• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Can't do anything .................

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
for these talking heads

Colin doesn't think we proved anything. He may be right but why can't there ever be a positive take on outcome when it involves the STEELERS from this AzZhaT ?

Who do you listen to or DON"T listen too..........................................

Aditi is someone with character and can trust

Adam is a tool who says as much to get hits as he will sacrifice truth

Sims is pretty anti-steeler

Snoopdog.......................who gives a **** on anything him

These are just a few examples

Who do you like out there and seems to be ruthful and accurate.......... ?

Salute the nation

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Can't stand Madden. He will always find a way to put a negative spin on a positive outcome. And lord help us if that bloviating, grinch that stole Christmas wannabe, actually gets his wish and the result is negative. Because then you're in for a **** ton of "pat myself on the back", "I told you so", "you should give up on (insert Pittsburgh sports team) now" bullshit.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Who do you listen to or DON"T listen too..........................................

I don't listen to any of them anymore.

I do still enjoy Chris Berman, but they've reduced his television content to three minutes during halftime of the Monday night game.

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
The herder of cows always speaks against Pittsburgh because he knows it will draw attention. He doesn't care if the attention is good or bad, as long as people are paying attention to him.

Last edited:

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
The herder of cows always speaks against Pittsburgh because he knows it will draw attention. Like Donald Trump, he doesn't care if the attention is good or bad, as long as people are paying attention to him.
keep politics out of this forum

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't stand Madden. He will always find a way to put a negative spin on a positive outcome. And lord help us if that bloviating, grinch that stole Christmas wannabe, actually gets his wish and the result is negative. Because then you're in for a **** ton of "pat myself on the back", "I told you so", "you should give up on (insert Pittsburgh sports team) now" bullshit.

I haven't listened to madden in so long I actually had forgotten about him. I'm in your boat on that topic. They are all after the hits.

Like journalism, the football analysist (talking head) has strayed away from actual,..... you know, ...... analizing football. Remeber teddy bruski (spell) how roided up he was while playing then he retired and got talking head job....... he was roided up at the very start of that gig and ****..... you could hardly understand him and it was all rah rah teddy and his ******* cheaters.... ONLY problem was neither team playing was the cheaters....... Just an example of tha many talking heads that have paraded through but couldn't do their jobs.

Hard to beat a Myron Cope or a Tunch Ilkin but ****....... no one even close these days.

Salute the nation

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
The herder of cows always speaks against Pittsburgh because he knows it will draw attention. He doesn't care if the attention is good or bad, as long as people are paying attention to him.

This.

Nothing generates hits and clicks like a talking head talking ill on a winning Steeler Nation team.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
If i listen to Madden it’s mostly to hear him belittle the idiots who call in… entertainment through and through… that is a radio personality, not a person.

most sports talk is garbage these days… Stan, guy… miss the show….

does anyone listen to The Fan? Seriously i think a third of the guys on there wouldn’t last 15 minutes in a heated debate here… and so many bad takes lol… for every one that really makes me think, wow, that’s some great insight.” There are five that I am sure have to be either straight intentionally bad to drive conversation or biased or just shortsighted and dumb… also there are a good number of discussions that i see on this or other sites days in advance that show up in the media almost verbatim later….

i guess it probably is hard to keep people interested 24/7 with fresh takes… but man i miss 90’s sports talk

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
And that's it, I mean other than their fans. Who nationwide cares about the Falcons, Vikings. Texans, Chargers etc...

Talk about the Steelers, Cowboys, Patriots and a few others. Your gonna get a reaction. For as many fans that the Steelers have throughout the country, there's allot more who love to see us fall on our face just because we've had a history of success and a large contingent of proud fans.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
One of my favorite current analysts is a Steve Smith (not Steven A, the fiesty little dude from Car)...seems straight and to the point without much homerism and brutally honest and tells it like a former player with inside knowledge of the game.

Always hated when we had to play him, but pretty solid on his football insight.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
not trying to be a homer.. BUt Mark Malone and Merrill Hodge were awesome compared to skip and shannnon.. Or anyone on ESPN now.

You can be a homer because those two were great.!!!

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You said it.. Watched Stan and Guy all the time back in the day. Enjoyed listening to Mike and Mike before the show turned political. So now I just listen to music and drink rum.

True staement and great passtime !!!!

Salute the nation

Reactions: JMM

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
for these talking heads

Colin doesn't think we proved anything. He may be right but why can't there ever be a positive take on outcome when it involves the STEELERS from this AzZhaT ?

Aditi is someone with character and can trust

Adam is a tool who says as much to get hits as he will sacrifice truth

Sims is pretty anti-steeler

Snoopdog.......................who gives a **** on anything him

These are just a few examples

Salute the nation
There's this guy G Stryker....

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Who cares. I'd rather they pile on every week with negative ****.

The endings of a good many seasons in row have been bad,horrible and horrific.

They're going to get **** until they change that long trend.