• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Can we please stop with the chicks running the pregame show?

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate women playing in the football sandbox. They did not grow up playing football, they did not grow up watching football, and they are not qualified to talk about it. It's fake as a hell and just stop it.

xjx

Reaction score
Most of the time they speak clearly and are pleasant to see. I despise show hosts or guests that use "street talk" , slang, and are sloppy speakers. Many former athletes have poor speaking skills.

I usually don't listen to the pregame shows because of these shortcomings.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Most of the time they speak clearly and are pleasant to see. I despise show hosts or guests that use "street talk" , slang, and are sloppy speakers. Many former athletes have poor speaking skills.

I usually don't listen to the pregame shows because of these shortcomings.

Yes they speak clearly and affect a familiarity with the sport and it is ridiculous. Don't care. Don't want to listen to chicks trying to talk like a guy about football.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Grow up running buttonhooks, talking best running backs, practicing punting - whatever. Don't be a chick acting like you know about the game.

xjx

Reaction score
An old lady in her 70's worked in an office with many younger men. They had fantasy football going on in the office. There was $1000 grand prize to the winner of their league. The young guys thought she knew nothing and were just taking her money. She won the grand prize. They didn't know she went to UT and watched football since she was in high school. She knew more about football than they did. A funny and ironic story.

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree that they are really pushing the knowledgeable chick narrative but that's not all chicks. I've done all of the things described in the first post. I've been a steeler fanatic for 47 years. It's odd but true.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
They are no worse than the ex football players who push their agendas and are dumb as a box of rocks. For me it is just know the topic you are talking about inside and out. If they can do that I could care less if they are male or female.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yes they speak clearly and affect a familiarity with the sport and it is ridiculous. Don't care. Don't want to listen to chicks trying to talk like a guy about football.
Good Morning Football gal beyond being super hot seems to know more than two of those jokers. Peter Schrager is brutal. Total clown.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
This thread needs pictures

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Kay-Adams-Feet-2370571.jpg

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Good Morning Football gal beyond being super hot seems to know more than two of those jokers. Peter Schrager is brutal. Total clown.

ugh....schrager has the most punchable face i think i've ever seen...every time i see him on the air i just wanna punch him repeatedly like a chuck norris gif

giphy.gif

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a friend that got into an argument with one of his best friends over women commentating in sports. He apparently isn't a fan and got so angry that he walked off of a golf course during an outing. His group was probably at the farthest point from the clubhouse when he reached the breaking point, so his walk off was quite the spectacle. Against the advice of his psychiatrist, we still laugh at him regarding that incident.

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Yeah, I hate women playing in the football sandbox. They did not grow up playing football, they did not grow up watching football, and they are not qualified to talk about it. It's fake as a hell and just stop it.

40% of the viewers are female. The NFL has a female ref or two. As for reporters, I'd rather they know what the heck they are talking about, but too many dudes want the hot clueless female to look at.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
40% of the viewers are female. The NFL has a female ref or two. As for reporters, I'd rather they know what the heck they are talking about, but too many dudes want the hot clueless female to look at.
Those hot clueless females probably still have more of a clue than you. Let that sink in and if it doesn't YouTube it.

Spike

Reaction score

Kay is such a sweetie, we been talking on twitter for years before she got famous, I would have her baby

She knows more football than all you Pats lovers put together

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Those hot clueless females probably still have more of a clue than you. Let that sink in and if it doesn't YouTube it.

You are such a low IQ loser. Look, idiot, I probably forgot more about football than you will ever know. I played and coached. You probably did neither, outside of sandlot. I suggest you look up the term Dunning-Kruger. You fit.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
You are such a low IQ loser. Look, idiot, I probably forgot more about football than you will ever know. I played and coached. You probably did neither, outside of sandlot. I suggest you look up the term Dunning-Kruger. You fit.

Oh we forgot you are the only person on this forum who ever played and coached.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

For someone who claims to have coached you sure can't figure out football basics. Loser? I am not the one who had a month off due to being an idiot. Nobody values your opinion you window licker. What you think about anyone means little to nothing but by all means continue shining the window it looks really nice.

Steel G

Reaction score
Stop watching them then? Pregame shows are nothing but a vehicle for more advertising anyway, so I never understood what "real fans" get out of them.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They are no worse than the ex football players who push their agendas and are dumb as a box of rocks. For me it is just know the topic you are talking about inside and out. If they can do that I could care less if they are male or female.

This.

Granted, some of these girls are annoying and add little to the mix other than a feminine presence.

But these dumb meatheads that just push old hate agendas (Jones, McGhinest, Smith, Primetime...on and on) are just as unbearable. I really don't watch pregame other than Cowher anymore.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

I was just going to say, ex players with agendas are the worst thing about football pregame shows. Ex players in the announcers booth who pose as "experts" such as Dan Fouts are terrible as well.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I love the nhl pregames. The nfl ones suck.

That Kay lady is amazing.