• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Butler called out Devin Bush

Chicoman

Reaction score
Devin Bush is a Defensive version of Jamarcus Russell. NO HEART! NO PASSION! NO BRAINS!

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
This Bush needs trimmed from the roster, at first you may be excited around Bush, but then you realize this Bush isn't that good and is washed up.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Uh, no. You said that we wouldn't even be having this conversation about how bad Bush is, if Alualu and Tuitt were playing. That's more than a contributing factor.

Bush isn't a system-dependent linebacker. He just isn't very good. And if the Steelers somehow hold your belief, and drafted him with the tenth pick as a linebacker who needs help from the line, well, gee...I guess they're paying the price for that stupidity right about now.
No THey would help make him and the defense as a whole look better and we would not be quite so angsty about him as he tries to get back to at least where he was. Them being gone does two things, one it directly impacts his performance and exposes his lack of block shedding, two it makes it more likely he has to make the play again accentuating the visible problems. I not saying he would be great if they were here but it would change the nature of the conversation as he wouldn't be such glaringly obvious hole as the defense works better around him.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
They need to CUT Bush. Period

MB47

Reaction score
Funny how all of the players Tomlin falls in love with are mental midgets. Not just the 1st rounders, but think about people like Antwon Blake.
I guess it takes one to know one.

6Rings

Reaction score
Steelers are a complete joke. Let me make decisions on who starts weekly. I would rather lose with a hungry practice squad guy that gives effort every play than some name brand player that is worthless. No one fears their job on this team. They are soft..

xjx

Reaction score
Softer than Charmin.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Steelers are a complete joke. Let me make decisions on who starts weekly. I would rather lose with a hungry practice squad guy that gives effort every play than some name brand player that is worthless. No one fears their job on this team. They are soft..

I'll take heart and 100% effort and commitment over lazy talent anyday.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yeah From what I saw today this is more than ability or injury. He was all but jaking it today. I think he wasn't really trying all out.

MB47

Reaction score
Problem is Bush is not that talented and has no heart. It is not an either or.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
i always hear this rationalization that Bush needs the DL to keep him clean to make tackles. Sure that would make his job easier but it seems to me if you could keep the ILB clean, you could plug in quite a few guys and be successful. If i'm spending a top 10 pick, that guy better be able to fight through blocks.

i do think Tomlin puts far too little emphasis on football smarts.

MB47

Reaction score
Tomlin has no football smarts and can't identify them in others.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
No THey would help make him and the defense as a whole look better and we would not be quite so angsty about him as he tries to get back to at least where he was. Them being gone does two things, one it directly impacts his performance and exposes his lack of block shedding, two it makes it more likely he has to make the play again accentuating the visible problems. I not saying he would be great if they were here but it would change the nature of the conversation as he wouldn't be such glaringly obvious hole as the defense works better around him.
To have any degree of success, you need a playmaker at inside linebacker. At the very least, you need a solid tackler. Bush is neither, no matter who he plays with.

The Steelers should consider bringing back Ernie Holmes and LC Greenwood, maybe that'll help your boy reach his full potential.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Bush's arms are literally too short to wrap up many ballcarriers. That's why he usually just tries to deliver a hit and with him being small, the runner sometimes just bounces off and keeps going.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bush's arms are literally too short to wrap up many ballcarriers. That's why he usually just tries to deliver a hit and with him being small, the runner sometimes just bounces off and keeps going.

I thought this was an add for the ENERGIZER BUNNY,................... then I saw the Bush.

Salute the nation

MB47

Reaction score
Yet our brain trust traded up and wasted draft picks for the midget.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Pretty sure the whole thing will come to a head this week. The video of him on the PAT says everything. You cannot have a guy like that on your team. He clearly wants out.

I'd let anyone go who wasn't giving 100% on the field. That's your job. You can't win with a bunch of half ***** collecting checks.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd let anyone go who wasn't giving 100% on the field. That's your job. You can't win with a bunch of half ***** collecting checks.
I would bench him. A lot invested to just kick him to the curb. Will he improve? Wait and see and if nothing else trade him later on down the road.

MB47

Reaction score
Yet Jackson is 37-10 as a starter and is on pace to throw for 4,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards . Money well spent