• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Camp and Steelers news 7-22-21

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Per reports BigDot is out a few days with a tweak. Covid games unable to be rescheduled - both sides will forfeit salaries. Green will start at C preseason game1. Ditto Brooks at nickle if I remember correctly.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Roethlisberger appeared frustrated by a sensational diving pick by slot corner Antoine Brooks, but Ben said he was just amazed and was complimenting Mike Hilton’s heir apparent to coaches. - per Jim Wexell

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
The NFL just informed clubs that if a game cannot be rescheduled during the 18-week season in 2021 due to a COVID outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak will FORFEIT and be credited with a loss for playoff seeding, per sources.

Massive implications. - per Tom Pilesaro (spell check)

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
The NFL just informed clubs that if a game cannot be rescheduled during the 18-week season in 2021 due to a COVID outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak will FORFEIT and be credited with a loss for playoff seeding, per sources.

Read something about this earlier. The real ****** part is that BOTH teams forfeit a game check. So, a player could end up losing hundreds of thousands of dollars because some team (Let's say Baltimore) has a bunch of stupid, nasty players ... or even a few. Heyward better sit Haskins down and have a long talk with him about strip clubs and how it's better to stay at home with Rocky..err, I mean his wife!

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score

So, a noted by Matt Marczi over at the Depot, this would indicate that both Bush and Banner are ready to go at the beginning of camp and that everyone passed their conditioning test (Although I wonder if Big Dot got hurt during his).

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score

Hello Ravens!!! Looking at YOU

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It's nice to know the rules going into this season instead of them being made up as we went along. We lost by last year's rules, I wonder how we will fair to this year's rules.

As for the players losing money, game checks, now that will hurt them where they will listen. Unfortunately the innocent team suffers as well. I guess that puts more peer pressure on but still not very fair to the adhearing team who take pride in thier protocol and internal rules and keeping them from having outbreaks. It's like being rewarded with nothing for doing all the work. **** BALTIMORE & TENNESSEE

I hope our team plays all games and take this very seriously, no derailments for #7 and winning #7 SB.

Salute the nation

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers are one of the most vaccinated teams so hopefully we won't have issues with the unvaccinated players and have to forfeit a game. Losing a game check is one thing but taking a loss on your record is worse for the team.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Read something about this earlier. The real ****** part is that BOTH teams forfeit a game check. So, a player could end up losing hundreds of thousands of dollars because some team (Let's say Baltimore) has a bunch of stupid, nasty players ... or even a few. Heyward better sit Haskins down and have a long talk with him about strip clubs and how it's better to stay at home with Rocky..err, I mean his wife!
Has Heyward ever sat anyone down? Why does everyone think he is some vocal team leader? Apparently he didn't say anything to AB or Bell. Throw JuJu in there also. Now Bush. If he did say something to them apparently it didn't hold much water.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Has Heyward ever sat anyone down? Why does everyone think he is some vocal team leader? Apparently he didn't say anything to AB or Bell. Throw JuJu in there also. Now Bush. If he did say something to them apparently it didn't hold much water.
It's an expression. Can't think of any team captain in the past that we the fans have heard about sitting anyone down. They prefer to keep those things in house. As they should..
But, if it's "**** On Cam Day", I'll bite. I don't like Cam's haircuts! Terrible. Crappy.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score

What about an outbreak of vaccinated players?

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Has Coach abducted your computer/phone???

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
yep youre not wrong .

Devin Bush ll
@_Dbush11

Jul 16

"I got mind control over Cam. He tell me to “Calm my *** down” I be calm, but when he log off…. I be talking again."

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Contact Tracing might be the bane of the clubhouse chemistry going forward.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Or he could have just been repeating a line from the movie "Friday" and trying to be funny.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I can only assume the "new" rules will either work out to **** the Steelers, or they'll be bent as necessary to ensure the Ravens can remain as competitive as possible.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
What about an outbreak of vaccinated players?
I would assume that would be last year's outcome. Try to reschedule. But I think they think that won't be the case , that the unvaccinated will be the reason...

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It's an expression. Can't think of any team captain in the past that we the fans have heard about sitting anyone down. They prefer to keep those things in house. As they should..
But, if it's "**** On Cam Day", I'll bite. I don't like Cam's haircuts! Terrible. Crappy.

I don't mind his hair cuts but his sack dance, or lack there of, is what's bothersome to me............. Also that he is so factual in his verbality.

Salute the nation

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

You ask any true PIT beat writer who is in the locker room interviewing players and they will all tell you, off the record, Cam is the defacto veteran defensive team leader on that squad. Pouncey and Ben were the offense. Foster was too as the team union chief. As Buckeye said; the players handle their own internally and it doesn’t leave the locker room. Unless, Richard Huntley is in there throwing chairs.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
You ask any true PIT beat writer who is in the locker room interviewing players and they will all tell you, off the record, Cam is the defacto veteran defensive team leader on that squad. Pouncey and Ben were the offense. Foster was too as the team union chief. As Buckeye said; the players handle their own internally and it doesn’t leave the locker room. Unless, Richard Huntley is in there throwing chairs.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Contact Tracing might be the bane of the clubhouse chemistry going forward.

So some of the players may have to actually admit to some of the girls they've "been around"...............................

ala Bell's dancing "club" beauty

Salute the nation

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So some of the players may have to actually admit to some of the girls they've "been around"...............................

ala Bell's dancing "club" beauty

Salute the nation