• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 13 Rivalry Week

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Love watching the arrogant Buckeyes get ***** slapped once again.
"Once again"

Excellence breeds jealousy, it is what it is

Steelmann

Reaction score
Rarely watch College Games, have watched about 5 of the PITT games to check out our new QB. KP looks good again, just beat Maino’s td record.
I am certainly no draft guru, but many here do not consider KP a great prospect. Reasons? I see him making great throws all the time. Doesn’t dial in to one read only. Runs when he needs to. Makes clutch first downs. Seems like a team player, good guy. Uses his TE’s. I would love this guy on our team. I think he will go higher than our pick.

Watched the Michigan-Ohio game. Great game from a fans perspective. Could you imagine being there? What a blast! Talk about physically beating the **** out of another team. That’s how you close out the second half against a favoured team. Cram it up their throats.

That WR,KR from Oklahoma would look good in Black & Gold. We sorely need speed. He looks good. Too bad we don’t seem to have any extra luxury picks.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Should be but never happen
1. Georgia
2. Cincy
3. Michigan
4. Notre Dame
5. Alabama
6. Ok Stat

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
another game given away by PSU. The weather definitely favored MSU and their power style. But the main reason for this loss was Penn State's offensive play calling. Mich State is the worst pass defense in all of football. PSU was carving them up in the first half. Then in the second half on a sloppy field they somehow want to establish the run?

By my count Clifford only had 9 pass attempts in the 2nd half prior to their last drive. That is inexcusable. And i don't give a **** if you say that MSU was showing them looks that meant you should run. Of course they were you ******* dummy. That's a trap because they want you to do anything other than pass on them.

Clifford should have thrown 50 passes and Dortson should have had about 20 catches because they couldn't cover him.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
No way Notre Dame should be in and Cincy out. They beat them. But a better question is why should Bama be in and Notre Dame out. Bama has had a lot of shity performances and they are both 11-1. Notre Dame's schedule is much more difficult..

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I still like the Franklin contract. As usual, the media sucks. They keep making it out like the gave Franklin some huge pay raise. In reality, Franklin's old contract went through 2025 I believe and with this new deal he's only making slightly more per year. In terms of money, it's not much of a raise. But the reason it's a good deal is because part of it is investment in new facilities and in assistant salaries.

Part of the struggles is that PSU has lost many assistants, particularly on the offensive side. Michigan's OC Josh Gattis was at PSU and took the same job (WR coach) at Bama for more money. They lost another guy to West Virginia. Lost OC Moorhead to Miss State.

Penn State's President may retire soon and their AD may as well. If the new Prez is not all in on athletics then maybe he would not have invested the necessary resources. This deal will make sure a new administration is invested.

Franklin and Tomlin are similar. Both make mistakes that are frustrating but when you look at the big picture, both are without a doubt in the top tier of coaches.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
No way Notre Dame should be in and Cincy out. They beat them. But a better question is why should Bama be in and Notre Dame out. Bama has had a lot of shity performances and they are both 11-1. Notre Dame's schedule is much more difficult..

Nope, an SEC schedule is akin to an NFL schedule. It is known.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Ohio State lost because they're soft. Same reason they lost to Oregon. It gives me hope that maybe OSU is vulnerable for the future.

People love them some "genius" playcallers. So many times we see one of these guys take over a team that is tough and can run the ball and plays great defense but may struggle a bit on offense. The genius makes the offense better and maybe they win some more games, but then slowly that physicality of run game and defense erodes.

We saw that with Charlie Weis at ND. Took over a solid team that needed better playcalling and he won immediately. Then it all went to **** because coaching is more than calling plays.

We may be seeing that happen to the Rams and McVey. Say what you want about Jeff Fisher but he built a tough *** team that had a dominant defense and physical run game. Now that defense is no longer elite and the run game is not as good. They are trying to fix it with Stafford and OBJ.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't get the game but I checked score occasionally. GLAD

Salute the nation
Anytime the Dawgs play Auburn, Florida or Tech and it’s a blowout in the Dawgs favor. MTC approves.

I will approve a blowout win in the Dawgs favor next week. Alabama doesn’t seem like the powerhouse they once were. Passing of the torch maybe. Saban to Smart?

Berm’s Bama boys are like the evil empire of college football at the moment.

;)

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The refs were pretty one sided, sure, but this loss is on the defense and the coaches. If a team is running it down your throat (and they did it from the very beginning), you have to make adjustments. Put 8 or 9 in the box and make them beat you through the air. Season is over, I don't even care about the meaningless bowl.

Wasted year for a receiving corps that is way better than most NFL teams, most certainly the Steelers'.
As much as I hate bot Hairball's, with him getting rid of all of his assistants and bringing in young coaches with fresh ideas, their run game is brutal. They dominated OSU from that standpoint and that is why they won. OSU almost could have had it but with Haskins and their O-line, they dominated.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
How does ND even be ranked where they do they played a three win team last night. Wow they beat GT and navy that schedule is really tough Squeaked by VT. Kind of show this committee cares only about name brand

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Georgia appears ready to dominate what's left of the year end match ups.

