• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coach's Bible proves he's wrong

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

steelhurt

Reaction score
Coach,this is certainly not a good look for you here. How in the world can you criticize Davis as being a bust when your very own reliable source rates Davis #1 on the Steelers?

You're killing me here Coach!

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Isn’t it coincidental that he hasn’t made any recent commentary on your Oliver thread? Could it be because most prognosticators are still showing Ed being gone well before the 10th pick? Even Walter Football, which he uses the most for draft plagiarism, shows Oliver going 8th.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Isn’t it coincidental that he hasn’t made any recent commentary on your Oliver thread? Could it be because most prognosticators are still showing Ed being gone well before the 10th pick? Even Walter Football, which he uses the most for draft plagiarism, shows Oliver going 8th.

Ike, I've got sources that kinda hope ED goes 20th........................................................

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
My feeling on the safeties which is totally based upon watching not empirically researched was that they didn't give up a hell of a lot of deep down the middle post plays. Not like last year where Mitchell got absolutely destroyed. However, they didn't exactly ball hawk it. Like once in a while you'de like to see a safety jump a route and undercut it. Or even an anticipated deflected ball. I felt like they sat back in Tampa two and didn't make a hell of a lot of plays, but the defensive calls are not their fault.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Davis is an okay S, my opinion is that he hasn't reached his ceiling yet and that's very good news for the D. It's a matter of coaches and himself to go that extra mile and become a real playmaker

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Ike, I've got sources that kinda hope ED goes 20th........................................................

Salute the nation

Oh wouldn't that be fabulous if Pitt grabbed him. There's your reason to switch to 4-3 and just let the line mature even better. That would be the only consolation for Coach winning the bet.

Then again, it would probably open up Coach to starting a thread every day about wasted pick.....But hey!!! Can you cap out Coach's created thread limit to one//every 14 days?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh wouldn't that be fabulous if Pitt grabbed him. There's your reason to switch to 4-3 and just let the line mature even better. That would be the only consolation for Coach winning the bet.

Then again, it would probably open up Coach to starting a thread every day about wasted pick.....But hey!!! Can you cap out Coach's created thread limit to one//every 14 days?

Ed will be gone but it is highly possible that scenario will be facing them as this draft is really high end deep at DT.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ed will be gone but it is highly possible that scenario will be facing them as this draft is really high end deep at DT.

A lot has to play out yet before one can determine the route the steelers should go on order of who and what. NO MATTER what the scenario we need a DEFENSIVE play maker and hopefully of need in round one or two.

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
It may be difficult for Coach to admit he's wrong, but his favorite rag site just did it for him.

His constant agenda fueled tirade of Sean Davis was shot down by his go to source of player assessment, as PFF's 2018 year end grades show the highest player on the Steelers was in fact Sean Davis. a 22+ point increase. 14th player in the ranking.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pff/0ap3000001007578/PFF-Every-team-s-most-improved-player-of-2018

Coming from a guy who blasts them, this is rich!

Also, you might want to look at a real link from the source. Like the Pro Football Focus website.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/sean-davis/10692

Davis was rated the 40th safety in the NFL. Your 14th rating is a fantasy and misleading. So he improved a bit from terrible to bad. Press on. Lots of posters on this board can see Davis misses too many tackles ( lead the team in missed tackles ) gave up a lot of big plays and makes too few plays on the ball.

Also as I said before I don't always agree with PFF. In this case, I think their rating of Davis at 40th for safety is little generous. If there are 62 starting safeties, a rating of 40 means your below half of them. Actually a bit more than that. Below 64.5% of the starters. Re-read that Ike.

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to correct you and at the same time make my case.

