• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coaching (me)

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Sask can change his name to anything except Coach :0 But if he needs a tip of two, he sure can PM me. Free tip, the best assistants for the HS level come from the alumni.
A tip from you? 😂 Comedy gold. Unless he wants to hear what you have to say and do the opposite. That is a solid approach for anyone.😁

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
A tip from you? 😂 Comedy gold. Unless he wants to hear what you have to say and do the opposite. That is a solid approach for anyone.😁

Unless the topic is 20" blades, I can't see anyone asking you anything.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Unless the topic is 20" blades, I can't see anyone asking you anything.
Epic response from resident window licker. Your derp is strong.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Varsity Girls, why not on Sask's team? I mean the NFL is force feeding them and plans to hire them like crazy as assistant coaches. Just wait for it. We'll have one soon. I'm surprised Rooney hasn't acted yet. Well he has if trainer's count. Whomever our first female coach is better know her stuff.
One thing for sure, if they do, she will have forgotten more about the game than you purportedly know now.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Some work changes have occurred that will allow me to take the HC duties of the most competitive junior varsity program in our city. The facility is unbelievable. Donated to the senior and junior program by a very wealthy but anonymous benefactor. There isn't a terribly big pressure to win, buy there is to produce quality well trained players for the senior program. It will be a summer of preparing and rounding out the coaching staff, but it's kinda my dream coaching gig. I could do senior varsity as a position coach but because I didn't play post high school to any degree this is my ceiling as an HC for now.
Will you run a 4-4-4 defense?

mdk2

Reaction score
I think Ernie Adams is available for hire....

But seriously, congrats man! Awesome gig.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
One thing for sure, if they do, she will have forgotten more about the game than you purportedly know now.

SHHHH! Maybe they can all wear dark shades, and jump off side on the first play to psych them out. Well call it the Ike Tyalor special, and trust me, you're special in your own way.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Well call it the Ike Tyalor special, and trust me, you're special in your own way.

Speaking of 'special'. And Ike has more knowledge in his pinky than in that pea-sized brain of yours.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Sask can change his name to anything except Coach :0 But if he needs a tip of two, he sure can PM me. Free tip, the best assistants for the HS level come from the alumni.
You know you are not the only one on here who has coached beyond peewee, some of us don't have to make it our name.

This is forever how I picture you by the way. 1623348495920.png

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice, Sask. Good luck, but sounds like you are coming into a good program with good resources so I expect to see your team on Netflix.

Stewey

Reaction score

Curious to know at what level did you coach? Did you ever try looking for a job in the pros?

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
SHHHH! Maybe they can all wear dark shades, and jump off side on the first play to psych them out. Well call it the Ike Tyalor special, and trust me, you're special in your own way.
the only thing worse than your football posts are you ******* lame *** smack talk

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Curious to know at what level did you coach? Did you ever try looking for a job in the pros?
I know you are talking to coach. I want to be clear about me. I played High school and one year in BC junior. Which I wasn't close to the field. I started coaching my sons from flag on and one is now graduated and the other is in the senior program at the school I will coach at. From the ground up and probably at my ceiling as an HC.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Trust you? You can’t even post a comment without sentence fragments or grammatical errors. Did you get your GED while in prison?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
you're a better man than I am. I quit coaching football because of the parents. These freaking people think little Johnny is going to go to college on a scholarship and all you are is a road block.

Just one example. I had a kid who was a prototype TE for High School. Bigger body kid that could run a decent route and had very good hands. Well, Daddy says he's a RB, no...a star running back. I told his old man he's full of ****. Since he's a lawyer and throws money around to the booster club I get told to put his kid in at RB. So I did, and he got absolutely crushed. After 10 carries of bouncing it to the edge because he was afraid of contact he gets his femur broken by a safety who knew he was headed for the edge. Off he went in the ambulance. what does the Dad do? He starts an organization centered around "fair play" and had the school board require coaches attend the training yearly. I was done at that point and said **** you all.

At least with Wrestling we wrestle off for a specific weight. Winner wrestles varsity and the loser wrestles JV. You think you're better than the guy ahead of you? challenge him.

Best of luck buddy, you're going to need it.
Question Badcat....I've always had a problem with folkstyle wrestling and out-of-bounds situations. I wish there was scoring when an aggressive wrestler is able to get an opponent outside the line and also preventing passive/fleeing wrestlers. Wish they would go the freestyle scoring with out of bounds...thoughts?

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the well wishes and solid advice. To be clear my own goals are player development for the senior squad and creating our own "memories". Part of having good memories is winning. The AD at the school is also the Senior HC. He was clear that he wants our program to mirror theirs. He wants us to practice the same. Same verbiage etc. Winning won't be the focus. I'm confident we will win more than enough. I'm also fortunate because the league mandates that backups play in the second quarter and score is not included in the final. This allows you to put the kids in who aren't ready to start or be clear depth players. It also let's small programs who maybe only have 20 players feel success against backups.
The poster who mentioned the choosing of assistant coaches and coordinators is crucial is dead on. I've got about 2/3 of what I need. One of them coached me.
Good luck with your team. Never heard of that kind of league mandate requiring backups to play at the JV level, but that should allow you to hold the interest of some of your depth players who might otherwise lose interest in a hurry. My son is going into ninth grade, and his JV team has already lost a bunch of kids who were in the middle school program because they can't make the commitment (increased weight training, practice every day in the summer, etc.) required for high school football.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Good luck with your team. Never heard of that kind of league mandate requiring backups to play at the JV level, but that should allow you to hold the interest of some of your depth players who might otherwise lose interest in a hurry. My son is going into ninth grade, and his JV team has already lost a bunch of kids who were in the middle school program because they can't make the commitment (increased weight training, practice every day in the summer, etc.) required for high school football.
I was skeptical at first because I'm a competitor too. But it allows you to look for an athlete (usually a hockey kid that isn't going to be AAA ) but never played youth football. It takes a lot of parent heat off for play time. Starters and immediate backups in 1st 3rd and 4th quarter. Developmental players in the second. If its a blowout get those guys more playtime.