• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Colin Kaepernick reaches settlement with NFL

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
The NFL and lawyers for players Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid jointly announced Friday that they have settled a complaint of collusion by the players, who claimed football team owners blackballed them because they had protested by kneeling during the playing of the National Anthem.

In a joint statement, the parties said: "For the past several months, counsel for Mr. Kaepernick and Mr. Reid have engaged in an ongoing dialogue with representatives of the NFL. As a result of those discussions, the parties have decided to resolve the pending grievances. The resolution of this matter is subject to a confidentiality agreement so there will be no further comment by any party."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/col...n-collusion-case-against-nfl-lawyer-says.html

So a guy is an annoying **** who alienates the fan base so nobody wants him on their team and that's collusion? **** that.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like it was a pay to make the headache go away.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
If it was a play to make the headache go away and the league did nothing, they are pretty stupid. I read undisclosed settlement and non disclosure agreement and I think paper trail and or inside sources. For sure.

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
I love how NOBODY mentions that Kraperdick was benched because he sucked LONG before all this nonsense.
I still feel his kneeling was more to make himself relevant again somehow since his career as a QB was exposed as a flash in the pan fraud.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe...just maybe...no team wanted him anymore because he is rotten.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Money talks,............ or should I say....money can buy your silence. Krapernick was irrelevant as a player who asked out of his $20mil contract. Then wondered why no one would hire him along with the headache / sideshow he brought with. Tebow had a similar problem not being hired but he was moved on non-racially but religiously. ONLY difference was Tebow was a winner.

Salute the nation

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
So he sucks, sucked before any of this started, no one signs him because he sucks, now he's getting paid for sucking? Jarvis Jones is doing a happy dance somewhere.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sucks that he and his attorneys are getting even a dime out of this. He was a ****** player that turned down multiple offers to ride the pine, where he belonged. To try to turn this into a race thing shows just how racist he and his representatives truly are.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Then he turns down an offer to play for the AAF because they wouldn't pay him $20MIL. Sounds like another collusion case.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Goodell is thoroughly incompetent. They are fools to pay a cent. Now Kap and the SJWs will hold this up as proof that he was blackballed for his beliefs.

Eric Reid is actually playing! How the **** can he claim he was blackballed when he was signed and played?

I hope the Ravens sign Kap and it blows that team apart.

Hilarious that Kap paints himself as some civil rights activist but he’s willing to take cash for his troubles. Hey, remember that time MLK ended his protest for a Pepsi ad and a cash settlement?

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Goodell is thoroughly incompetent. They are fools to pay a cent. Now Kap and the SJWs will hold this up as proof that he was blackballed for his beliefs.

Eric Reid is actually playing! How the **** can he claim he was blackballed when he was signed and played?

I hope the Ravens sign Kap and it blows that team apart.

Hilarious that Kap paints himself as some civil rights activist but he’s willing to take cash for his troubles. Hey, remember that time MLK ended his protest for a Pepsi ad and a cash settlement?

Goodell is a shove everything under the carpet kind of leader. Just go away. But sometimes you have to do what is right, and not just cave in to keep things quiet and not ongoing.

Steelers1356

Reaction score
Can I sue for collusion? No NFL team will sign me and it's not fair!

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Can I sue for collusion? No NFL team will sign me and it's not fair!

yes you can! please, step into my office and we can discuss matters
lionel-hutz-05e83418-df7f-4e91-a03b-16a36d2084e-resize-750.jpeg

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
How long before other players start making lawsuits.

bmoritz

Reaction score
I ******* hate the NFL. *******!

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not just the NFL or even this case. This settlement arrangement is pervasive in all court cases, especially when insurance companies are involved...which I'm sure the NFL was represented by their insurance lawyer. Insurance companies have a long history of settling claims just to avoid long expensive court cases, even ones they know they can or will win. Nowadays it is too costly to litigate any case, let alone a complicated multi faceted one.

I had a kid ride his bike into the side of my car while driving home thru my neighberhood, the kid got a ticket for obstructing traffic and I got nuthing but a bill for my deductible on my repair bill. The kids parents were not home and the cops could not find them at the time of the accident but they still sued me for his hospitable bills because I should have know that kids played in the area. ( No..he wasn't hurt but for a bruise on his hip )

Yep, my insurance company settled for $7K just to get rid of the case. My agent called it a nuisance settlement and said it didn't effect my driving record at all.

th

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not just the NFL or even this case. This settlement arrangement is pervasive in all court cases, especially when insurance companies are involved...which I'm sure the NFL was represented by their insurance lawyer. Insurance companies have a long history of settling claims just to avoid long expensive court cases, even ones they know they can or will win. Nowadays it is too costly to litigate any case, let alone a complicated multi faceted one.

I had a kid ride his bike into the side of my car while driving home thru my neighberhood, the kid got a ticket for obstructing traffic and I got nuthing but a bill for my deductible on my repair bill. The kids parents were not home and the cops could not find them at the time of the accident but they still sued me for his hospitable bills because I should have know that kids played in the area. ( No..he wasn't hurt but for a bruise on his hip )

Yep, my insurance company settled for $7K just to get rid of the case. My agent called it a nuisance settlement and said it didn't effect my driving record at all.

th

only reason it is settled

here is your answer....

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I love how NOBODY mentions that Kraperdick was benched because he sucked LONG before all this nonsense.
I still feel his kneeling was more to make himself relevant again somehow since his career as a QB was exposed as a flash in the pan fraud.

Yep. Piece of **** fraud riled up some racisl tensions just to keep his flash in the pan career prolonged.
He has no choice but to owe the community some monetary and "social" deeds.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
So he sucks, sucked before any of this started, no one signs him because he sucks, now he's getting paid for sucking? Jarvis Jones is doing a happy dance somewhere.

But Jarvis didn't kneel and draw attention to himself.
I'm sure Uncle JJ is using his nfl money wisely