• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 14 - Championship Week

Pittsburgh Charlie

Forefather
Reaction score
How does Michigan stay at #2 if #1 loses??? And how does #3 somersault #2 to get to #1??? I understand #3 convincingly beat #1 but I don't understand the logic here...
By body of work
Bamas strength of schedule was a lot harder than Michigan and they were 9-1 against the top 40 where Michigan was only 4-1

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
no one is crying about it jackass

did someone from UH piss in your wheaties at some point? You certainly have a hardon against them
You were crying about it, ****-for-brains.

troymania

Reaction score
I was really pulling for Houston being an ND fan but it wasn't meant to be. Cincy should be Number 3. They should have had Bama & Georgia play first. Cincy is already 13.5 point dogs.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I was really pulling for Houston being an ND fan but it wasn't meant to be. Cincy should be Number 3. They should have had Bama & Georgia play first. Cincy is already 13.5 point dogs.
that wasn't going to happen ESP...uh the committee wants a rematch for the National Championship

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Here's what we could've had with a 12-team playoff:

5. Notre Dame vs. 12. Pitt (winner plays 4. Cincinnati)
6. Ohio State vs. 11. Utah (winner plays 3. Georgia)
7. Baylor vs. 10. Michigan State (winner plays 2. Michigan)
8. Ole Miss vs. 9. Oklahoma State (winner plays 1. Alabama)

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
So then why was Alabama #3 going into yesterdays games and not #2.
Probably because they had close games and should have lost last week. Then they came out and throttled the #1 team. Michigan could have moved up to #1, but Iowa did not have a particularly good 2nd half of the season and were probably way over ranked. I can understand not wanting Bama and Georgia to play back to back and I think its hard to rank Cinci higher than 4 just based on schedule and they had some close games against inferior teams.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
that wasn't going to happen ESP...uh the committee wants a rematch for the National Championship
It’s definitely the committee. Espns college gameday analyst have been critical of the way they rank surprisingly.

Regardless, my boys are in and need to make the most out of it. Get that bama game out the mind and get back to business

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Early lines
Georgia -7.5
Alabama -13.5

I expect the Bama line will go up. If you want to be Bama, do it now while it's under 14. I expect the Georgia line to go down as Michigan fans will probably bet the Christmas Club money.

As a fan of a Big Ten team, i guess i have no choice but to root for a rival to win cuz of conference pride or something. **** that. Go Bulldogs. Get up 50 then onside kick it.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Here's what we could've had with a 12-team playoff:

5. Notre Dame vs. 12. Pitt (winner plays 4. Cincinnati)
6. Ohio State vs. 11. Utah (winner plays 3. Georgia)
7. Baylor vs. 10. Michigan State (winner plays 2. Michigan)
8. Ole Miss vs. 9. Oklahoma State (winner plays 1. Alabama)
Still would love to see a ND/Pitt New years Day Bowl game.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
how embarrassing will it be when cincy knocks bama out of the playoffs?
I don't see that happening in a million years. Cincy is the most overrated team in the top 10. They played one ranked team all season in ND. There is not a team in the top 10 that would not have the same record if they played the same schedule.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I don't see that happening in a million years. Cincy is the most overrated team in the top 10. They played one ranked team all season in ND. There is not a team in the top 10 that would not have the same record if they played the same schedule.
I believe SMU was ranked until they lost to cincy and UH is still #20 in the CFP

I don't see it happening either

Just have to **** with berm a bit

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Just another point on how this new college OT with the 2 point conversions needs to go. Bama is now in the playoff and could possibly win a championship but it could have all been derailed on 1 off target throw like the ravens to Andrews. That could have easily happened to Bama vs Auburn. Single play could have changed the whole playoff.

They have to get rid of that stupid OT rule.

Vader

Reaction score
I agree with tape. The OT rules in college are absolutely stupid. This isn't hockey.... there aren't any penalty shots in football. I'm not sure what the answer is but I know this isn't it.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I agree with tape. The OT rules in college are absolutely stupid. This isn't hockey.... there aren't any penalty shots in football. I'm not sure what the answer is but I know this isn't it.
It was an overcorrection of the 2018 game between LSU and Texas A&M. The rule is dumb. It doesn't resemble anything about the usual game play of football and maybe most importantly, it isn't entertaining.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
The justification is that they are concerned with the number of total plays. That’s bullshit. If they were truly concerned about that they would outlaw all of the hurry up offense that has teams trying to snap it ASAP on nearly every play of the game. Also, fatigue is a major factor in injuries. You are far more likely to get injured when you’re tired. Oh, but that favors offense and high scoring so that’s just fine.

If they were truly concerned about safety, then would not allow a snap for like 15 seconds between plays. You could of course make exceptions of allowing quick snaps in final 2 minutes of 1st half and for the 4th quarter, but other than that no more rapid fire plays. That alone would shave off tons of plays per game.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree that college OT rules should be changed to make them more similar to how real-life football games are played. But as far as rules prohibiting players from touching the ball, that's just silly. Just like in a real game, players can touch the ball.
Nevertheless, I love college football, I played on the tear myself in college and dreamed of becoming a professional soccer player. Since then, my interests have changed, I stopped playing, but I still love watching college football games, website.
Lol. China send you?