• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 13 Rivalry Week

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Good game by ttun. Let's go Dawgs

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
How about the Wolverines. Congrats to Harbaugh, Michigan and their fans. That was an entertaining game to watch.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I really thought Ohio State was on the way to a National Championship. I predict Michigan either loses the Big 10 Championship or gets blown out in playoffs.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Blame this loss on Ryan Day. Too pass happy in the first half snow and ran when he should have thrown in the second half. That said, ttun played their ***** off and I won't even try to take that away from them. Congratulations on your first win against tOSU in 10 years and 2nd in 17 years. ;)

rpollock

Reaction score
Can the Buckeyes go to the Rose Bowl for a rematch against Oregon if Mich wins the B1G?

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought the refs in our games were bad but damn! Michigan definitely had the refs in their pockets today. I have no dog in this hunt either. The refs called terrible penalties on OSU and didn't call obvious penalties on Michigan. With that said, Michigan did impose their will running the ball down Ohio States throats. That was impressive. The penalties very well could have changed the outcome but we'll never know.

rpollock

Reaction score
Now watch the Bengals complete the sweep, to round out my nightmare of a football weekend.

rpollock

Reaction score
I think all the young buckeyes didn't really understand what this game really meant, but they will learn from this and move on. Mich just wanted it more today. They need to get the defense figured out for next year though. Imagine a top 15 defense to go with that offense.

MeanJim

Forefather
Reaction score
I thought the refs in our games were bad but damn! Michigan definitely had the refs in their pockets today. I have no dog in this hunt either. The refs called terrible penalties on OSU and didn't call obvious penalties on Michigan. With that said, Michigan did impose their will running the ball down Ohio States throats. That was impressive. The penalties very well could have changed the outcome but we'll never know.
The refs were pretty one sided, sure, but this loss is on the defense and the coaches. If a team is running it down your throat (and they did it from the very beginning), you have to make adjustments. Put 8 or 9 in the box and make them beat you through the air. Season is over, I don't even care about the meaningless bowl.

Wasted year for a receiving corps that is way better than most NFL teams, most certainly the Steelers'.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I think all the young buckeyes didn't really understand what this game really meant, but they will learn from this and move on. Mich just wanted it more today. They need to get the defense figured out for next year though. Imagine a top 15 defense to go with that offense.
They need to get a cohesive defensive style of play together. This year was a cobbled together mess of the **** Kerry Coombs had them playing early and the style the new defensive play caller wanted to play using Coombs' defense. Toss Coombs' **** out and start fresh.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
So much fun to watch that Michigan offensive line just dominate Ohio State's defensive front. Huge running lanes all day for the Wolverines. Hutchinson with a terrific game as well.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Auburn’s defense is playing solid. Wonder how much Bo Nix would’ve made a difference?

Entertaining Iron Bowl. These two teams are always a tough go

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Not shocked at all with PSU losing to a depleted MSU. So looking forward to another 10 years of 7 win seasons....but Franklin is a great recruiter I hear. No Veilleux (yeah, I get Clifford is the starter but he's so average) and I haven't seen Tengwall.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just tuning in...just got back to SLC.

This game is not making me happy!!!
Yeah Auburn, especially on defense is giving it everything. No offense Berm, I hope Auburn takes a lot out of you guys

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah Auburn, especially on defense is giving it everything. No offense Berm, I hope Auburn takes a lot out of you guys
As you should...I see that our #1 WR was disqualified for targeting. It's going to be a tough second half...

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Houston took care of business 45-17

They did lose their top RB in the second quarter and top Wr in the 3rd Hopefully both are available next week against Cincy for the AAC championship

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Watching 'Bama/Auburn and seeing Young playing like he is has me wondering how much Williams made him look good. Earlier in the season, I would have said it was the other way around. He just seems kinda tentative with his passes and without chemistry with the other receivers today. Of course, Auburn's D is probably playing a big part in that.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Shoulda stayed quiet on that. He's been playing better since I made that comment. lol

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Refs taking over the 'Bama/Auburn game this series. Hate to see it.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Auburn with a huge stop on fourth and one. That should do it.