Warmest Regards,

Coach

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Wrong again Ike. They have him at 9th, not 8th in their most recent mock draft. Boy, you are on a roll with fake news. Keep in mind players have yet to work out and others to declare. Oliver was overhyped. Draft boards look vastly different from January to April.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019.php

I have already made my case on why Oliver won't be a top ten pick. He's too small and not a sack guy, pushed around at times in college by guys who won't even sniff an NFL camp. I question his competition and think his immaturity might affect his draft stock. Scouts can see all of the above on film, and I broke it down clip by clip in some of his games.

Would you take a 275 pound 3 technique only ( Too small for End in a 4-3 or 3-4 ) in round one who at best had 5.5 sacks in his three seasons of college play and didn't exactly put up those numbers in a power five conference?

If you read Walter Football's comments on Oliver, they said many believe scouts and teams think he's a mid-round pick. Will he go in the top ten, there are some dumb teams. Tim Tebow went in round one. Buffalo, I think needs offensive players to build around Allen.

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
A lot has to play out yet before one can determine the route the steelers should go on order of who and what. NO MATTER what the scenari

Salute the nation

We need a DEFENSIVE play maker and hopefully of need in round one or two.

We do not need DL help as a primary in this draft. We need help at ILB, OLB, CB, and S.

Picking Oliver at #20 for the Steelers would be stupid. Look, Hargrave has more sacks in the NFL this season than Oliver did in a nonpower five conference in his three seasons of college play. Let that sink in for a while...Oliver probably played more snaps on passing downs to rush the passer. He beat Navy and Eastern Carolina for sacks. They are pretty bad teams.

The difference between a center or guard in the AAC vs the NFL is tremendous. Oliver will be facing much better players and giving up about 40 pounds if the Houston staff is right, saying his playing weight was about 275.

We already know he's a nonfactor rushing the passer in college. I think his arms are shorter than average. Oliver will be against the odds in the pro's to anchor, and far less likely beat his man for a sack.

Last edited:

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Coach posts a lot, but it makes this place more fun to read. Whether you agree or disagree with him, it's far better than the posters who are constantly complaining about him.

It may be difficult for Coach to admit he's wrong, but his favorite rag site just did it for him.

His constant agenda fueled tirade of Sean Davis was shot down by his go to source of player assessment, as PFF's 2018 year end grades show the highest player on the Steelers was in fact Sean Davis. a 22+ point increase. 14th player in the ranking.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pff/0ap3000001007578/PFF-Every-team-s-most-improved-player-of-2018

By the way, if you are going to try to call out coach, at least get your information right. Davis isn't the highest rated player on the Steelers, just the one with the most improved grade and as coach pointed out, the #40 safety in the NFL.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Ike thinks I can't admit I'm wrong, and I prove that quite a bit.

My last major miss was I was a bit concerned about Durpee. I wanted Randy Gregory. Since I don't have access to drug reports or interviews, Gregory had a bad start. However, now that he's clean he had 6 sacks, 15 QB hits, and 2 forced fumbles. for the season...as a back up. He might be better than Durpee in the long run,

steelhurt

Reaction score

My last major miss was I was a bit concerned about Durpee. I wanted Randy Gregory. Since I don't have access to drug reports or interviews, Gregory had a bad start. However, now that he's clean he had 6 sacks, 15 QB hits, and 2 forced fumbles. for the season...as a back up. He might be better than Durpee in the long run,

Coach I wanted Bud and pushed hard on this board for hoping we drafted him. I actually do think he played better and with a new LB Coach could be what he needs.
The last thing we needed was another character with issues on this team with Gregory.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

Coming from a guy who blasts them, this is rich!

Also, you might want to look at a real link from the source. Like the Pro Football Focus website.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/sean-davis/10692

Davis was rated the 40th safety in the NFL. Your 14th rating is a fantasy and misleading. So he improved a bit from terrible to bad. Press on. Lots of posters on this board can see Davis misses too many tackles ( lead the team in missed tackles ) gave up a lot of big plays and makes too few plays on the ball.

