• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chase Claypool leads the NFL in DPI yards

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
anyone else notice how coach disappears once it is clear he is wrong again......

Hey I have work and a life outside of this forum. Also, there was something called Thanksgiving, and Black Friday.

No I do not disappear, and you're suggestion for the pro bowl was idiotic. Like usual, you don't think things through.

I have limited bandwidth to reply to everyone and don't read every post in every thread. If you want me to reply, send a PM and I will get to it.

Yet even you said Claypool deserves more targets. Stop right there, you got one right.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Topseed, while I (and others I'm sure) appreciate your fine attention to detail and football acumen -- you're dealing with a dullard. He's even admitted he doesn't watch games. So combine a dullard who's actually ignorant of the facts on the ground as well = Coach.

Hey *******, where did I every say that? I do watch the games. AS an FYI i woud not have traded up for Bush, instead would have selected M Sweat who has 6 sacks and 1 INT so far, and would be even better on the Steelers in round one. His cap number to Bud's. Yep. In round Two I would have Taken DK Metcalf. Isn't he the best deep threat in the NFL? And kept our pick for round three. Yes, I said this the day of the draft.

SO STFU on what I didn't say and focus on what I did, if that's possible for you.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Let not be dishonest Collie. DJ was hurt, yet he still leads in targets. If you haven't notice lately he's has been targeted even more often.

Yeah, I believed Johnson missed the Browns game and most or some of a couple others, so Johnson is probably closer to 12-13 targets per the games he fully played in.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Let not be dishonest Collie. DJ was hurt, yet he still leads in targets. If you haven't notice lately he's has been targeted even more often.

DJ did miss one game so he averages 9 targets per game

look at the targets each game....they show Ben has been spreading the ball around

since I know you won't do it

I pulled just the last 5 games

DJ has been targeted 55 times so 11 per game
claypool has been targeted 41 times so 8.2 per game (this includes the 1 target against the Titans where they clearly played to take him out of the game)
JuJU has been targeted 47 times so 9.4 per game

again the stats don't support the argument that DJ is being forced the ball

Last edited:

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Hey *******, where did I every say that? I do watch the games. AS an FYI i woud not have traded up for Bush, instead would have selected M Sweat who has 6 sacks and 1 INT so far, and would be even better on the Steelers in round one. His cap number to Bud's. Yep. In round Two I would have Taken DK Metcalf. Isn't he the best deep threat in the NFL? And kept our pick for round three. Yes, I said this the day of the draft.

SO STFU on what I didn't say and focus on what I did, if that's possible for you.

you have posted before that you don't watch the games. maybe you have changed since then and now watch them, but to try and say you never posted that is just not true.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
DJ did miss one game so he averages 9 targets per game

look at the targets each game....they show Ben has been spreading the ball around

I did some quick research.

Johnson did not play against the Brown, and played less than a half against both the Eagles and Texans.

He also tweaked his knee early against the Ravens. He eventually came back after a few series, but was targeted only three times.

The kid has not exactly been a pillar of durability, but he has definitely been targeted a lot more than any Steelers WRs when he plays.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
I did some quick research.

Johnson did not play against the Brown, and played less than a half against both the Eagles and Texans.

He also tweaked his knee early against the Ravens. He eventually came back after a few series, but was targeted only three times.

The kid has not exactly been a pillar of durability, but he has definitely been targeted a lot more than any Steelers WRs when he plays.

He was soft to start the season and lost the punt return job. He has shown himself to be resilient the last few games and Ben is starting to lean on him to make big plays. Juju is still our go to WR on 3rd downs but with those 3 receivers, its pick your poison. Ebron in the middle of the field has been mostly clutch as well. That leaves out Washington who is not having a bad year, he is just being overshadowed by others.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Topseed, while I (and others I'm sure) appreciate your fine attention to detail and football acumen -- you're dealing with a dullard. He's even admitted he doesn't watch games. So combine a dullard who's actually ignorant of the facts on the ground as well = Coach.

Thank you, Steelworth, nice of you to say.

I wouldn't necessarily call Coach a dullard; although he often brings the wrath of many down upon him, he makes some salient points at times. I just think he enjoys the back-and-forth banter, and therefore likes to stir the pot because it seems that most of the board is always against him, no matter what he has to say.

I have noticed that the several times I have disagreed with Coach and quoted him, he doesn't engage me directly. Maybe it's my fine attention to detail and facts, maybe he just happens to be out of bandwidth at those particular moments (lol), or maybe he's put me on ignore for some reason. Who knows? I do know he's a character, and we could use a few more of those back (guys such as Par5 or mrweneedaquarterback) to spice up the joint. Stoney is still around, so that's good.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Thank you, Steelworth, nice of you to say.

I wouldn't necessarily call Coach a dullard; although he often brings the wrath of many down upon him, he makes some salient points at times. I just think he enjoys the back-and-forth banter, and therefore likes to stir the pot because it seems that most of the board is always against him, no matter what he has to say.

I have noticed that the several times I have disagreed with Coach and quoted him, he doesn't engage me directly. Maybe it's my fine attention to detail and facts, maybe he just happens to be out of bandwidth at those particular moments (lol), or maybe he's put me on ignore for some reason. Who knows? I do know he's a character, and we could use a few more of those back (guys such as Par5 or mrweneedaquarterback) to spice up the joint. Stoney is still around, so that's good.

cooch is scared of you

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score

You would have taken an EDGE/DE/OLB when we were in dire need of an ILB to take over Shazier's duties? And then followed up that failure to address a glaring need by selecting a WR in the second round? When pray tell were you going to address the massive hole at ILB? 2020? 2021? Just kick it down the line, eh?

In opposition to your plan, the Steelers addressed the ILB hole by trading up for Bush. They got their deep threat WR (who you love) in the 2nd round of the 2020 draft and drafted a possible replacement for Bud in the 3rd round of 2020. They addressed the issue in a way that at least gave them the possibility of filling the immediate need and addressing future needs with the possible departure of Bud and JuJu.

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
you have posted before that you don't watch the games. maybe you have changed since then and now watch them, but to try and say you never posted that is just not true.
He forgets half the **** he says. Then there is who he would have picked again. The worst draftnik in history chiming in! Undefeated and he is still dumb enough to think he would have drafted better. Nevermind his hindsight picks always are different than his original picks. Comical!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
You would have taken an EDGE/DE/OLB when we were in dire need of an ILB to take over Shazier's duties? And then followed up that failure to address a glaring need by selecting a WR in the second round? When pray tell were you going to address the massive hole at ILB? 2020? 2021? Just kick it down the line, eh?

In opposition to your plan, the Steelers addressed the ILB hole by trading up for Bush. They got their deep threat WR (who you love) in the 2nd round of the 2020 draft and drafted a possible replacement for Bud in the 3rd round of 2020. They addressed the issue in a way that at least gave them the possibility of filling the immediate need and addressing future needs with the possible departure of Bud and JuJu.
That is why we are forever thankful cooch isn't our GM. The 40 yard dash full of Walter football fail. That man will never make another ban bet I promise you that! Window licked his way to 30 days off that was special.[emoji23]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app