• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chase Claypool Involved in Bar Altercation

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score

doesn't look like he did anything really, but still he was there and not a good look.

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers rookie stand out Chase Claypool was involved in bar altercation on March 13th according to TMZ Sports. According to their sources it started with someone throwing dollars bills at a woman inside and that eventually moved outside. Claypool was reportedly not the instigator but he did get involved in the altercation delivering a pretty hard kick to a person on the ground. The police were called but the groups had already dispersed by the time they arrived. The guy who was kicked has not pressed charges but it would not be a surprise if he does given Claypool’s stardom. This isn’t a good look for the receiver as he tries to shake the “diva” moniker he was given this offseason by local Pittsburgh news outlets.

See video below:

NFL’s Chase Claypool In Bar Fight Caught on Videohttps://t.co/5NYI7J2mFq

— TMZ Sports (@TMZ_Sports) March 24, 2021

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
looked more like he was trying to pull people off, but you know the media and everyone is going to kill the Steelers over this.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Glad I never got involved with anything like that at 22....
**** in Germany I can't count how many fights we were in. I was always sticking up for my lughead friends. I was transferred for popping one guy in the mouth after he clumsily knocked my friend off a bench then slapped him. I stood up and the guy approached me and then I approached his face in unison. He brought the politzi (spell check) and while bleeding he was like varoom varoom. (Why) I said I will show you why and hit him again.He got stitches I got extra duty and a transfer. Good times!

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Got a tooth punched out down the south side at 23 trying to keep a guy from attacking a friend of mine... offered to buy the guy a drink to settle stuff down and got sucker punched... **** happens even when you are trying to be a good guy... people are too judgmental these days... it happens

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I hear ya slash and mad....memories...

I got one for yinz...

Was in a bar in Oakland, not Cali, but the part of the Burgh where Pitts campus is.
I was in college myself at Robert Morris and Oakland had several decent hot spots that attracted female college student...if you know what I mean... ;)

Anyway, some chick hit upside my head with a beer bottle, I might of did or said something to deserve that lol...cant remember..

Some dude then proceeds to get in my face right away and we start going at it...

The next thing I know, someone from behind me put me in a bear hug and lifted me off the ground and proceeded to carry me to the exit, where he rudely threw me out into the Oakland night....

I turned around while laying on the sidewalk and it was one of the bouncers at the bar and he was a very large person with muscles on his muscles...So. I decided to just take my rude exit from the bar very calmly while trying to maintain my dignity at the same time..lol

My buddies came out to see if I was ok...and my one buddy kind of laughing said to me...

"do you know who that bouncer was that picked you up and threw you out the door was?
...That was Bill Fralic!"

The strange part of this is that Bill is no longer here to tell that story, if he would of even remembered it, but I am...

Oh the good ole days...
Life is good.

Last edited:

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't have any issues with what happened, by the time the media is done, you'd think Claypool was driving through people with a tank unfortunately.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
local PITTSBURGH media will be the hardest on his outlook. They are pretty bad at times on the STEELERS in general.

Chase may find his endorsement in question if he keeps this up unless his entitlement is to big a factor. He isn't a "Super Star" yet and can't afford derailing his career on something so simple as this. If he keeps this up he could easily find himself outside looking in but there is one fix,......... become that "super star" on the field of play and everything will be forgiven thus entrenching that titlement attitude.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't say that I didn't get involved in my fair share of fisticuffs in my 20's...just like the posters above.

The sad thing is Chase is a Steeler and we weren't - this is going to leave a mark...
No mark left unless their is a foot print on the other guy.😁

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
**** in Germany I can't count how many fights we were in. I was always sticking up for my lughead friends. I was transferred for popping one guy in the mouth after he clumsily knocked my friend off a bench then slapped him. I stood up and the guy approached me and then I approached his face in unison. He brought the politzi (spell check) and while bleeding he was like varoom varoom. (Why) I said I will show you why and hit him again.He got stitches I got extra duty and a transfer. Good times!
You and I both buddy!! It's where I earned my nickname. I was at Rhein Mein AB...the Airmens club there was a breeding ground for fist de cuffs. Good times! Where were you stationed?

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
You and I both buddy!! It's where I earned my nickname. I was at Rhein Mein AB...the Airmens club there was a breeding ground for fist de cuffs. Good times! Where were you stationed?
Oh I know...Ramstein's club was definitely where we got into it w/ all the other branches...

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
When I was in Germany the club on Rhein Main was called the Galaxy Club. True story, I won $25 on a slot machine there one night. Stuck a quarter in and it hit. Pretty awesome. They also used to have a Velcro wall. You put on this Velcro suit, take a run and jump and stick to the wall. It was stupid in retrospect, but it was fun at the time. Never got in a fight there though.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
You guys ever have any run ins with the Turks? Those ******** caused problems with US Service members everywhere. And if you fight one, you are fighting 20, so best not get caught alone.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
When I was in Germany the club on Rhein Main was called the Galaxy Club. True story, I won $25 on a slot machine there one night. Stuck a quarter in and it hit. Pretty awesome. They also used to have a Velcro wall. You put on this Velcro suit, take a run and jump and stick to the wall. It was stupid in retrospect, but it was fun at the time. Never got in a fight there though.
$25 bucks!
Wow...your a lucky man Sarge!
Rumor is you still have it. lol
:)

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Babenhausen. I also moonlighted as a DJ/bouncer in a rock bar. Some crazy times!

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
You guys ever have any run ins with the Turks? Those ******** caused problems with US Service members everywhere. And if you fight one, you are fighting 20, so best not get caught alone.
They hated us. No run ins but went in their bar by accident once. We didn't stay long. Probably a good thing. They were nasty.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
This happened maybe 2 minutes from where I was staying that weekend. The bar is affectionately called the little fight because its a small dive bar.