• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Color me crazy but I think the Titans have a good chance @ NE......

Chicoman

Reaction score
I'm not saying they will beat them but Tennessee matches up very well vs NE.

If Mariotta can avoid the turnovers I think Derrick Henry has a legit chance to help Tennessee control the clock using their ball control style offense and the Cheats O-line is going to have their hands full with the Titans front 7!

You watch this could very well be the upset special this weekend!

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
No chance in hell. You have a better chance of winning the lotto than Al Riveron and the cheats not pulling off a win against the mediocre ****.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

If Mariotta can avoid the turnovers I think Derrick Henry has a legit chance to help Tennessee control the clock using their ball control style offense and the Cheats O-line is going to have their hands full with the Titans front 7!

My favorite part of the game was when Dick Lebeau, 80 years young huddled up his defense. I don't know what he did or said, but the Titan's defense didn't give up any points in the second half.

Teams with dominant Defensive lines or running QB's can give the Patriots some fits.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Tennessee is similar to Buf with a better QB and Buf usually plays them pretty tough. I think they can give them a game. I highly doubt many gave Tenn any chance at KC either. I would rather play the Pats with both teams at full strength though.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Tennessee is similar to Buf with a better QB and Buf usually plays them pretty tough. I think they can give them a game. I highly doubt many gave Tenn any chance at KC either. I would rather play the Pats with both teams at full strength though.

At the same time KC regressed after their hot start and loss their TE in the game. You are talking Alex compared to Tom Lady.

That would be the greatest upset in the history of sports.

With Al RIveron on speed dial I doubt it is even close.

You will see penalty flags fly out of the refs *** every time the **** sneeze.

Stewey

Reaction score

Then what's the point of it all? lol

Steel G

Reaction score
The Titans haven't beaten the Cheats since 2002, so their either doomed or due.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Tennessee has to play a perfect game to win. Penalties have to be cut. Can't drop any balls and they've got to hit Brady. I will go out on a limb and say they'll get their ***** handed to them.

mdk2

Reaction score
I think Titans can definitely run the ball on them. They'll need to get a couple turnovers and not turn it over themselves to have a chance.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be satisfied if they can get after Tommy a LotSa little bit.

Thought you could use a little help and YES, Lance br*dy needs hit and NOT the kind of hit that Jeri Ryan needs.

Salute the nation

Last edited:

SteelerAl

Reaction score
I think Derrick Henry's straight ahead running style is a terrible matchup vs. Pats D. I think the Pats will stuff the Titans running game fairly easily. To keep the game close, Mariotta is going to have to play out of his mind and use his legs quite a bit. The Titans defense has an All-Pro safety who (in theory) should be able to contain Gronk, but they were getting torched by Kelce before he got hurt.

Let's not kid ourselves, the Titans only won because Kelce did get hurt. I do think the Titans pass rush could make Brady a tad uncomfortable though. Their run D is pretty stout as well.

steelhurt

Reaction score
The Titans will not beat the Pats in Foxboro. We can only hope they bang the Pats up by hitting Brady and Gronkdummy.

We better hope to hell we can first get by a very physical Jags team. That’s my concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I think the Titans only chance is to run Henry and play stout defense. They need a 13-10 game.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Take Brady out and then it could get exciting. Otherwise, the Pats score under 20? yea. . .not happening.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Their only hope is to pound the rock mercilessly with Henry, wear the D out and keep the Pats offense off the field as much as possible. Even then, their chances are still slim.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The pats***** are probably the 7th or 8th best team in the nfl, imho. They are very beatable...but the league/refs/Riveron might have different plans for the end of this movie.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on who's bringing the refs Saturday.

scstillerfan

Reaction score
The only way they have a chance is to play man. We know all too well the standard zone blitz with CBs 10 yards off the line won't work against the *Pats.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I don't see them beating them, but their strengths are what gives NE trouble. Id run Henry a ton and tell Mariota if no one is open run it, and alot of bootlegs and mis direction.
Defense, they can get good pressure with just 4 guys, hopefully Lebeau pulls out that 2011 game plan.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
The bad thing this does is it gives NE a chance to see a very similar defense two weeks in a row. Most of the blitzes TN ran v KC were blitzes we ran v KC earlier this year. They kept showing the same blitz play over and over during the game and KC couldn't stop it.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
The only way they have a chance is to play man. We know all too well the standard zone blitz with CBs 10 yards off the line won't work against the *Pats.

I remember the Steelers letting Dick go was what that D encountered against Brady. And that was getting torched more often than not.

Titans D is like Steeler light of old. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Pats put up 40.