• Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Butler called out Devin Bush

Gildong Sack

Reaction score

Moats RARELY says anything bad about any player....for him to call out Bush like this means Bush has been playing like *** as we all commented about in the last game thread.
Moats has a great podcast, but Deke the guy beside him is a complete Ben nut hugger...not just a fan like us but totally in love with and delusional about Ben's abilities at this point. I've been watching them for a while so just warning you guys about DEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!( that's how Arthur says it):LOL: The talk about Bush starts at1:35

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
With Tuitt and Aluala he would look far better than he does and have more confidence. He isn't ever going to be the kind of backer who will easily shed tackle and still make the play. He is a very system dependent LB who needs help from the line and he isn't getting it. That doesn't downplay his lack of aggression and regression in coverage. Those are entirely on him. I am just saying the system as designed for him is lacking the needed horses upfront due to injury and we don't have the type of LB that can play both coverage, contain and still fight off blocks. Not one. I would hazard to guess if Tuitt and Alualu were playing we are not having this conversation and he is looking far better.
I would hazard to guess that his own coaches wouldn't be calling Bush out if they thought that the absence of Tuitt and Alualu were causing his issues.

And nobody drafts "a very system dependent LB" with the tenth overall pick in the draft. Nobody.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Spillane is better.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I would hazard to guess that his own coaches wouldn't be calling Bush out if they thought that the absence of Tuitt and Alualu were causing his issues.

And nobody drafts "a very system dependent LB" with the tenth overall pick in the draft. Nobody.
I said they are a contributing factor. And yes people do. We did.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Not that it is part of the conversation, but I used the word Dadgum growing up. Still use it around friends. but I dont think I would use it in an interview
I guess he could have said he really needs to run to the goddamn ball but probably wasn't happening.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
i heard former Eagles LB Seth Joyner on the radio in Philly talking about some of the Eagles making mistakes and he had a brilliant quote that applies to the steelers as well. Paraphrasing, he said

This far into the season, what happens on the field is either being taught or being tolerated.

That's it right there. Either the coaches are teaching it wrong or they are allowing guys to make mistakes without consequences.

You think of the Pats and people saying they are crazy when they get rid of a LB like Jamie Collins who was a pro bowler at the time. But he was also making mistakes so they got rid of him. The defense didn't miss a beat because you are better off with a less talented player doing it right than a talented player that makes a big play and then gives up a TD.

With as soft as Bush plays, you would be better off just playing Spillane in run situations and a DB on passing downs.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Calling him out and putting him on the bench for a game or two are two different things. They really should use Spillane more in the next couple of games and see how things go. If it's mental with Bush (which part is and part is him still getting back physically), sitting him may ignite that fire.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Butler obviously not happy with Bush's play. Sooo,,, he is either tolerating it or he is being cowed into playing him.. Because.... well hes Tomlins first round draft pick whom we traded up to get.
Yep. Tomlin's guy.....so he gets tp play. As I am sure it happens with other teams/HCs.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Our scouting team missed badly on this kid.

They (Tomlin included) were enamored with his speed and agility, and forgot that in the NFL you also need physicality and size, especially for the men that play inside the hash marks..

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Dirty Red was better too. And how bad must Buddy Johnson suck to not get any playing time?
Tyler isn't a starter in this league, otherwise he'd have more than 1 in 6 years. Buddy isn't even active on game days and has to play past UG3 and Marcus Allen first.

alancac98

Reaction score
Our scouting team missed badly on this kid.

They (Tomlin included) were enamored with his speed and agility, and forgot that in the NFL you also need physicality and size, especially for the men that play inside the hash marks..
Yep, Tomlin has replaced Al Davis! Davis was always enamored with athletesism and speed! Tomlin loves his "athletes" not "football" players!

Stewey

Reaction score
I think most were excited when we drafted Bush. I think most of his problems are mental. He seems very immature and not dedicated. Lazy pursuit and not running to the ball have nothing to do with his knee. Look at how Heyward chased down Herbert (the gut punch play) I don't see Bush making that kind of effort. Giving max effort and just being slow is one thing but coaches and other players can see he is simply lacking effort. Unless he makes a huge turnaround i wouldn't be shocked if he was cut next year.

I don't think Bush is immature and not dedicated. I believe Jarvis Jones was dedicated. It's just a matter of neither having the talent.
A bum knee could very well appear he's lazy and not running to the ball, but then he shouldn't be playing if that's the case.

But like Jarvis Jones, you got to at least appreciate the guys availability lol.

Wait....never mind, I'd rather Bush not be available because Spillane is.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not that it is part of the conversation, but I used the word Dadgum growing up. Still use it around friends. but I dont think I would use it in an interview

Blitz, you need to toughen up. Don't live in your fears as interviews are for sure fire / non-circle talking / decisive to the point / participants..............................

Dadgum it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Coach Tomlin reads this forum and uses the word it will be not in mock but to show you he does not live in your fears..!

Salute the nation

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't think Bush is immature and not dedicated. I believe Jarvis Jones was dedicated. It's just a matter of neither having the talent.
A bum knee could very well appear he's lazy and not running to the ball, but then he shouldn't be playing if that's the case.
Bring in the wrong position and giving zero effort to not take on blockers has nothing to do with a bad knee. Butler’s comments indicate it’s the effort (or lack of effort) put in by Bush Monday-Saturday.

Steeltime

KP8 for number 7
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bring in the wrong position and giving zero effort to not take on blockers has nothing to do with a bad knee. Butler’s comments indicate it’s the effort (or lack of effort) put in by Bush Monday-Saturday.

You underestimate Bush, SF448. He also fails on Sundays. A 7-day per week kinda guy.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
This is not exaggeration. I cannot believe Devin Bush can go to film. He stands 5 yards from the line of scrimmage nd literally doesn't get any closer. He either runs up to the pile, runs right at the block or whiffs if he is unblocked. Heyward should walk up to him and get in his face. Wtf are you doing.

Stewey

Reaction score

Funny I didn't read that in the links posted.
Butler did give him credit for working hard toward his recovery.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Chris Hoke on the post-game show: “with Devin Bush on the field you’re playing with 10 players on defense.”
Well at least someone said it. I realize Splillane was injured but if a former player says that and you don't do something real. How do you look at the other guys.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I said they are a contributing factor. And yes people do. We did.
Uh, no. You said that we wouldn't even be having this conversation about how bad Bush is, if Alualu and Tuitt were playing. That's more than a contributing factor.

Bush isn't a system-dependent linebacker. He just isn't very good. And if the Steelers somehow hold your belief, and drafted him with the tenth pick as a linebacker who needs help from the line, well, gee...I guess they're paying the price for that stupidity right about now.