• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Calling out Draft Bust Edwards

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought I read you were going to make the Steelers all sad and **** they didn't want you after this year? I thought this was your "show em" year. Here is a hint, you arrogant no talent prick, the shitshow you put on last night when Fitz wasn't there to cover your no talent *** is exactly why you're gonna be shopping for a new uni next year. If you're gonna run your ******* trap, at least back it up when you're given the chance. **** you for your ****** play last night.

Joe

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Edmunds? He was a real reach as a first rounder and he’s proving it. Maybe he can be the ILB Bush was supposed to be?

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
I think it's pretty safe to say 4 of the Steelers last 8 first round picks have been busts. Since 2013 they have picked Jarvis Jones, Artie Burns, Edmunds and Bush. For a small sample comparison....the last 5 first rounders for Cowher were Casey Hampton, Simmons, Polamalu, Roethlisberger and Heath Miller. You can miss on a first rounder once in a while but consistent whiffing kills your team.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
steve-urkel lookin' mothafucka!

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
A player drafted later in the first round who has started most of his career is not a bust whatsoever. He may be a disappointment to some but he isn't a bust at all.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Edmunds is what almost every other scouting outfit in the country thought he was -- just a guy.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Edmunds is just a guy… he isnt bad.. he doesn’t make big plays.. he is there

Bush has a lot of potential still, but until he isn’t playing like a dude who expects to break his leg off every play, he should be sat for a run stopper

What is killing us is lack of depth at dline… the injuries are burying us there

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
While not intended as a defense of Edmunds, it is unfortunate that the Steelers have insisted on playing him at safety. He would be better suited to a hybrid inside linebacker. He is a willing hitter which would provide strength against the run and he would be more suited to the coverage requirements at that spot vs being a safety.

Zack_of_Steel

Reaction score
A player drafted later in the first round who has started most of his career is not a bust whatsoever. He may be a disappointment to some but he isn't a bust at all.

By this logic Jarvis, Artie, Ziggy, etc were all not busts.

Tomlin's insistence on proving himself right and starting his ****** picks doesn't absolve them of being busts, whether they were picked later or not.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know, if you're taking a guy in the first round, it needs to be a Ben, Heath, Troy, Watt, Lloyd, etc type player, I mean it's like 32 dudes, out of all the players out there. I'm not saying I could pick em better, but I'm not paid to pick em, they are. Harris so far looks to be a great selection, for example.

Joe

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Yeah, Edmunds isn't a bad player just because he isn't a star. He was overdrafted by at least one round and looks the part of a day 2 pick. He's solid back there and is actually having--by his standards--a good season.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Edmunds? He was a real reach as a first rounder and he’s proving it. Maybe he can be the ILB Bush was supposed to be?
I’ve been saying this since I did my draft write up on him. He flourished playing LB/S hybrid at VT. But Tomlin and Co decided to try to fit the square peg in the round hole. I bet if he leaves another team uses him as a nickel backer or tampa 2 mlb. And he’s more successful

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
By this logic Jarvis, Artie, Ziggy, etc were all not busts.

Tomlin's insistence on proving himself right and starting his ****** picks doesn't absolve them of being busts, whether they were picked later or not.
Edmunds has been more productive and consistent than those two by far.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Edmunds is just a guy… he isnt bad.. he doesn’t make big plays.. he is there

Bush has a lot of potential still, but until he isn’t playing like a dude who expects to break his leg off every play, he should be sat for a run stopper

What is killing us is lack of depth at dline… the injuries are burying us there
No pass rush we get burned. We don't have the secondary to cover anyone. I want bush to be good, but I don't think he is or will be. He kinda reminds me of Dupree being physically gifted, but does not translate to the field. Plus i don't think he is the most motivated or smart player. Maybe it will click for him eventually. I don't think Edmunds is a bust, but i would say he is an above average backup.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
need to play Edmunds more in the box use him on those SS blitzes that dick used to call troy like when troy sacked carr 3 times, he has a great burst look at tape Butler and I think the blitz they used to run with troy and will Allen was called the snake blitz He can blow up backs or QB if you let him blitz. Until Tuitt comes Wormley has been inconsistent, Buggs has better size mix in Davis since he is healthy now, whoever can hold it down 1 -1 when they double cam should play more, as they just kept doubling cam last weak and 93 and Bush pushed around.

Zack_of_Steel

Reaction score
Edmunds has been more productive and consistent than those two by far.

**** that smells a bit better than some other **** is still ****.

No pass rush we get burned. We don't have the secondary to cover anyone. I want bush to be good, but I don't think he is or will be. He kinda reminds me of Dupree being physically gifted, but does not translate to the field. Plus i don't think he is the most motivated or smart player. Maybe it will click for him eventually. I don't think Edmunds is a bust, but i would say he is an above average backup.

"Above average backup" out of any first rounder is a bust...What do some of you actually think a bust is? Do you have to be ******* Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus to be a bust?

I remember being a kid and kinda thinking the org. could do no wrong, but that stopped when I was like 19 and saw us lose to Tebow in the playoffs. Some of y'all will break your back bending over to find an excuse in the dirt while having your ******* gaped.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't stand Edmunds. 100% of the snaps and 4 tackles 0PDs

Karl Joseph 20% of the snaps 2 tackles 1 PD (Breaking up a 3rd down conversion). Time for KJ to start taking snaps from Edmunds.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
While not intended as a defense of Edmunds, it is unfortunate that the Steelers have insisted on playing him at safety. He would be better suited to a hybrid inside linebacker. He is a willing hitter which would provide strength against the run and he would be more suited to the coverage requirements at that spot vs being a safety.
He might be a willing hitter, but he doesn’t tackle for ****. Just hit for the highlights.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Edmonds is the product of being drafted way higher than he should have. If he was a third rounder we'd be okay with his production as a starter. He's just always a step too slow or behind.
He is a less smart but slightly faster brent alexander. Coaches get enthralled by players sometimes… you see tomlin bring in a plethora of failed first round picks that we heavily scouted trying to rehab them and it rarely works.. at leat it looks like they will cut bait on him and not reup him for a fifth season

I don’t think he is bad, but safety play drives a lot of the 3/4

The the nt or dt in the center is the lynchpin

The olbs force the pressure needed for tge scheme to work or tgey draw blocking away from others

The safeties are tge key guys that capitalize on errors forced by the pressure

We need a better guy than edmunds so teams don’t simple shy from Fitzpatrick and target his area