• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chris Hubbard

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...ng-camp-depth-chart-chris-hubbard-left-guard/

Interesting big man can move. Good fit in a zone scheme??

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Foster might lose his starting spot if he doesn't get back quick. With Munchak it's a clean slate for everyone so if Hubbard continues to impress and Foster doesn't when he gets back I could see a switch. Hubbard has the speed and agility you look for for a LG and in the zone scheme so athletically he fits better. I always thought Foster was a solid interior guy but I always thought his best role would be as a utility guy who can play when someone goes down and not a full time starter.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Kid played for Alabama. Would be nice to have someone who can pull. Makes us more versatile. Just thoughts. Foster is a leader for us and while he isnt an all pro he is consistent

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Kid played for UAB ... University of Alabama Birmingham. And I don't see Foster losing his job to this kid, while Foster was attending his mother's funeral.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Kid played for UAB ... University of Alabama Birmingham. And I don't see Foster losing his job to this kid, while Foster was attending his mother's funeral.

Sorry i must of misread or the article had it wrong. Either way interesting. His athlectism could be why he is getting a shot with the first team. Way more upside then Wallace at LG.

Last edited:

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing to be sorry about. The article was misleading in that it (correctly) stated that he had his pro day at Alabama, but didn't identify him as a UAB player. You know how some bigger schools will allow smaller school players to attend their pro days ... and while his athleticism is intriguing, as the article noted, he's battling Wesley Johnson for a spot and I think Johnson's versatility may win out in that scenario.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I dont think Johnson has ran first team yet. Be great if he also improves enough to jump into the mix. Munchak has a great history for turning low draft picks and undrafted guys into players.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think he has run with the firsts yet either. But, as a highly valued draft pick, I think he'll be given every opportunity to unseat the undrafted 2nd year player and it's up to him to seize the moment.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Sorry i must of misread or the article had it wrong. Either way interesting. His athlectism could be why he is getting a shot with the first team. Way more upside then Wallace at LG.

The Steelers are pretty thin after their top eight (if you include Whimper in that group). With Foster out, Wallace moved into the starting lineup, but after Snow went down, they needed Wallace to play center with the second team. Hubbard is the most experienced interior player left, nothing more than that.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
The Steelers are pretty thin after their top eight (if you include Whimper in that group). With Foster out, Wallace moved into the starting lineup, but after Snow went down, they needed Wallace to play center with the second team. Hubbard is the most experienced interior player left, nothing more than that.

More then likely you are right but his athlectism is intruiging. Especially with us making a move to more zone stuff.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Foster is mauler and too heavy footed to play in a zone scheme, he is to slow pulling I see Wesley Jhonson starting next year at LG.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe if we kept more than the usual 2 backup linemen or whatever the hell Tomlin does every week, he might have a chance

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Foster might lose his starting spot if he doesn't get back quick. With Munchak it's a clean slate for everyone so if Hubbard continues to impress and Foster doesn't when he gets back I could see a switch. Hubbard has the speed and agility you look for for a LG and in the zone scheme so athletically he fits better. I always thought Foster was a solid interior guy but I always thought his best role would be as a utility guy who can play when someone goes down and not a full time starter.

I am a kool aid drinker, but perhaps I will refrain from drinkin this thought process. Especially a established starter returning from a death, not a injury............

Wingman

Reaction score
Sometimes, a young guy can get a chance to beat an older guy for the position. Pouncey was one who did so, Rothlisberger was another, after the injury the starter never got the job back. I'm sorry for Fosters loss but he was and likely still is just a good serviceable lineman, nothing great. If one of the young guys can bump him into a back up role because they bring more we still have Foster and the guy that bumped him. That could be a strength for us and along the offensive line.

jdell

Reaction score

Are you serious? He's been the most dependable! Knock on wood.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Dependable as in health wise, yes I'd agree. But as in terms of consistent play, I'd disagree.

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score

He ran with 1st team because Fosters mom died and Snow broke his foot.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Hubbard.will be lucky to make the 53, luckier yet to be active on gameday... His odds of unseating Foster are very low. Wish the best for him as well as all of our other hopefuls but c'mon

Chicoman

Reaction score
The DARK HORSE to watch on the O-line this season is little known....."CHRIS ELKINS" from Youngstown St. There won't be any hiding this kid on the practice squad either. I am really pulling for this kid to make the roster.