Some of the bowl games maybe entertaining, but the Dawgs win the big prize.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Georgia appears ready to dominate what's left of the year end match ups.

Some of the bowl games maybe entertaining, but the Dawgs win the big prize.

As little as I know of college football I too see the Bulldogs as champions and doubtful they play Bama in the championship game.

Salute the nation

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
So it’s Michigan & Iowa in the Big 10 championship?

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I have
Georgia
Michigan
Cincy
Ok St.

Alot can change after next week. Georgia will be in no matter what. Michigan, Cincy, and Ok St all have tough games. If Bama beats Georgia they will sneak in. If my other 3 teams win out not sure who gets the boot in that scenario. Next week will be fun

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I am certainly no draft guru, but many here do not consider KP a great prospect. Reasons? I see him making great throws all the time. Doesn’t dial in to one read only. Runs when he needs to. Makes clutch first downs. Seems like a team player, good guy. Uses his TE’s. I would love this guy on our team. I think he will go higher than our pick.
I view Pickett as a good, not great prospect and see him as more of a second-round prospect. On the right situation, he can be a very good QB, just not a special franchise one unless he develops a lot more.

Pickett hs played in an NFL offense under Whipple, has improved his accuracy, and moves nicely through his progressions. He has good arm strength and can make almost any throw while displaying sneaky athleticism and the ability to make plays out of structure. He is tough and a good leader.

What holds me back on Pickett are a couple of things. He is closer to maxed out than some of the other QBs. Granted he has a higher floor than them, but a lower ceiling. My biggest concerns are he likes to escape the pocket sooner than he should—he gets happy feet when under pressure and rolls out. His precision on throws just isn’t there enough. They’re catchable balls, but not always balls the receiver can go get and get YAC. Mechanically he needs work as well as he likes to throw off the run. Sails some passes as he tends to lean back when he throws. Lastly, he has no elite traits, just a bunch of good ones. He isn’t a guy who is going to take over a game by himself right now and instead does need help from the ground game.

With good coaching and a solid roster, Pickett can be a guy who contends for divisions and the playoffs. Without that, he’ll keep you in the middle of the pack. The way the Steelers are constructed, I’m not sure if he’s the right answer at this time.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
How does ND even be ranked where they do they played a three win team last night. Wow they beat GT and navy that schedule is really tough Squeaked by VT. Kind of show this committee cares only about name brand
When you win all but one game you’re going to be ranked. They aren’t going to make the playoffs because they aren’t in a conference and will be penalized for not playing in a conference championship game. They’ll need quite a few losses by teams in title games next week to even have a chance.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I still like the Franklin contract. As usual, the media sucks. They keep making it out like the gave Franklin some huge pay raise. In reality, Franklin's old contract went through 2025 I believe and with this new deal he's only making slightly more per year. In terms of money, it's not much of a raise. But the reason it's a good deal is because part of it is investment in new facilities and in assistant salaries.

Part of the struggles is that PSU has lost many assistants, particularly on the offensive side. Michigan's OC Josh Gattis was at PSU and took the same job (WR coach) at Bama for more money. They lost another guy to West Virginia. Lost OC Moorhead to Miss State.

Penn State's President may retire soon and their AD may as well. If the new Prez is not all in on athletics then maybe he would not have invested the necessary resources. This deal will make sure a new administration is invested.

Franklin and Tomlin are similar. Both make mistakes that are frustrating but when you look at the big picture, both are without a doubt in the top tier of coaches.
For a team that consistently recruits top 15 classes with one of the highest recruiting budgets in the nation Penn State does continually disappoint, especially when they like to think of themselves as one of the nationally relevant teams in the same tier as the Alabamas and Ohio States of college football.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
For a team that consistently recruits top 15 classes with one of the highest recruiting budgets in the nation Penn State does continually disappoint, especially when they like to think of themselves as one of the nationally relevant teams in the same tier as the Alabamas and Ohio States of college football.
Franklins signing was for his ability to recruit. I guess they’re hoping the players start winning games and overcome their own coach.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Franklins signing was for his ability to recruit. I guess they’re hoping the players start winning games and overcome their own coach.
I think Franklin is the perfect fit for that school. His arrogance matches that of the fanbase and really, are they going to get a better coach? He has three 11-win seasons and averages 9 wins per season (excluding 2020). That's pretty good.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Lincoln Riley to USC

he knows his candy *** style of play won't work in the SEC. He'll go to Cali where QBs grow on trees and win a shitload of games then get blown out in the playoffs. Just like Oklahoma.

It could be a blessing in disguise for OK though. Now they can get a football coach and not a play caller.

Bob stoops could probably ask for whatever he wants.