second

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
Abour 5 years
He'll crash him onto the rookie wall by early December of this year just in time to unleash hell.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I believe Dickerson will be the pick. I've been guessing we trade up to get him and I'd give up a pick from next year to get him!!!
841c2f73c5815ea1bd3e100e45bc2ae1.jpg

Just messin' with ya Berm ... Well, kinda

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
You underestimate Harris vision, surprising quickness for a man his size and ability to make defenders miss.

Harris has a excellent stiff arm, can jump over defenders coming in low, juke them out or run them over. He has what I would call competitive speed.
Is this the guy you would have picked? Talking heads seem to bashing the Steelers for taking a RB in round one. I personally am ok with it. Arguably the best player at his position with pick 24.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Is this the guy you would have picked? Talking heads seem to bashing the Steelers for taking a RB in round one. I personally am ok with it. Arguably the best player at his position with pick 24.
He wanted ET9.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Meh, I don't love the pick, but I don't hate the pick either. He's good RB, I just think the O-line is a more pressing need. Here's hoping they can get that shored up in rounds 2-3.
Who would you have taken?

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm 4 for 5 on first picks.
Watt, missed on Edmunds but so should have they (wanted Vander Eshe but gone), Bush, Claypool, Harris
We think alot alike SASK..... I look back at the Edmunds draft and the players that were taken after him and no one really stands out other than Nick Chubb and Darius Leonard

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting... According to Wikipedia, Najee's full name is...

Najee JEROME Harris

Interesting......... According to Bermudasteelapedia

Najee means ....... if you can't run around it or jump over it ....ROLL OVER IT ..................BAM BAM

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting......... According to Bermudasteelapedia

Najee means ....... if you can't run around it or jump over it ....ROLL OVER IT ..................BAM BAM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/wWue0rCDOphOE" width="480" height="269" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>