• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bryant 4 game suspension?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Players make all that money yet don't think to buy the $50 detox from GNC to pass these test.. Just dumb.

or piss in bags for a few months prior to getting 'tonio-ed

nitsuj1225

Reaction score
Is there a reason everyone is saying it was definitely for weed since it hasn't been released what the violation was for?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Seriously the weed infatuation with people under 30 is insanly high right now... I dont know anyone from 15 to 30 who hasnt at least tried it... I still dont get the draw of it, but whatever

It started in the early 90s my generation. Hip Hop music played a major part.

Steelerz99

Forefather
Reaction score
I doubt it was weed...
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/19/6559533/nfl-new-drug-policy-details-nflpa

PED discipline: First-time offenders can be suspended four games for using a banned substance (including HGH). Any attempt to cover up results of a test (a masking agent, for instance) gets a six-game ban.
Marijuana threshold: The NFL is ramping down it's stance on marijuana use. The threshold for a positive test has been increased from 15 ng/ml to 35 ng/ml.

Marijuana discipline: The punishment for a positive test is also changing. As is the case now, a first-time offense lands the player in the substance abuse program without a suspension. The primary difference is the punishment for a second positive test: simply a two-game fine. Each additional violation receives the following progressive discipline: four-game fine, four-game suspension, 10-game suspension. A player can therefore test positive for marijuana three times without getting suspended.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What a moron. Just drafted his dumb *** last night, too.

NOW we know who's to blame.
this time it isn't ark.
unless he told you to draft Bryant.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
no use pretending anymore. OUR team is as full of idiots and a$$holes as any in the league.

You can say the same for our fan base also.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I doubt it was weed...

PED discipline: First-time offenders can be suspended four games for using a banned substance (including HGH). Any attempt to cover up results of a test (a masking agent, for instance) gets a six-game ban.
Marijuana threshold: The NFL is ramping down it's stance on marijuana use. The threshold for a positive test has been increased from 15 ng/ml to 35 ng/ml.

Marijuana discipline: The punishment for a positive test is also changing. As is the case now, a first-time offense lands the player in the substance abuse program without a suspension. The primary difference is the punishment for a second positive test: simply a two-game fine. Each additional violation receives the following progressive discipline: four-game fine, four-game suspension, 10-game suspension. A player can therefore test positive for marijuana three times without getting suspended.

**** good find maybe it wasn't weed. Still sucks

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I doubt it was weed...

I think if he was suspended for PED's it would say under the leagues policy on PED's as opposed to substance abuse policy. But I could be wrong.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
PED's would make sense,

I was even a little concerned reading reports saying dude put on 25lbs of straight muscle. After one off season?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
But it's saying substance abuse. Either way it sucks and somebody is going to have to step up

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe he overdid his kale, romaine, collards or rainbow chard intake...you never know.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
This is called the Dri Archer effect.......Haley found a way to get him on the field.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
He said he ate lots of steak......dumbass.

These guys should start having their contracts terminated, and not be allowed to sign with another team for 12 months.

Then maybe they will get the lesson.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Maybe the team could hire Greg Lloyd as the disciplinarian for bozos who get suspended.

6Rings

Reaction score
He's more important to them than you seem to be giving him credit for.

It isn't a coincidence the offense took a huge step forward once Bryant started playing more. He's a huge downfield threat, a perfect complement to Brown. Wheaton isn't that player.

I do not give a ****. Do these mfers even watch the news about all the other dumb assessment that get caught? **** him. He has not even got paid yet, and doing stupid ****...

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
What a fuckup, suspended players take a spot on the starting 53?
This will cost us, a lot

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
What a fuckup, suspended players take a spot on the starting 53?
This will cost us, a lot

Obviously Bryant was asleep at the rookie symposium when the players warned the rookies to get a " fall guy " This really sucks. Bryant was the best deep threat in the NFL.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
Do a Brady. Appeal then sue if the appeal is denied. Run out the clock in court.

steelermania

Reaction score
Maybe it was something other than weed. Ecstacy maybe?

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Well ******* hell, you gotta be kidding me with this stupid ****. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as they never fail that 1st test, they're never "put into the program", correct?? And as long as they pass the yearly (or however often) test that is announced in advance, they're good for the rest of the season? Is that more or less how it goes?