• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Camp Darling

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Anyone at camp last couple days. Name that keeps coming up is Chris Steele. Who I believe was the biggest name UFA they picked up. Any others?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone at camp last couple days. Name that keeps coming up is Chris Steele. Who I believe was the biggest name UFA they picked up. Any others?
Pickens, a bigger name but he is out there making plays. My much way too early prediction is he will be the Steelers OROY.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Pickens, a bigger name but he is out there making plays. My much way too early prediction is he will be the Steelers OROY.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Austin will only be used in certain role plays whereas Pickens will be out there a lot more on many different plays. The more plays the more opportunity he will have to be successful.

DJ / Claypool / Pickens will be a dynamic trio when all on the field at once, then add Najee & Austin in the backfield with both on flare / flat patterns. Those are matchups we will take all day.!

Salute the nation

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Reaction score
In most of the draft mags, Pickett, Pickens, and Leal all had first round grades on them… in a few like athelon, Pickett and Leal were the top rated guys in their positions, and Pickens was almost universally touted as a guy who could have been the top wr if the injury factor wasn’t in play

steelhurt

Reaction score
Slash I wonder how Pickens managed to slip to us in the second round? Of course I’m glad he did but just think it curious. The guy has the size, speed, hands, played for the number one ranked college team. I suppose the injury jeopardized his opportunity to be a first round pick. Injuries don’t diminish a kids talent though.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Slash I wonder how Pickens managed to slip to us in the second round? Of course I’m glad he did but just think it curious. The guy has the size, speed, hands, played for the number one ranked college team. I suppose the injury jeopardized his opportunity to be a first round pick. Injuries don’t diminish a kids talent though.
I'll help here...

I watched Pickens play in the SEC on Saturday's quite a bit. Again, he doesn't have the top-end gear that Jameson Williams has but his ball-tracking and catching is top notch.

Berm's rankings pre-draft and after are:

1. Jameson Williams
2. Christian Olave
3. George Pickens

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
My pick for the break out guy is “big Saucy” tayland Humphrey. He’s going to make the Steelers roster, probably practice squad at first, but he’s are going to be a star I can just feel it! something about big saucy that is pure Steelers: big, mean, and saucy!!!

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
My camp darling is now Jake Dixon. The division 3 o lineman from Duquesne.

Given our sorry offensive line. Any o lineman who can beat down a defensive lineman to the point that it triggers his adult brother to run on to the field from the sidelines, and blind side cheapshot him , and fight,. That's a guy I can get behind and cheer for.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My camp darling is now Jake Dixon. The division 3 o lineman from Duquesne.

Given our sorry offensive line. Any o lineman who can beat down a defensive lineman to the point that it triggers his adult brother to run on to the field from the sidelines, and blind side cheapshot him , and fight,. That's a guy I can get behind and cheer for.

****-iN AAaaaaaaa................. we need some nasty. Didn't see much "nasty" out of the OL last year so maybe a year under their belt and some exposure even if from thier own teammate might go a long way.

I'll be rootong for the kid just on your story alone........ good post B & G Bleeder

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
He reminds me of AJ Green, he can only hope to have that solid career. The injury bug really derailed what could have been draft stock wise. As that caused his production to obviously suffer in unison.

So the big question on the young man is can he hold up and stay healthy. That is the biggest reason he dropped. Some minor character questions too. But his want to to get back on that field late in the year instead of playing it safe coming off a significant injury screamed team player to the Steelers.

I think if he stays healthy there is going to be a lot of happy fans.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He reminds me of AJ Green, he can only hope to have that solid career. The injury bug really derailed what could have been draft stock wise. As that caused his production to obviously suffer in unison.

So the big question on the young man is can he hold up and stay healthy. That is the biggest reason he dropped. Some minor character questions too. But his want to to get back on that field late in the year instead of playing it safe coming off a significant injury screamed team player to the Steelers.

Great Post slash and thank you

I might add my 2-cents but I'm a little concerned about O'Canada's offense holding some players back. I think Pickens can operate in tight spaces but he is much better with a little room to rome. If O'Canada is calling the short **** it will hold back some of the players similar to last year.

Year two and the OC should be able to open things up some and let these players thrive.

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Add in he will smack some db’s around too. Not just route running but physical wise. A lot of db’s will not be used to getting manhandled. Pickens is a physical guy and is not afraid to rough up a db

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not confident in Canada's offense. Keep your excuses. No opponent feared our offense last year.

In my mind, that's the biggest ? on the team.

Salute the nation

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
DJ / Claypool / Pickens will be a dynamic trio when all on the field at once, then add Najee & Austin in the backfield with both on flare / flat patterns. Those are matchups we will take all day.!

Salute the nation
You forgot Muth. We have some legit weapons. If the O line and QB positions even show up at a B grade or better, we roll.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
You forgot Muth. We have some legit weapons. If the O line and QB positions even show up at a B grade or better, we roll.
From an early take, I would like to see the QBs clean up some of those INTs moving forward. That could derail a season quickly if it becomes habitually an issue.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
From an early take, I would like to see the QBs clean up some of those INTs moving forward. That could derail a season quickly if it becomes habitually an issue.
Will be interesting how the preseason is managed. It is only a legit competition if reasonable participants play with first team.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Fully agree but friday I renued my driver's liscence and the new PIC was totally shocking so I guess I was still near unconsious when I wrote that.

MUTH is huge and you've got Gentry showing a little something as well.......... Radar has upped his game too.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Will be interesting how the preseason is managed. It is only a legit competition if reasonable participants play with first team.
Yeah hard to get continuity I think divvying up reps between three players when you are looking for one of them to lead the pack. I think before preseason they should decide the top two and feed them more reps and the third option less.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yeah hard to get continuity I think divvying up reps between three players when you are looking for one of them to lead the pack. I think before preseason they should decide the top two and feed them more reps and the third option less.
So far from what I've heard KP isn't ready. So let Rudolph and Trubisky fight out who is one in pre season. Both should get first team looks unless one clearly takes it in practice.