• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 13

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
College Football Week 13

Putting this one up early because i may not be around for this weekend.

It's hard to believe it's the last week of the regular season AKA Rivalry week

Michigan State at 11 Penn State Saturday 4:00 FS1 PSU -18
Mich State needs to win to be bowl eligible. Penn State needs to win to secure a New Year's 6 bowl and may have a small shot at the Rose if both Mich and Ohio State make the playoff.

Penn State's defense has really evolved and become dominant despite being without Joey Porter Jr for the last few games. I heard a stat that 15 different players have a sack for PSU which shows you how many players they are rotating.

PSU is still without 2 starters on OL but they've still played well particularly run blocking. Mich State's secondary is awful so there may be some opportunities in the passing game. Will they want to scheme up a few big plays for Sean Clifford in his last game at Beaver Stadium? Most fans are hoping for a big lead and more Drew Allar in the second half.

Thanksgiving Day
Miss State at 20 Ole Miss 7:00 ESPN Ole Miss -2

The Egg Bowl. Ole MIss got beta bad by Arkansas and rumors are that Kiffin has 1 foot out the door. He has assured his team that he is not going anywhere, which is what just about every coach says before he leaves. Some say he's headed to Auburn. Is that really a step up?

Friday Games

Just a side note.

USA vs England World cup is on FOX at 2:00.

If the turkey isn't enough to put you to sleep, give this a try. It comes to you from Qatar who only killed 6500 "migrant workers" in building the stadiums.

19 Tulane at 24 Cincinnati 12:00 ABC Cin -2
The American Athletic Conference Championship is on the line! It;s on TV and you can bet on it.

Baylor at 23 Texas 12:00 ESPN Tex -6.5
Texas had an uneven year but they have loads of young talent.

Florida at 16 Florida State 7:30 FSU -9.5
used to be a big game but now an afterthought. The wheels came of Florida this year but FSU is looking to finish up a good season in their rebuilding process.

Saturday Games

3 Michigan at 2 Ohio State 12:00 FOX OSU -7.5

Michigan RB Blake Corum was injured last week vs Illinois and without him the offense couldn't do much. It was the first game where Michigan's run game was slowed and it wasn't pretty. QB JJ McCarthy was spotty. But Illinois had their own sluggish offense which meant Mich didn't need much.

Mich likely won't be able to beat Ohio State with just 19 points.

College's don't have to give injury info like the NFL so it is unknown if Corum will play. It seems unlikely.

Ohio State was pushed by Penn State and Maryland. Ryan Day seemed determined to work on the run game. Have they been holding back to surprise Michigan? I'm not so sure. This will be the first really good passing game that Michigan has faced.
The winner is in the playoff. The loser still may have a shot if it's a close game.

Georgia Tech at 1 Georgia 12:00 ESPN UGA -35.5
Georgia should be able to sleepwalk and win this one. They win this game and they are in the playoff, even if they somehow lost the SEC Championship to LSU. That brings up the question, is Georgia better off tanking vs LSU? What if Georgia thinks that LSU is easier to beat than Bama, USC, and the OSU/Michigan loser? By losing to LSU, it would likely mean LSU gets in the playoff along with Georgia and essentiall knock out what may be a tougher opponent.

South Carolina at 8 Clemson 12:00 ABC Clem -14.5
who was the SC team that showed up vs Tenn last week? Will that team show up vs Clemson or will it be the mediocre team that played the rest of their games? Clemson is still in the playoff mix if they win this game.

Auburn at 7 Alabama 3:30 CBS Ala -22
The Iron Bowl - Auburn fired thier coach a few week back and is now under interim coach Cadillac Williams. Rumors are that Auburn is going after Lane Kiffin. I've also heard Deon Sanders but i can't see them hiring such an inexperienced coach. Auburn needs this to be bowl eligible but let's face it. This is their bowl game. Bama still has a chance at a playoff spot. A loss may not really change their bowl much.

9 Oregon vs 21 Oregon State 3:30 ABC Ore -3
Formerly known as the Civil War but since the state is now populated mainly by weak loser hipsters, they can't have that anymore. Oregon will face USC in the PAC 12 Championship with a win.

Iowa State at 4 TCU 4:00 FOX TCU -10
Once again, most fans are rooting against TCU to get them out of the playoff. Iowa State is only 4-7 but they always play tough so this is not a gimmie if TCU looks ahead to the Big 12 Champ game.

6 LSU at Texas A&M 7:00 ESPN LSU -10
TAM is only 4-7. Could Jimbo Fisher be in trouble? TAM had the top recruiting class last year and that potential may get Fisher 1 more year. Saban laughably accused TAM of paying players. Their boosters may have to pay some of them to stay after this season. LSU is locked into the SEC Champ game but they must win this one if they want to keep their playoff hopes alive.

15 Notre Dame at 6 USC 7:30 ABC USC -5.5
After a rough start, Notre Dame put together a good season. They haven't faced an offense like USC though. USC needs to win to keep playoff hopes alive. By kickoff we will know the results of most of the games of the day, so a bunch of teams will be needing a USC loss to keep their own playoff hopes alive.

Pitt at Miami 8:00 ACCN Pitt -6.5
Miami needs this to be bowl eligible. Pitt needs it to get a good bowl. Miami fired Many Diaz to bring in Cristobal from Oregon and it has not been pretty. Diaz landed on his feet as DC at Penn State and may win the Broyles award for assistant coach of the year. Miami still has boosters with money but how long will they throw that money at a loser?

Happy Thanksgiving

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
as always I am thankful for tape's college football thread....

Especially on this day.

My turkey day tip....take Miss. St and the points tonite.

Have a great day !

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If a 1 loss team is getting in the playoffs, it should be the loser in the Ohio State and Michigan game especially if the winner goes on to win the Big 10 championship to stay undefeated. As much as I don't like both teams, they deserve to get in ahead of Alabama or any 2-loss team and even just about any 1-loss team.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Michigan is getting bullied so far. How Penn State lost by 30 to that **** show is beyond me.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Coach Canada is calling plays for Ohio St....
Day is one of those "offensive guru" types that wants to show you he can beat your strength rather than just playing to his team's. Pisses me off!

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm waiting on someone to criticize Coach Tomlin on time management again. Coach Harbaugh makes Coach Tomlin look like Coach Lombardi when it comes to time management!!!

MeanJim

Forefather
Reaction score
Buckeyes seem to be taking unnecessary risks (and getting burnt) in a game they're generally dominating.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
That end of half management was awful.

Georgia is in a tight game with Georgia Tech right now.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Matt Rhule to the B1G (Nebraska). There's your candy bar

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Buckeyes seem to be taking unnecessary risks (and getting burnt) in a game they're generally dominating.
Here's my take - over confidence.

Ohio St. could have put Michigan to sleep early but called two weird plays on 3rd down(s) that resulted in them punting the ball away or FGs...

If Michigan gets stopped on this first drive - it's night night for them...

Pittsburgh Charlie

Forefather
Reaction score
Not expecting my wolverines to win this one,too many injuries taking us out of our game plan.
Just hope final score is close