Also as I said before I don't always agree with PFF. In this case, I think their rating of Davis at 40th for safety is little generous. If there are 62 starting safeties, a rating of 40 means your below half of them. Actually a bit more than that. Below 64.5% of the starters. Re-read that Ike.

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to correct you and at the same time make my case.

Warmest Regards,

Coach

You are right moron. I do blast them because they make up statistics with their own subjective diametric conclusions. That’s why I choose to disregard their data. It’s called being ironic. Satirical in nature as well, since you use PFF whenever they fit your cause.

As for the link, that was from NFL.com. Free publicity. It’s misleading to you, because you pick and choose to your liking. All I stated was of the 32 players listed in their list, Davis was the 14th highest in improvement. If you don’t agree with it, then you don’t agree with their findings. Which describes your view perfectly. Oxymoronic.

40th rated safety....by PFF. As indicated, on their metrics, which is subjective and by definition misleading.

No doubt he lead the team in missed tackles. That’s a true statistic. But compare it to the previous year, tackling was improved by the whole unit. More plays on the ball are needed. Obviously. Rookie SS, new FS absent CB2 and missing their catalyst Shazier all culprits. More playmakers needed. As for giving up big plays....idiotic, the secondary gave up less big plays this year than last year. Blown coverage at inappropriate times were disappointing, but the core is there. A true CB2 and coverage LB/S hybrid would solidify this unit as is.

Blah, blah, blah on your assessments....still no more informative than the novices. Which the majority of us are.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Wrong again Ike. They have him at 9th, not 8th in their most recent mock draft. Boy, you are on a roll with fake news. Keep in mind players have yet to work out and others to declare. Oliver was overhyped. Draft boards look vastly different from January to April.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019.php

I have already made my case on why Oliver won't be a top ten pick. He's too small and not a sack guy, pushed around at times in college by guys who won't even sniff an NFL camp. I question his competition and think his immaturity might affect his draft stock. Scouts can see all of the above on film, and I broke it down clip by clip in some of his games.

Would you take a 275 pound 3 technique only ( Too small for End in a 4-3 or 3-4 ) in round one who at best had 5.5 sacks in his three seasons of college play and didn't exactly put up those numbers in a power five conference?

If you read Walter Football's comments on Oliver, they said many believe scouts and teams think he's a mid-round pick. Will he go in the top ten, there are some dumb teams. Tim Tebow went in round one. Buffalo, I think needs offensive players to build around Allen.

Phone typo. It’s still in the top 10. You know, the whole premise of your beef with Coolie on Oliver. You never opined “dumb teams” with your prognostications with Coolie, in fact you badgered him to no end that he would even be considered until after the 10th pick.

Your view on Oliver......don’t care. Because you don’t watch games.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
I fully agree with Coach's assessment of Davis.

The guy takes bad angles constantly, which is like the last thing you want from a safety, and he just doesn't get his hands on the ball enough.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Coach posts a lot, but it makes this place more fun to read. Whether you agree or disagree with him, it's far better than the posters who are constantly complaining about him.

By the way, if you are going to try to call out coach, at least get your information right. Davis isn't the highest rated player on the Steelers, just the one with the most improved grade and as coach pointed out, the #40 safety in the NFL.

Sure Fan, he does posts a lot, but the majority of the time is for his own amusement, not ours. And for the record, Coach doesn’t post for the board’s enrichment, he does for the attention. See 90% of his topics.

As well, I never stated Davis was the highest rated player on the Steelers. I posted that PFF rated Davis as their highest increase in ratings player on the Steelers. As for the #40 in the NFL, that is PFF’s rating of individual players, not the actual rating via true statistical methods (Elias, etc). PFF’s ratings are all subjective through proprietary metrics of interpretative analysis. Of which, includes guessing what a player’s responsibility is on a snap without knowing what the play call rationale was for by the coaches and/or audible.

