• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chase Claypool Appears to have had Surgery

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers didn’t receive the season they had hoped from receiver Chase Claypool in 2021.

Mental lapse, and unimpressive play on the field led to a disappointing season. But it could turn out to be a turning point in the young receiver’s career if he can learn from his mistakes.

On Tuesday, Claypool posted a message about his season. In that message a photo of what appears to be Claypool recovering from a potential surgery.

It is when I persevere through struggle that I strengthen. It is when challenged to my core that I learn the depth of who I am.

Year 2
✅
officially in the books
💛
🖤
pic.twitter.com/to5SYvnqyo

— Chase Claypool (@ChaseClaypool) January 26, 2022

Coach Mike Tomlin said there would be no off-season surgeries at his end of the year press conference. Obviously that was a week ago, and things can change. It will be interesting to find out what exactly happened to Claypool’s arm area.

We will surely update everyone when more details are available.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw him in a hospital bed. Looks like he had shoulder surgery or something in that area. He got beat up all year but kept coming back. He is nowhere near as bad as many make him out to be. Sure, he needs to mature and do a few other things to refine his craft but he is a physical freak, which you can't teach. He will improve going into his 3rd year and even more so going into his 4th year.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He took a HUGE step forward after his 1st down pose gaph. I think about that time the O'l GREATS of Steelers lore spoke out about the team. I also think one of them actually pulled chase aside and had a true Man to Man talk with him. His maturity will stregngthen this off-season.

As for surgery, it was said he is playing hurt so I'm sure it's a follow up of said injury. GOD speed in healing and in progressing forward in his trade.

Salute the nation

Last edited:

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Meh. While Chase's first-down thing cost a few seconds and possibly one last play, the truth is, Muth had the ball in his hands, in the EZ. The DBs made a great play and knocked it loose, but Muth had it.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't know you needed surgery to get sand out of a va-jay-jay.