• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 3

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
late flag. Should have been intentional grounding play before.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Penn State Safety Jaquan Brisker could be the steelers 1st round pick next year. He's versatile. He is physical vs the run and can cover. He's also from Pittsburgh. May be able to be a slot defender in big nickel packages.

Are we sure the Steelers will re-sign Minkah? I'm sure they'd like to but just like JuJu they may not have the cash after paying Watt. Even if they do keep Minkah, they can still use another piece in that secondary and an upgrade to Edmunds. Edmunds isn't bad but he just isn't natural in coverage.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Penn State does have some big recruits coming next year. 5 star Commit Drew Allar threw for 500 yards and 5 TD last week. Ohio State has offered him recently but he has said he's firm to PSU to play for OC Mike Yurcich. This year though it's Clifford or nothing as last year's backup Will Levis transferred to Kentucky where he's starting.
Do you think Franklin will recruit him to USC when he gets hired there after the season?

As far as the Pitt game today...is anyone really surprised? Start to build some momentum and immediately lose a game like that. It's what Pitt always does. I want Narduzzi to be successful here, but it's the same thing every year. If he is ever going to elevate the program, he has to win games against teams like Western Michigan when his QB throws for 6 touchdowns. Pitt will of course do nothing and continue to be satisfied with 7-6 records every year.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Gator D is looking better as the game goes on.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
It has turned into a game, maybe. Alabama just dropped a TD in the endzone.
It’s turned into a game for sure. Florida is playing tough. I need bama to win though. Would make the east easier for my dawgs

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
i really don't think Franklin is going to USC. He has a great agent who puts his name out there for all these jobs and then he gets a raise. Saban does the same. Or at least he has done the same multiple times. Another part of it is Franklin has been pushing for new facilities at PSU and they are being built. This is more leverage to get facilities built.

I actually think Bill O'Brien could be the guy for USC. He has the NFL pedigree they like. He won at PSU and he's getting some Bama experience this year. With college football about to be destroyed by players getting paid, BOB wouldn't even have to recruit that hard. USC boosters will do it for him. Also, the egghead administrators will like that BOB is an Ivy League guy.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Then again, if Harbaugh gets curb stomped by Ohio State again, maybe he bolts to USC.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Why the **** didn't Franklin punt the ball. Pin em, trust your 'D'. They punt, flIp the field, etc. Gave Auburn great position and a field goal. Damn.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Great win by The Mountaineers
#8 on D Van Darius Cowan went to my church i
I listened to it on the WVU app. It got a little too close for comfort there at the end. Good thing I didn't see it

I'm not sure if playing VT again will become a trend but as a fan I really appreciate playing the old and local rivals. They play Oklahoma next week. Great team but there's no longstanding rivalry there or with any of the Big 12 teams. I wish we could go back to playing Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers, BC, Maryland, even Penn State. I was at their last game against Penn State to clinch an undefeated regular season. Wild time for sure.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Penn State Safety Jaquan Brisker could be the steelers 1st round pick next year. He's versatile. He is physical vs the run and can cover. He's also from Pittsburgh. May be able to be a slot defender in big nickel packages.

Are we sure the Steelers will re-sign Minkah? I'm sure they'd like to but just like JuJu they may not have the cash after paying Watt. Even if they do keep Minkah, they can still use another piece in that secondary and an upgrade to Edmunds. Edmunds isn't bad but he just isn't natural in coverage.

NOT to high-jack but I sign Minka over JuJu.

Salute the nation

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
I keep trying to figure out how Pitt plans to blow its season this year… a loss this week or next would qualify…
Well that was fast. I graduated in 76 and have accepted the fact that I will never see the likes of those teams again. It was a great time to go to school though.

Reactions: JMM

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Did PSU get screwed out of a play?

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Targeting is such a ****** rule.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
PSU off. coord. gets too cute. After the targeting, they have the ball at the half yard line and move backwards.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
PSU got screwed on that fourth down too. That big boy was still moving and the line pushed him to the 1st down. Bad mark.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
State playing soft defense all night. Surely they aren't scared of Bo Nix.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
That was a sweet late hit if you're an Auburn fan.

• Haha
Reactions: GMC