• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Canada Out. Pickett in.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
If there isn't a change you can expect more of the same stink you saw tonight. Just substandard on both sides of the ball. Not competitive when it matters, ******* ********.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Canada needs to go. It will probably take about 3-5 more losses in a row. It's worse than last year and nobody is going to bail them out. The defense is not built to stay on the field all game either. My biggest fear of the run defense being just as bad as last year has been realized as well.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
these first three games show Ben wasn't all of the issue last season

this offense sucks

no play action

no passes over the middle until it was too late

give me some madden phenom calling plays

Nope Canada sucks ***. He has no feel for an NFL game plan. The team has to be competitive for four quarters to even have a chance at victory. I never for one second felt the Steelers were in a good position to win.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
when they had it 1st and 5 and then 2nd and 1...those were times to go deep

3rd and 3.....not so much.....even though the pass was there and DJ dropped it
I'm sure he scored well on his entry interview which included Madden 2005 against MT. Deuce takes that **** seriously when interviewing new coaching talent, let me tell yinz

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if Ben hosts a big party every time we play.

Reactions: RDB

6Rings

Reaction score
It's sad how easy it is for me to turn the channel on the Steelers. Once upon a time it would never happen, no matter what. That **** is not worth occupying any of my time. I already know what is going to happen. There is not a team in the league that they should be favored against.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
It's sad how easy it is for me to turn the channel on the Steelers. Once upon a time it would never happen, no matter what. That **** is not worth occupying any of my time. I already know what is going to happen. There is not a team in the league that they should be favored against.
it is sad that you would admit to being a little front runner fan

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
i doubt that.
I only agree because we would still have the dumbest ******* OC in the NFL, and a defense that cannot stop the run and a secondary that can’t cover themselves with a blanket. This team descended so far that even Ben couldn’t cover all of the warts any longer.

steelreeling

Reaction score
...It's worse than last year

My biggest fear of the run defense being just as bad as last year...

Quite an accomplishment as a coaching staff to suck as hard as last year on both sides of the line, but they did it. i was shocked but: Alualu got old. He's old now. He had a real bad game last week and this week, while he wasn't manhandled, Alualu was washed out without double-teams. To "fix" the defense, the Steelers need to get a dominant 3-4 NT. (if one exists)

Just like last year, Canada will not relent on the dink & dunk bullshit on the outside. He flat-out refuses to use the middle of the field despite having the route running and catching radius the receivers have!??

is it gonna be until Week 6 when we see a game where Muth and Pickens catch multiple passes in the middle of the field? Does anyone on the coaching staff realize that the receivers are just not quick enough to be a realistic threat on the outside?

They do have tremendous talent at receiver that could threaten the defense even more on the inside!

steelreeling

Reaction score
I only agree because we would still have the dumbest ******* OC in the NFL, and a defense that cannot stop the run and a secondary that can’t cover themselves with a blanket. This team descended so far that even Ben couldn’t cover all of the warts any longer.
Steelers' DBs are ***-kickin. They cover well. But they cannot cover the box for run AND cover every zone for routes. it's impossible. And at some point, cracks start appearing. The safeties and DBs have to cover up for the LBers close to the line, then one TE/WR sneaks away and that's what we saw tonight. Cannot help that really. it's gonna happen in the 3-4.

To fix the defense they need 1 player. A guy that will shift the whole damn thing from playing the run and your coverage with inside leverage from bottom to top all the way over to playing both run & pass without outside leverage exclusively while keeping everything in front of you playing from top on downwards.

With a dominant NT, the Steelers LBers & whole defense would start taking over games. Until then Minkah and crew are trying to play catch up all day long.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I have no problem with Pickett playing but unless he can stop the run. Block for the run. Call the plays. I don't see it going well.