• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

CB injury with draft impact

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
OK so if he is the best Corner and he will be ready by Sept. And he slides all the way do you take him. Obviously ACL MCL forget it. It says lower leg which is usually a break. That shouldn't be long.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The story was pretty vague as to injury. If knee, then he will be there in the third. We have two picks................ Remember if the story plays out as ACl / MCL then he won't be of any use rookie season. It would essentially be a 2018 pick.

Salute the nation

Salute the nation

Scott109

Reaction score
It is being reported as a torn achilles. They are waiting for an MRI to confirm. 8-12 month recovery.

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
NO thank you, we need players who can play, now.

Bad enough they are sitting on their hands in free agency, hell no on sitting on their hands and waiting for their first round pick to heal.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly. Cross him off the list. Our first and 2nd rounders must be able to play this year and hopefully start by mid-season or at least be contributing significantly (i.e. OLB that will take 25-30% of the snaps from Deebo).

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Bad luck for that kid I hope he took out insurance. That said I would be all for him with our third round comp pick if it's a season ending injury. If it's partially torn he should be back by training camp and I would be thrilled if he fell just to 30.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
If he was a potential top 15 pick and if the tape backs that up I would take a shot in the first. I agree we need players who can play now, but if Jones is a lot better than what's out there I would take him and hopefully Golson will play this year.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
We'll get a few snaps from Senquez in the preseason before he gets onto his life work as a sweat pants model.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Really sucks for him. Jones was one of the CBs I had hoped for if the top pass rushers and Howard are all gone at 1.30. I do hope he recovers and I'd gladly take a chance at him with one of our third-round picks.

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
If he slipped in the late round (4-7) it might be worth it. Certainly not worth one of our first 4 picks if he is out the whole year.