• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 9

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well UH pulled out the victory with a KR for a TD with 17 seconds left in the game. SMU had tied it up with a field goal with about 30 seconds left and Jones took it to the house to break the tie and send us home happy

He also had a pick and several tackles. The kid is dam good, I just wish he was a bit bigger

they also have a SR receiver named Dell who had 3 TD catches tonight, he would certainly look good in black and gold

Glad for you and the outcome. Thanks for the accounting of the players.

Salute the nation

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Georgia is the best team in the country and it's not close. I know Alabama fans don't want to admit that, but it's reality. The only team that can keep Georgia from winning the NC this year is Georgia.
I disagree. The thing is - if Bama wins the SEC championship (and I do think the advantage is w/ the Tide)...Does GA still get a shot at the playoffs??? I would be PISSED if they don't!!!

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Well UH pulled out the victory with a KR for a TD with 17 seconds left in the game. SMU had tied it up with a field goal with about 30 seconds left and Jones took it to the house to break the tie and send us home happy

He also had a pick and several tackles. The kid is dam good, I just wish he was a bit bigger

they also have a SR receiver named Dell who had 3 TD catches tonight, he would certainly look good in black and gold
Dri Archer 3.0!!!

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
I kinda hope Georgia goes balls deep in Alabama whenever the time comes. It should be an interesting game to watch, but I doubt it will live up to the MSU/UofM game yesterday. That was a great game to watch. You have to give MSU credit, but it certainly felt like Michigan snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. UofM didn't seem to be the beneficiary of any calls yesterday. I still can't believe they took the one TD off the board toward the end of the first half. That wreaked of home cooking or perhaps just poor officiating.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I kinda hope Georgia goes balls deep in Alabama whenever the time comes. It should be an interesting game to watch, but I doubt it will live up to the MSU/UofM game yesterday. That was a great game to watch. You have to give MSU credit, but it certainly felt like Michigan snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. UofM didn't seem to be the beneficiary of any calls yesterday. I still can't believe they took the one TD off the board toward the end of the first half. That wreaked of home cooking or perhaps just poor officiating.
I think that once GA's run game is shut down...Bama should have the edge.

I hope...

Reactions: MTC

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score

I hope...
I haven't really watched either team play much, and I have no love or hate for either team, although I did live in Georgia for 8-9 years. I'm probably just tired of Alabama, like most non-Alabama football fans I guess. I would still pull for them against most non-SEC teams.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
For Brian Kelly to have this version of Notre Dame football at one loss is a testament to his ability to adjust game plans to accommodate his players strengths...Especially on the offensive side of the ball, which is his specialty...

If Tomlin ever steps down...he would be my first choice as possible replacement.
If he would be interested...which he probably wouldnt be...
But one can wish...

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

I hope...
You should hope UGA’s passing game is shutdown. I’ll say this. If Bennett starts, bama wins.

If Daniels starts, bama is going to have a hard time. Alabama struggles against stout Olines and quarterbacks with nfl potential. Deshaun Watson, Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow comes to mind. Alabama is used to controlling the trenches. So to beat a team like that, you spread them out. Underneath routes, dink and dunk and let it rip on occasion. JT Daniels has that accuracy and a good deep ball to boot.

Cbs showed when Stetson led his receiver on the inside instead of outside. 9 out of 10 times. Daniels would’ve put the ball on the outside for his receiver.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
If Clifford dosen't turn the ball over PSU wins last night. He is hurt, playing about 70 percent of his potential and not having a running game has doomed the lions.

My takeaway from the game last night is you OSU guys aren't winning a NC with that CJ kid.

He just doesn't seem to have "it".

I don't think they can win with him this year. He's too inexperienced. You could see he was confused by Penn State's defense. But he's good and will get better.

OSu has last year's #1 QB Quinn Ewers on the bench. I'm guessing he transfers and probably gets paid a shitload by the winning school. USC maybe? Texas? Maybe Georgia. Would Notre Dame sully themselves by paying for a QB?