• Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Butler called out Devin Bush

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

To me, it seems as though his entire focus this play is on getting to an already engaged blocker and engaging with HIM. At no point does he make an actual effort to make a play on Mixon. Yes, he arm swipes him, literally half-assed as Mixon goes by, but it looks as though Bush's actual intent was to engage the blocker.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
This is coming from a Michigan fan who loved the pick and bought his daughter a Bush jersey last Christmas.

This guy isn't Steeler material. I know he's missed time due to injury and might not be back to 100% but his effort and attention to detail is sorely lacking. No excuse for that.
What did you love about the pick at the time? What made Bush great in your eyes while he was at Michigan? Just curious.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
What did you love about the pick at the time? What made Bush great in your eyes while he was at Michigan? Just curious.
I don't /didn't watch enough college football to have a direct opinion. I will say this. I wanted him and liked the pick. He was highly regarded and mostly I have faith in the FO when it comes to a pick. Especially when they moved up for it. I wouldn't cut him or trade him, but I'd sit him virtually for anyone and I'm not picking up his option. He comes to camp next year, if he sucks then cut or trade for nothing. If somehow he is good next year you have options with the tag.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't /didn't watch enough college football to have a direct opinion. I will say this. I wanted him and liked the pick. He was highly regarded and mostly I have faith in the FO when it comes to a pick. Especially when they moved up for it. I wouldn't cut him or trade him, but I'd sit him virtually for anyone and I'm not picking up his option. He comes to camp next year, if he sucks then cut or trade for nothing. If somehow he is good next year you have options with the tag.
I was just wondering what Phinnster saw in him, as a fan of Michigan, and having watched Bush much more closely than the rest of us.

Phinnster

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

He looked superfast in college, always around the ball, good tackler.

I figured his speed was a good fit for todays NFL with so many teams featuring the tight end, he would be good in coverage and sideline to sideline.

He came out as a junior and was the second fastest LB at the combine. My hopes were he'd retain his quickness, fill out a bit more and mature as he grew older.

Now I'm thinking he was just a product of a good college defense overall where he had lots of help.

Maybe he's not 100% yet, going through a bad stretch and will turn it around, I just don't see it. He doesn't look that fast anymore and seems disinterested.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
He looked superfast in college, always around the ball, good tackler.

I figured his speed was a good fit for todays NFL with so many teams featuring the tight end, he would be good in coverage and sideline to sideline.

He came out as a junior and was the second fastest LB at the combine. My hopes were he'd retain his quickness, fill out a bit more and mature as he grew older.

Now I'm thinking he was just a product of a good college defense overall where he had lots of help.

Maybe he's not 100% yet, going through a bad stretch and will turn it around, I just don't see it. He doesn't look that fast anymore and seems disinterested.
That's the worst part, the lack of interest.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I was just wondering what Phinnster saw in him, as a fan of Michigan, and having watched Bush much more closely than the rest of us.
Yeah. I just wanted to he clear I fell off the bandwagon and supported the pick when they made it. I think the first I ever got skeptical was when I saw him next to the Mongo high school kid. He looked like he was 12.

MB47

Reaction score
I could give a **** about his knee or mental state. Make the effort.