• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coca Cola—Be less white

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Nonsense. Telling a person to be less white or less black is racism, point blank, period. I was always taught that racism is bad, and I agree wholeheartedly that it is. Why is it that when it comes to issues that of race that we have to marginalize and destroy one race to raise another? Why is it so hard to lift everyone?

If your experiences with racism and discrimination were as awful as you describe, why would you be ok with it happening to anyone else?
Except that now you can self-identify as someone else. I'm going to self-identify as black and dress like Huggy Bear and if you don't like it, you're a racist.

Huggy Bear.jpg

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
In 2009, I accepted a new position at a new company.
The owner of the company personally came up to me and advised I was not to wear my one earring in my one ear to work, to meet clients, to company events, basically anytime on company time.
Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice, a female employee that is a different color than I was always sporting her nose rings....PLURAL on company time, everywhere I listed above that I was forbidden to wear my earring.
And no, her noseringS were not cultural. She made that abundantly clear.

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
In 2009, I accepted a new position at a new company.
The owner of the company personally came up to me and advised I was not to wear my one earring in my one ear to work, to meet clients, to company events, basically anytime on company time.
Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice, a female employee that is a different color than I was always sporting her nose rings....PLURAL on company time, everywhere I listed above that I was forbidden to wear my earring.
And no, her noseringS were not cultural. She made that abundantly clear.
Are you black?

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score

Supersteeler

Reaction score
It's startling how acceptable and encouraged racism has become in this country. Sad really.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Since I can't edit, referring to my previous post I should add how encouraged racism has become AGAIN in this country. It used to be accepted and encouraged and we all learned from our dark past. At least I thought we did. We seem to be regressing as a society.....quickly.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Racism is basing judgement on some one solely on the color of ones skin, which as everyone with an ounce of intelligence knows is wrong. It's wrong when this applies to blacks
and equally wrong when directed to anyone that happens to be white.

Coca Cola, as well as many other corporations in this country, are doing exactly this, but my guess is that they think it will improve their bottom line.

As an individual, all I can do is choose another product, and hopefully it bites them in the ***.
I truly am under the belief our government was infiltrated decades ago and we slowly witnessed a growth we were blind to see.

That’s my only logical explanation. I think the cold war had a lot more ramifications than we actually know. The laws, lack of morals, double standard racism which is obvious in the way companies condone business now.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I truly am under the belief our government was infiltrated decades ago and we slowly witnessed a growth we were blind to see.

That’s my only logical explanation. I think the cold war had a lot more ramifications than we actually know. The laws, lack of morals, double standard racism which is obvious in the way companies condone business now.
When's the last time you called a government office and the phone was answered by someone other than a black woman?
Remember about 12-15 years ago California voted to eliminate racial quotas in government hiring but not for the reason you think. For the state government to have the same racial proportions as the general population they would have had to hire more white people.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I turned down many jobs because they wanted me to be clean shaven. I refused to shave my goatee. Sometimes, you either go with your gut or give in to the green. Do I regret not giving in and having a good paying job? Nope, I did not want to conform to their "clean image". I didn't take offense to it, so I kept looking.
I think certain companies have a standard, but to inforce this "less" garbage is degrating to any race. If Pepsi told their employees to be and act "less Black", I would expect a heavy, heavy backlash and uprising. It's not right to single out a certain race. Coke can kiss my *** and I hope they realize how they insulted a lot of their customers with that training tool.

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Can you believe those racists at the prestigious law firm won't hire me?

aa9c45bfb4f31768739a7a93bbe39ba2.jpg

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Woke-a-Cola.
Corporations see one party taking control in Washington and the media, and thinking that jumping on the gravy train will increase the bottom line.
I've never understood how taking a public, political stance could be good for business, but I'm not part of the marketing demographic they're focusing on.

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Corporations see one party taking control in Washington and the media, and thinking that jumping on the gravy train will increase the bottom line.
I've never understood how taking a public, political stance could be good for business, but I'm not part of the marketing demographic they're focusing on.
In the restaurant business, I never talked politics or religion.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
wonder where Tibs is

Tryna figure out how he's gonna defend Biden sticking illegal alien kids in cages before he pops back in for a minute before he disappears again for months. Prolly.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
"Certainty" is "white" trait? get the **** outta here.

Corporate America has dress codes for decades. Hell, the NY Yankees under Steinbrenner were never allowed to have long hair or beards.

The list should have read "be more human and less of an *******" and sent to every dumbfuck that works there...inclusivity baby.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
"Certainty" is "white" trait? get the **** outta here.

Corporate America has dress codes for decades. Hell, the NY Yankees under Steinbrenner were never allowed to have long hair or beards.

The list should have read "be more human and less of an *******" and sent to every dumbfuck that works there...inclusivity baby.
See how simple that is?

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I will no longer be purchasing any Coca-Cola brand products. If they hate me for being white I will take my green money someplace else.

I have preferred Pepsi for years. Not many locations sell Pepsi instead of Coke. KFC is one. Wendy's. And this little burger shop in Chicago:

a2e70700-1dc0-4578-a84c-9a81be644138_text_hi.gif

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Whiteness.png

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
This is a great debate - I appreciate!

Here's my answer - please watch "Soul of a Nation" this week. This should provide all the answers to your queries.
Bermuda, we're asking for your opinion on the matter. I'll watch the show as I'm interested in the discussion point, but often times these "stories" are littered with falsehoods, pseudo science, and bias. Your experiences and thoughts are raw and real and appreciated when having these discussions.

On my side, I had a team meeting at work this week and the topic of the back to work policy came up and it quickly turned into a bash conservative mindsets with lots of laughter at the expense of many of my foundational beliefs. Could I say anything on the call? Nope. I'm a contractor on the verge of contract renewal. It's my opinion that there is no demographic more disliked and mocked than a white, straight, conservative, male. For me personally, add on gun owner, military veteran, and the fact that I drive a pickup truck and I'm seen as down right scum. I don't feel like I even belong to this world anymore with all of the fuckery going on around me. Now I'm being asked to be less of who I am as a consideration to minorities who perceive me as a privileged, self entitled, man who should be more than happy to hand over what I've worked my *** off to accomplish.

Please help me understand this