As an analogy, it would be them rating you on how you drive a vehicle in your own neighborhood (with all the nuances that you pick up after years of experiencing it), but without ever driving in that neighborhood and researching others (coaches/players) in the that neighborhood (football snap situation).

As for calling out coach, it’s because he never admits he is wrong. Just ask him if was he wrong in his evaluation of Troy Polamalu.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

Randy Gregory failed the drug test at the combine and had tested positive in college on at least two occasions. All known prior to the draft. Yet you still wanted him in the 1st. If your “evaluations “ involved more than YouTube videos you would realize this.

Yeah he’s clean now. How many times has he been suspended being drafted?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Sure Fan, he does posts a lot, but the majority of the time is for his own amusement, not ours. And for the record, Coach doesn’t post for the board’s enrichment, he does for the attention. See 90% of his topics.

Sorry Ike, but his posts at least focus on some aspect of the team and football. When you and others attack him it contributes nothing and otherwise clutters what could develop into interesting threads.

As well, I never stated Davis was the highest rated player on the Steelers.

That's what your post indicated:

As for calling out coach, it’s because he never admits he is wrong. Just ask him if was he wrong in his evaluation of Troy Polamalu.

Who cares if he doesn't admit he's wrong? The anti-Coach posts are the most annoying things on this board.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Randy Gregory failed the drug test at the combine and had tested positive in college on at least two occasions. All known prior to the draft. Yet you still wanted him in the 1st. If your “evaluations “ involved more than YouTube videos you would realize this.

Yeah he’s clean now. How many times has he been suspended being drafted?

Oh it was more than pot. Gregory has been diagnosed with a bipolar disorder, and used pot to help with it. He also had some self confidence issues. Did you know that before the draft? Medical records like this are seldom public for the fans.

“I think they have diagnosed me with a lot of things at this point,” Gregory said. “I can’t say what I believe what is right and what is wrong. I do trust a doctor’s opinion over mine. But I also understand there is a lot of different things you can do throughout that process to make life easier for yourself. And a lot of those things I was putting in front of myself, self sabotaging. I had to realize that. And grow up a little bit. I think I have. I can’t address the bipolar thing. Anybody that deals with what I have to deal with and gone through what I have gone through and understands the process what I have been through understands that there is obviously a mental aspect to it along with emotional.”

Now it appears he has become well enough to play NFL football well. And he's showing it as a pass rusher.

If you want to learn more, the story is here:

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article216623860.html\

Time will tell if Gregory better than Durpee. I used Gregory to prove you wrong once again. I certainly can admit when I'm wrong. You're a glass house type. Make some predictions from time to time and we'll see what you know.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article216623860.html#storylink=cpy

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

As well, I never stated Davis was the highest rated player on the Steelers. I posted that PFF rated Davis as their highest increase in ratings player on the Steelers. As for the #40 in the NFL, that is PFF’s rating of individual players, not the actual rating via true statistical methods (Elias, etc). PFF’s ratings are all subjective through proprietary metrics of interpretative analysis. Of which, includes guessing what a player’s responsibility is on a snap without knowing what the play call rationale was for by the coaches and/or audible.

As an analogy, it would be them rating you on how you drive a vehicle in your own neighborhood (with all the nuances that you pick up after years of experiencing it), but without ever driving in that neighborhood and researching others (coaches/players) in the that neighborhood (football snap situation).

Wrong again, many of my posts are football related to the board's enrichment. If you want examples I can show you. I put the time in for the Steeler game prediction threads, talk draft, and break many things down with data.

We get it, you love Tomlin and won't be a fan of what I say for the most part. But whether you know it or not, you've become a stalker like a poster. Like a moth is drawn to a neon light, you just can't keep away

I'd guess 200 of your 1,750 posts are replies to mine, therefore I'm your favorite topic. All I ask if you quote me correctly. If I'm wrong, okay I'll admit it....stop lying and say I won't. Hindsight says its more likely the other way around, and that more than anything else is what I think irks you.