• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bud Dupree Coming back?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
But as a rotational piece is better than any depth we had in awhile.

EXACTLY slash, I’m all for bringing him in as he will upgrade that depth. My only stipulation is to NOT overpay.!!!

Salute the nation

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Possibly but I'm concerned if he can stay healthy.
Of course, rotationally with being on the field less I would think that might lessen that possibility. Maybe...

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Tackle, defensive line, cornerback, inside linebacker, slot receiver all probably take priority. They aren't going to get a quality backup unless they use a day 1 or 2 pick, which I don't believe they'll do. Give me a cheap veteran backup.
I wouldn’t be so sure. The cheap veteran backup didn’t work out so well last year. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Steelers used any of their first three picks on an edge player and went with a rotation system.

SteveA

Reaction score
Bring back DEEBO while you're at it...

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be so sure. The cheap veteran backup didn’t work out so well last year. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Steelers used any of their first three picks on an edge player and went with a rotation system.
I only think they go that direction if they plan on letting Highsmith move on.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I only think they go that direction if they plan on letting Highsmith move on.
That’s another part of the consideration of drafting an edge player. It might be hard to keep Highsmith if he continues to improve.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
But as a rotational piece is better than any depth we had in awhile.
My thoughts exactly. They need depth around the defense, if he’s willing to accept that role and appropriate pay for a role player, welcome back Bud Dupree. If he doesn’t, then it wasn’t meant to be.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
You really just sold him as a starter and getting a big money contract, lol.
IKR? Other teams with a need for a starting EDGE would look past the injuries to try to nab him on potential. We just have 2 players way better than him, and also better than Ingram who started for another team this year. Just comes down to need and desperation.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
IKR? Other teams with a need for a starting EDGE would look past the injuries to try to nab him on potential. We just have 2 players way better than him, and also better than Ingram who started for another team this year. Just comes down to need and desperation.

With what we have invested in edge, currently and potentially (Highsmith), Bud is not going to come here for “vet minimum”.

Someone will offer him more than we “smart-wise” can afford, and can’t blame him for taking the $$$denar$$$ and running.

Would love to have him for depth but also have a budget to deal with.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I never hated Durpee (as Coochie affectionately named him). I think I'd welcome him back w/ a cap friendly deal as a backup...

NO SIR, that wasn’t Coolie, it was Coolie’s brother…………..Cooooooch. He initially misspelled Dupree (Durpee) and everyone here kept spelling it that way so as to keep Coach thinking he was right. It took a bit, but eventually he realized the miss-spelling and tried to play it off as he was playing along.

Coolie deserves a lot of credit for a lot of dumb-****-ing things but NOT this one !!!!!

EDIT: I misread berm’s statement, I thought it was Coolie, then saw Coochie. EASY mistake……to confuse the two…………… (Just kidding Coolie)

Salute the nation

Last edited:

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
NO SIR, that wasn’t Coolie, it was Coolie’s brother…………..Cooooooch. He initially misspelled Dupree (Durpee) and everyone here kept spelling it that way so as to keep Coach thinking he was right. It took a bit, but eventually he realized the miss-spelling and tried to play it off as he was playing along.

Coolie deserves a lot of credit for a lot of dumb-****-ing things but NOT this one !!!!!

EDIT: I misread berm’s statement, I thought it was Coolie, then saw Coochie. EASY mistake……to confuse the two…………… (Just kidding Coolie)

Salute the nation
I was just going to ask if you been sippin' on the purple urple???

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I was just going to ask if you been sippin' on the purple urple???

Might have to increase my Peyote intake…………………. Prepare for spirit world experiences being shared………..

Now BizZarO world is a whole different ball game……….

Salute the nation

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I would guess he gets a 4-6 million dollar contract annually. Maybe only 1 or 2 years but I just don't see the Steelers signing a 3rd edge rusher for that when they want to lock Highsmith up long term.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I'm betting the setup and opportunity is more important then the 3, 4 or 5 million. He is probably trying to get one more good payday like Larry O was last year.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Bud isn’t going to get another big contract. Whatever he signs for next year is probably the max he ever gets. He’s a 4 or 5 sack guy and might get 400-450 snaps a season. He cashed in on one year removed from his best season when he dealt with single blocking opposite Watt. Teams will pay for a guy who can get you 5 sacks a year but they won’t break the bank. I also doubt he signs before the draft. Team who weren’t able to fill their pass rush hole then might turn their attention to the aging veteran but not before.