• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bud Dupree Coming back?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Why does that sign say Hertz Boston? If this pic legit?

I was wondering that too. I think if he was here in town, there would be a “flutter” made by the media. I haven’t seen / heard anything?

Any word of visit to the facility?

Maybe he is in the Lab being evaluated with modern tech and having Cyborg type limbs being installed………………………..

Where is Adam Scheffter when you need him…………… ?

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering that too. I think if he was here in town, there would be a “flutter” made by the media. I haven’t seen / heard anything?

Any word of visit to the facility?

Maybe he is in the Lab being evaluated with modern tech and having Cyborg type limbs being installed………………………..

Where is Adam Scheffter when you need him…………… ?

Salute the nation
We have the technology, we can rebuild him faster, stronger. Ch ch ch ch dananana.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We have the technology, we can rebuild him faster, stronger. Ch ch ch ch dananana.

I HOPE we don’t make him the 6million dollar man……………. 3.5 mil max, but with hydro-boost.

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So one thing people have to realize is that in this era of player, guys like Dupree have already made enough money to never need it again… Bud has almost 70 million in career earnings… in older eras, players often earned their money then took cheaper contracts to keep playing…

These days if they don’t get the offer they feel is worth it, they just don’t play…
Joe Haden supposedly had offers in the 4 to 5 million range and decided that wasn’t worth the wear and tear to his body…

So people thinking we are going to lowball Dupree and get him aren’t reading the tea leaves… i think 6 million would be the lowest amount he would be offered…

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
So one thing people have to realize is that in this era of player, guys like Dupree have already made enough money to never need it again… Bud has almost 70 million in career earnings… in older eras, players often earned their money then took cheaper contracts to keep playing…

These days if they don’t get the offer they feel is worth it, they just don’t play…
Joe Haden supposedly had offers in the 4 to 5 million range and decided that wasn’t worth the wear and tear to his body…

So people thinking we are going to lowball Dupree and get him aren’t reading the tea leaves… i think 6 million would be the lowest amount he would be offered…

Dupree largely underachieved with the Steelers before he got the big pay day.

The only seasons he ever really played to his potential in the league were in 2019 and 2020 which were contract years for him.

I'm not saying he dogged it early on with the Steelers or has been dogging with the Titans, but he seems like one of those players who has to have green dangling in front of him to find the extra motivation.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Dupree largely underachieved with the Steelers before he got the big pay day.

The only seasons he ever really played to his potential in the league were in 2019 and 2020 which were contract years for him.

I'm not saying he dogged it early on with the Steelers or has been dogging with the Titans, but he seems like one of those players who has to have green dangling in front of him to find the extra motivation.
i think you are saying that he didn't play opposite TJ early in his career, then had his best years in 19/20 when TJ was here, then doesnt have much to show for 21/22 when not opposite TJ.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If 6 mil is what it would take to get him here, I’d HARD pass.

He isn’t going to bring the production and that 6mil can be used better elsewhere on a better player package.

Salute the nation