• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coach Tomlin Talks To Justin Fields

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have been connected to almost every big name – not just in free agency but in the NFL Draft. And now, there’s more buzz thanks to this video that’s circulating on Twitter:

@SteeIerNation probably nothing but maybe something
🤔
pic.twitter.com/I9SBAn2PrZ

— Mike Stiffler (@Stiffeezy_) April 8, 2021

You’re seeing that right. It’s head coach Mike Tomlin talking to Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields. Not just talking to, but watching. Joking around with. Looking like he might be a little more than a casual observer.

There are plenty of rumors floating around that the Steelers are interested in trading up in this draft, and that they might even have their eyes on grabbing one of the elite QB talents that will be available.

The tweet is right – it’s probably nothing.

But maybe, it’s something.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Glamorous smoke and mirrors........................... or not.! To move up may take 3 draft picks and we don't have that to spare in this year's draft. Just sayiN

Salute the nation

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the kid too. We know HCMVLT will be after him...in 5 years, lol.

Actually, Mike will be gone by then, but you get the drift.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We'd have to move well inside the top 10 and possibly the top 5. No f'ing way do I mortgage our future like that. We would be giving up our 2nd this year and probably our next 2 firsts (along with swapping firsts this year). If he slid outside the top 10, then it's a possibility.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
after what San Fran gave up to move into 3rd spot ....other teams would want the whole farm and then some to see us land us some FIELDS

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Would love the guy. Would hate to give up what it would take to get him.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully, it's nothing. Fields is highly overrated.
Does he give you that won't be able to stay healthy vibe? Or is it just me. I also question his ability to read defenses. Just not the QB I would trade up for not that I am predicting his ceiling or floor.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Does he give you that won't be able to stay healthy vibe? Or is it just me. I also question his ability to read defenses. Just not the QB I would trade up for not that I am predicting his ceiling or floor.
I think Fields has some talent, but he's not worth a top five pick. And Ohio State's track record with quarterback success at the NFL level is suspect at best.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Mostly agree, and " they " say his character is an issue.
Link?
I don't know who "They" are, because his head coach and QB coach have had nothing but good things to say about the kid. Including about his work ethic, leadership and coachability. Those are the guys that matter when and if you must resort to opinions from "They".
Personally, however, I think you just made that **** up. And here we go with your usual pattern.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I think Fields has some talent, but he's not worth a top five pick. And Ohio State's track record with quarterback success at the NFL level is suspect at best.
Why do you think he's overrated? Also, Ohio State really hasn't had a highly rated QB enter the draft so it's hard to hold that against him.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Why do you think he's overrated? Also, Ohio State really hasn't had a highly rated QB enter the draft so it's hard to hold that against him.
Because as a Penn State fan, I follow the Big Ten pretty closely. I have watched Fields play quite a bit, and in 3 of his last 5 games, the good defenses like Indiana, Northwestern, and Alabama made him look pedestrian or worse.

Haskins was highly rated enough to be taken in the first half of the first round. Two years later, he's on a **** contract, praying for a backup job. Evidently Ohio State didn't prepare the guy properly for the NFL.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have been connected to almost every big name – not just in free agency but in the NFL Draft. And now, there’s more buzz thanks to this video that’s circulating on Twitter:

You’re seeing that right. It’s head coach Mike Tomlin talking to Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields. Not just talking to, but watching. Joking around with. Looking like he might be a little more than a casual observer.

There are plenty of rumors floating around that the Steelers are interested in trading up in this draft, and that they might even have their eyes on grabbing one of the elite QB talents that will be available.

The tweet is right – it’s probably nothing.

But maybe, it’s something.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..
He got beat up pretty bad against Clemson and played injured in the national championship. How is he looking now?

I haven’t been keeping up here lately.
I feel I am behind.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Why are we even talking about this? It's not as if the Steelers have the draft capital or cap space to sign a top 5 pick, 10 at the worst.

I have a bad feeling about this draft. I hope I'm wrong. The Steelers are really at a critical point and the rookies they do get in rounds 1-3 need to be day one starters and they have serious gaps.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, we're talking about this and other scenarios that likely won't come to pass simply because it's the off season, right before the draft. We all know (think we know) what the Steelers should be focusing on. However, we also know that they have, with annoying regularity, not given a hoot about what the fans think need to be done and have drafted to the beat of their own drummer. Sometimes it works out for them. Sometimes it doesn't.
But, it's fun to speculate on what they might do. Even if it doesn't seem realistic.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, we're talking about this and other scenarios that likely won't come to pass simply because it's the off season, right before the draft. We all know (think we know) what the Steelers should be focusing on. However, we also know that they have, with annoying regularity, not given a hoot about what the fans think need to be done and have drafted to the beat of their own drummer. Sometimes it works out for them. Sometimes it doesn't.
But, it's fun to speculate on what they might do. Even if it doesn't seem realistic.

You mean they don't follow what we think ???? Are you saying it's luck that I've been right on multiple draft picks regularly and predicting bust(s) using unorthadox methods such as luxury car placement and head size.....?

WTF

PS......................... i do have sources

Salute the nation