• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cleveland Cavs down 0-2

Stewey

Reaction score
Must be disturbing for Cleveland fans having to face a sea of gold in basketball too.
At least they can go with the "its not gold, its yellow" drivel.

CHQKdYs.jpg

Last edited:

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
Golden St cut their hearts out tonight.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
LeBron wont save them. The guy had surrounding talent in Miami couldnt build a dynasty there. Golden St plays team ball

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Cleveland don't like the taste of Curry. The Cavs looked like **** last night. And in Game 1, as well. James looks like he knows they are outmatched.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
It not over till Clev takes it at home. If they get bent over game three like the previous two, stick a fork in them. I've never seen shooting like this before. Seems more like college ball than NBA.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I said it last week - if the Cavs do not win this series, then no Cleveland sports franchise in any sport will ever win a championship.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
It not over till Clev takes it at home. If they get bent over game three like the previous two, stick a fork in them. I've never seen shooting like this before. Seems more like college ball than NBA.

yea, the 3rd and 4th quarters was very sloppy, even with Curry in foul trouble. Clev had no answers for GS. King James may have to win a game or two for them to have a chance.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Hope the Warriors sweep 'em. So tired of hearing about Lebron and Kyrie.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Cavs make this a series. I'm a little tired of of Curry--not the way the media is covering him, but him.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Cavs will need to go small-ball to make this competitive.
Bring Love off the bench and start Shumpert. They need speed and quickness.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I said it last week - if the Cavs do not win this series, then no Cleveland sports franchise in any sport will ever win a championship.

I think this one will be over in 4 or 5. If the Cavs lost the next game, its fork-fork time for sure.

Stewey

Reaction score
In the last 7 meetings the Cavs are 0-7 vs. GS with GS keeping them under 100 points each time.

steelermania

Reaction score
I knew it was over for Cleveland when Durant and Westbrook choked in Game 6. Cleveland had a solid chance to beat OKC. They just don't match up well with GS. They will eventually regret trading Wiggins for Love.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
The West is much better than the East in the NBA right now. OKC and San Antonio would beat the Cavs.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I watched "Believeland" last night.

While I am obviously honor bound to root against the Browns whenever they square off against the Steelers, one can't help but feel for the fans of the franchise. Even the baseball team has found painful ways to lose horrifically at the end. One has to wonder how does a city go so long without winning a championship in any sport while coming so close so often?

And the horrifically painful cherry on top of the agonizing sundae is Lebron James. Born just down the road in Akron Ohio, he was essentially a home-town kid who knew of the heartache and suffering of the community, who knew how hard it was on the fans year after year, and he left them. That was bad enough but "The Decision"? That horrible, media ****, "All about me" show where he made the fans wait until literally the last minute in a shades of Modell move that tore the already broken hearts out of a listless and reeling city.

No, I had no love for Cleveland, but I won't deny I pitied them. I felt for those fans. I felt as though they deserved something. Like the Steeler fans well before my time, they've suffered long enough already. Give them SOMETHING. Lebron James leaving was just too much. It was just the final betrayal in a long line of horrifying slaps in the face for the fans that just couldn't be born any longer. Sure Modell may have had his business reasons that could have even been justified. Maybe he'd given millions and millions to the city and backed the baseball guys in getting a new stadium while the planners sat back and watched the football stadium literally fall apart. Maybe Modell just couldn't take the **** anymore while the city truly believed "Modell won't "REALLY" go.

But in the end, it was the fans who got shafted. It was the fans who lost their team to Baltimore, who had to watch the Ravens lift a trophy just a short while later as THEY got Modell's renovated stadium and a ****** expansion team of rejects from other teams in the league. Sure there was "football" back in Cleveland a few years later, but it was **** ball and everyone knew it. And it's never recovered.

But the fans STILL come. They still show up and back that ****** disfunctional mess. God love em. Johnny ******* Manziel. That kid who had all the pictures taken of he and his friends hitting each other in the dick. You couldn't even NAME half the quarterbacks the Browns have rolled out in the last 5 years. It's a train wreck of "WhatTheFuckery". A Middle School Football coach with serious OCD problems could probably do better. Truly.

