• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chiefs to ban fans from wearing Indian attire.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/20/chiefs-ban-fans-wearing-headdresses/

I never took it as disrespectful but I am not part of Indian-nation.

I would love our Indian Steeler fans to chime in with their opinion on this.

What about the chant and the tomahawk chop in Atlanta and FL State? Guess that's been cancelled too. They should just number the teams. Numbers aren't that offensive. Except maybe 13. 69 would be a no go. Maybe just use single letters. Double letters if the league is that big. No way there would be enough teams to get to it but my team would be WTF. As in WTF has gone wrong with our country?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So, literally all Indians wanting to attend a Kansas City Football Team game at Arrowhead stadium will have to go in

NAKED

You can't wear Indian cloths and if an Indian is wearing cloths wouldn't those be Indian cloths................ (sarcasm and no offense

AMERICA needs to toughen up a little I'd love to have a NFL team named after my non-identifiable gender.

Salute the nation

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So, literally all Indians wanting to attend a Kansas City Football Team game at Arrowhead stadium will have to go in

NAKED

You can't wear Indian cloths and if an Indian is wearing cloths wouldn't those be Indian cloths................ (sarcasm and no offense

AMERICA needs to toughen up a little I'd love to have a NFL team named after my non-identifiable gender.

Salute the nation

Whelp, DIC, half the millenials starring to run the country don't know what gender to identify with and all got a trophy for finishing last so unfortunately I don't see it toughening up anytime soon. We're pretty much f'd at this point.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

NAKED

Salute the nation
I am all for the Indian women showing up naked. Just saying!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
So how is wearing "Indian attire" disrespectful or offensive?

This bullshit is getting pretty silly now....

White elitists have said so. It must be true. Just like how poor people in bad neighborhoods want less cops on their streets. No need to thank them. Just obey.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The decline of a great sport is here.

Love the Steelers and love this board. But this is all getting out of hand.
The nfl is just another victim in a sad state of affairs.

You guys stay strong out there. Best wishes

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Glad the Steelers are a non-person name. Hope reformed thieves are not offended despite EE-EA difference.
Actually, I was pretty good with Redskins thing. But the Chiefs are trying to keep their brand and then telling people what they can and cannot wear to celebrate that brand. That is horseshit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Do Native Americans have a problem with whites wearing ceremonial headdress? My Native American friends that were Washington fans never had a problem with it. One of their superfans was actually a black person wearing a full Indian Chief outfit, and he was a fan favorite.

I don't know if native Americans are equating this to whites in blackface? I haven't heard any outcry in that respect.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Do Native Americans have a problem with whites wearing ceremonial headdress? My Native American friends that were Washington fans never had a problem with it. One of their superfans was actually a black person wearing a full Indian Chief outfit, and he was a fan favorite.

I don't know if native Americans are equating this to whites in blackface? I haven't heard any outcry in that respect.

I remember that guy. He and one of the super fans from Dallas would always make the highlight reels giving each other the business back when they had a rivalry and even non-Steelers football was fun to watch.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Florida State took the head elders or the Seminole Army with them to the Florida grand jury to allow them to keep the name. Seminole nation backed it, but they had to go for FSU to win. Same year I think is when Syracuse had to change to Orange, Notre Dame and Illinois drop "Fighting", and St John's Redman to Red Storm. Total Bullshit. wait til someone beats their bibles and starts complaining about Sun Devils and Blue Devils.

Soon coming I got to think will be:

MLB - Indians, Braves, and watch Pirates offend someone.
NFL - Packers (as that is offensive to a menial job, that is what they say for Tar Heels) Patriots - That team, owner and coach offends me with the team name Patriots. Patriots don't cheat
NBA - Surprisingly none
NHL - Blackhawks and Devils
Way too many in college football. It is crazy that this is where we are in sports and the world today.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
They should rename themselves the Kansas City Football Team just like Washington did. They can be Football Team 1 and Football Team 2. Surely nobody will be offended by that. Hell let's just rename all the teams that. Football Teams Number 1 through 32. Then everyone can be happy.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They should rename themselves the Kansas City Football Team just like Washington did. They can be Football Team 1 and Football Team 2. Surely nobody will be offended by that. Hell let's just rename all the teams that. Football Teams Number 1 through 32. Then everyone can be happy.

Obviously the STEELERS would be # 1 & **** the rest and the ******* whiney un-identifiable gender disorientated.cockroaches.

Salute the nation

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Hey the numbering idea was my idea. I'm offended by your blatant disregard for skipping over my post. You must not like old Polish, Irish, German people who like to complain a lot. ;)

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Florida State took the head elders or the Seminole Army with them to the Florida grand jury to allow them to keep the name. Seminole nation backed it, but they had to go for FSU to win. Same year I think is when Syracuse had to change to Orange, Notre Dame and Illinois drop "Fighting", and St John's Redman to Red Storm. Total Bullshit. wait til someone beats their bibles and starts complaining about Sun Devils and Blue Devils.

Soon coming I got to think will be:

MLB - Indians, Braves, and watch Pirates offend someone.
NFL - Packers (as that is offensive to a menial job, that is what they say for Tar Heels) Patriots - That team, owner and coach offends me with the team name Patriots. Patriots don't cheat
NBA - Surprisingly none
NHL - Blackhawks and Devils
Way too many in college football. It is crazy that this is where we are in sports and the world today.

Well, Pirates were involved in slave trading, so most certainly the name has to go. White, limp wristed whiners say so.

The problem I have with political correctness is that it's never the subject of the term, ie. Native Americans, etc., that are obnoxiously offended, but the lily white, everybody gets a trophy crowd, and because they are relentlessly screaming, America is relenting to them. Think about it, those kids throwing a tantrum on the grocery store floor are now shaping this country.

Reactions: JMM

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Hey the numbering idea was my idea. I'm offended by your blatant disregard for skipping over my post. You must not like old Polish, Irish, German people who like to complain a lot. ;)

Lol, yeah I guess I skipped right past it.

Reactions: JMM