• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chase Claypool Needs to Keep Playing “Grown Man Football”

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
There were many things that went into the Pittsburgh Steelers’ win last Sunday against the Buffalo Bills. As quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said, it was a team win. However, the offense was non existent the first half, but come the second half, they looked like a brand new unit. That was largely catapulted by the splash plays made by Chase Claypool.

Claypool had three huge plays, one of which included a circus catch over Pro Bowl cornerback Tre’Davious White. All three of these plays led to points for the Steelers, and his last catch set up the game sealing field goal. He was integral to the team’s victory Monday. The catch can be seen here:

Unreal catch
🤯
@ChaseClaypool | #LVvsPIT: Sunday at 1 pm on CBS pic.twitter.com/DwFe4nfj3B

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) September 16, 2021

Roethlisberger went on after the game and reiterated on a vlog with Rep 1 Football, who he has documented with last year as well, that Claypool was playing “grown man football.” He said if they want to keep winning games, that’s the Claypool we’re going to not only want, but need to see. I think the team’s and all of Steeler Nation can get behind that. When Claypool is making splash plays, he’s not only helping himself, he is opening up the field for the entire offense, and guys like Diontae Johnson, JuJu Smith-Schuster, James Washington, and Najee Harris will have that much more opportunity to contribute and make splash plays as well. It makes them that much more dangerous.

Claypool himself has said that he expected to make a big year two leap, and would be disappointed if he didn’t. He is an absolute x-factor and big play threat for this offense every time he steps on the field, and if he continues to make these plays all season, this offense will continue to open up and improve.

Claypool will have a chance to continue his strong play this Sunday against a Las Vegas Raiders team that gave up some chunk plays through the air against the Baltimore Ravens last Monday night. If he can capitalize like we know he can, it could be a great day for the team and the fans as they flood Heinz Field for the first game fully packed with fans since 2019. This is Claypool’s first time playing for a fully packed Heinz field in his career, and what better way to show out and get yourself acclimated to the fans than building off that strong Week 1 performance?

It’s all there for the “Grown Man” football to continue. The rest is up to Claypool to put together on the field, which we’ve seen him do on numerous occasions throughout his strong rookie season performance as well. The leap feels imminent, and we could see a real year two explosion starting this Sunday.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Claypool is great...but we don't freaking use him enough. HCMVLT said Waller is like Claypool in his size/speed measurables...then ******* USE him.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Claypool is great...but we don't freaking use him enough. HCMVLT said Waller is like Claypool in his size/speed measurables...then ******* USE him.
I would say he has potential to be great. Dude hasn't put in enough to be called great this early in his career.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Good write up Sean, thanks.

Chase Claypool has the talent justifying his draft by the PITTSBURGH STEELERS.

When Ben said grown man football I imeadiately thought of his childlike actions with JuJu and himself of course. Even in pre-season he made a routine catch and ran along the opposing team bench pointing at himself like he just won the super bowl.

Chase is now into his second season and I can see a little better maturity from him as well. I hope as the stage gets bigger he continues this maturation.

Other than right after this last game my employees son (20 yrs old and into tictok) found JuJu "live"streaming from the locker room. I find that really hard to believe with "little chest's" past descrempencies. Has anyone else seen anything of this nature ? I just hope Claypool doesn't fall into this cycle because without football his tik toc is nothing.

Continue the GROWN MAN football Chase because the fickle fan will cave on you if you go little boy on us.

Salute the nation

SteveA

Reaction score
Grown Man football translation: Bully Ball...

Chase has the meansurements to just Bully all these secondary guys....Kinda like Shaq back in the day...Impose his will