• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bryant 4 game suspension?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Besides it was a joke that you chose to take seriously.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
They just need to legalize the **** already.

I'm not making an excuse for Bryant, as one needs to be aware of the present rules and consequences, but there is something inherently wrong with players being permitted to go to clubs multiple times a week, getting totally **** faced, while guys get suspended a quarter of the season for taking a toke or two.

The latter is actually more preferable, as marijuana does not lead to the same types of incidents that the alcohol-fueled night life does, with DUI hit and runs, various forms of assault, and whatnot.

Last edited:

6Rings

Reaction score
**** him. We have enough WRs to not miss a beat. Tired of this dumb as new generation of young people.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
I wonder if this really is for PEDs instead of pot. Pretty sure the first suspension for pot use is no longer as many as four games...

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I thought they changed the punishment for smoking weed. More lenient?? Guess not. Either way this sucks. And it was stupid.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Unbelievable. It was a good offseason, but I wish the preseason would end. It has been a nightmare.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
**** him. We have enough WRs to not miss a beat. Tired of this dumb as new generation of young people.

He's more important to them than you seem to be giving him credit for.

It isn't a coincidence the offense took a huge step forward once Bryant started playing more. He's a huge downfield threat, a perfect complement to Brown. Wheaton isn't that player.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Not making an excuse either but this younger generation of players grew up smoking. Just like in the 80s sports had issues with cocaine cause that was the cool drug of choice now it's weed again. Still with so much on the line and knowing when you will be tested how do these idiots get caught??

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
A huge blow. Can't understate that one.

The Steelers saw this coming? They were building up Wheaton. There goes our deep threat. Unless Rookie Coates can fill in.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Unbelievable. It was a good offseason, but I wish the preseason would end. It has been a nightmare.

And it started off so ******* "quiet". Hell, this might explain why the tried to bring in David Nelson. DHB is our WR3 for the first four games. Let that sink in.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
They gotta make the best of it. DHB will have to play and Coates will have to grow up fast. I had a lot of hope for long term on Bryant, but if he gets the 4 game the next one is a year I believe.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
This is reflective of why he was still available in the fourth round, in spite of his great talent.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Its getting to be like construction. You can have any two of good, healthy and character, but you can't get all three.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Yep DHB and Coates are going to have to step up. I wonder if Tyler Murphy makes the initial 53 because of this now

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Definitely his second offense. Only stage two offenders recieve 4 games

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The NFL may have to just quit with the pot testing soon... this is the 34th or 35th suspension this year, and thats with known test dates

Steelz

Reaction score
Players make all that money yet don't think to buy the $50 detox from GNC to pass these test.. Just dumb.

thumbring

Reaction score
What a moron. Just drafted his dumb *** last night, too.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Seriously the weed infatuation with people under 30 is insanly high right now... I dont know anyone from 15 to 30 who hasnt at least tried it... I still dont get the draw of it, but whatever

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
We will give Coates a limited route tree just like Bryant last year and hope he can duplicate just some of Bryant's success. Also DHB can still get deep whether either will catch it is a different story.