But I was ranting about Lebron "The Truth" James. Because he IS the Truth. He's truly all about the Truth of what's wrong with the psyche of Cleveland. I want to pity them. I can say with complete honesty that if The Steelers were by some horrific circumstance injured or otherwise out of the running early for the AFC, there's no other team I'd like to see "Cinderella" than Cleveland. I'd be ECSTATIC for a Cleveland Browns dream season if the Steelers couldn't have it instead. It isn't about mixed loyalties. Of course, I'd prefer the Steelers win every day. But for the Love of God, let the Browns have a chance if the Steelers can't.

Now "The Truth" on the other hand... He ******* left. He not only left, he left you cruel. He left you like an asshat on parade. He wasn't classy, polite and professional about it. He put together a dream-team of athletes who accepted lower contracts at the time so they could compete in sunny Miami and win a championship together. Once that was accomplished they bumped their pay raise. The Chosen One chose himself and he left Cleveland in his rear-view mirror just as surely as Art Modell and the moving vans did a decade or so earlier.

And Cleveland wept. They wailed and gnashed their teeth and they complained that the Gods hated them. (As it surely seemed). Cleveland I suppose had a right to feel some self pity. Things haven't gone so badly for a city ever. Sure cities have had droughts, but no city has come close to winning as Cleveland has only to find new and weird ways to come away the bridesmaid over and over again.

But in their desperation, in their weakened and deplorable state, Cleveland did something I cannot forgive. They welcomed Brutus back into the fold. They brought "The Chosen One" right back to Cleveland. Welcomed Lebron home as though he'd never snuck out in the middle of the night himself. And now, Lebron stands at the brink of a potential second NBA championship loss. Cleveland fans prepare themselves for the inevitable. I suspect they can't even imagine the possibility that the Cavs could win. They certainly don't deserve to. You don't sleep with the enemy and hope for the best. Generally you assume you'll end up with illegitimacy.

It's hard to judge Cleveland fans. Pittsburgh and their fans have so much. I will still be a happy camper the day the Browns lift a Lombardy. I can say that with complete honesty and no shame. (Particularly if they beat the P*triots on the way).

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Cleveland isn't the Bengals, and they aren't the P*triots.

At some point you have to get weary of "God Mode" on Madden. That's all I'm sayin'.

str8liner

Reaction score
Since we are not locked in to any basketball teams around here I dont really care who does what but I actually would like to see Lebron and the Cavs win a Championship.

Curry this and the Warriors that is starting get old like Jordan's Bull's of the 90s did.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Damn, that was an *** beating by the Cavs. GS was never in it. We'll see if they can duplicate that performance in Game 4.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I have to admit, as much as I feel pity for the Browns from time to time, I despise Lebron James. In my opinion he represents all that is wrong with professional basketball.

My opinion, of course.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I have to admit, as much as I feel pity for the Browns from time to time, I despise Lebron James. In my opinion he represents all that is wrong with professional basketball.

My opinion, of course.

**** Cleveland. I hate the Browns as much as I hate the Caps

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Tough spot for Cle. Keep love out or start him? He has been *** and he can't defend. Start him because he is sensitive or sit him and win. Clev wins if he doesn't start.

steelermania

Reaction score
Well, Cleveland is on the verge of a legendary comeback. LeBron has gotten in the heads of the Warriors, and he's showing who is really the best player in the world. Cleveland will be a smoking ruin Monday morning if they win. (OK, Cleveland is already a ruin, but it will be smoking too). Won't bother me if they win. They really can't talk any trash to us, since we just won the Stanley Cup.
I wonder if the city will go around collecting couches like they did here? Unlike Pittsburgh, Cleveland is 95% frame houses, so it could get real ugly if they start burning stuff.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Well, Cleveland is on the verge of a legendary comeback. LeBron has gotten in the heads of the Warriors, and he's showing who is really the best player in the world. Cleveland will be a smoking ruin Monday morning if they win. (OK, Cleveland is already a ruin, but it will be smoking too). Won't bother me if they win. They really can't talk any trash to us, since we just won the Stanley Cup.
I wonder if the city will go around collecting couches like they did here? Unlike Pittsburgh, Cleveland is 95% frame houses, so it could get real ugly if they start burning stuff.

Yea, I can't see GS winning Sunday night. Clev has been smoking them. If/when James win a championship for Cleveland, they should make him Mayor For Life. If I was a betting man, I would have never have put money on Clev. What a turn around. Perfect reason why I don't gamble.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't watched an NBA game since Barkley retired, so can someone please explain to me why Golden State's nickname is the Dubs?