• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Colt Lyerla

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh noo! Cokehead Lyerla didnt sign with Pittsburgh, now our Superbowl plan is ruiiiiiined!!!

Give me a break. Dollars to doughnuts this guy will serve a suspension of some sort before his 1st contract is up

ZACKB

Reaction score
Packers undrafted rookie TE Colt Lyerla's ex-teammate from Oregon and current Eagles WR Josh Huff believes Lyerla can be better than Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski.
The praise doesn't stop with Huff. "Just a monster," Oregon CB Terrance Mitchell said of Lyerla. "Colt is a beast. I don't know how to explain it. A monster, a beast....He could be anything he wants to be." Lyerla went undrafted after a tumultuous college career that saw him quit the team four games into last season. He then got into drugs and was arrested for cocaine possession. The Packers took a chance on the ultra-talented Lyerla. At 6'3/242, he runs a 4.61 forty and posted a 39-inch vertical. Lyerla could make a year-one impact at an unsettled position in Green Bay. He needs to be owned in all Dynasty formats.

Stoney

Reaction score
I don't care if he is better than Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, and Rob Gronkowski - COMBINED. He is a ******* loser cokehead and I don't want him on our team. Pacman Jones is a pretty good CB, why don't we just sign him too?

Good luck to the Pack is all I can say.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
sounds more like the next Aaron Hernandez.

I think Blanchflower is a good prospect.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Could care less where he ended up. He DIDN'T end up here, so end of story.

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Coke is a pretty rampant issue among pro sports because of how quickly it is out of your system... ask bartenders in and around Latrobe for a laundry list of players and coaches on our own team seen doing it during camp over the years... it would surprise you... having said that, the kid was a real mess that probably doesn't work long term... with that kind of talent every NFL teams doesn't pass without serious major super bad problems around

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
... ask bartenders in and around Latrobe for a laundry list of players and coaches on our own team seen doing it during camp over the years... it would surprise you...

Surprise me.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I don't care if he is better than Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, and Rob Gronkowski - COMBINED. He is a ******* loser cokehead and I don't want him on our team. Pacman Jones is a pretty good CB, why don't we just sign him too?

Good luck to the Pack is all I can say.

But hey, lets sign Pouncey to a huge contract so he can wear Free Hernandez shirts and beat up bystanders at South Beach clubs all to come back to Pittsburgh and play mediocre football. Yeah, that's a smart front office move if I ever heard of one...

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
But hey, lets sign Pouncey to a huge contract so he can wear Free Hernandez shirts and beat up bystanders at South Beach clubs all to come back to Pittsburgh and play mediocre football. Yeah, that's a smart front office move if I ever heard of one...

So you have evidence that he assaulted the "socialite" from Miami? Or are you just following the media and damning him before the evidence is even out? Also trying to compare a pro bowl center who has already played several years in the league to a street free agent TE who hasn't played football in over a year is a perfect example to use...

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
How can you have an issue with Pouncey but have no problem if the Steelers had taken a chance on Lyerla

FordFairLane

Reaction score
How can you have an issue with Pouncey but have no problem if the Steelers had taken a chance on Lyerla

Because Pouncey is getting paid like he's some elite ******* player and on his BEST day he is average. He is more hype than substance and is costing us a lot of money. Colt wouldn't cost us a penny of bonus money and we could drop him at the first sign of problems. Pouncey we are stuck with.

Wingman

Reaction score
Coke is a pretty rampant issue among pro sports because of how quickly it is out of your system... ask bartenders in and around Latrobe for a laundry list of players and coaches on our own team seen doing it during camp over the years... it would surprise you... having said that, the kid was a real mess that probably doesn't work long term... with that kind of talent every NFL teams doesn't pass without serious major super bad problems around
That sounds like an unimpeachable source.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Just to update this thread:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11356440/colt-lyerla-green-bay-packers-mcl-pcl-tears

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Now that the Green Bay Packers know the severity of tight end Colt Lyerla's knee injury, they will have a difficult decision to make on his future.

The highly publicized undrafted rookie has tears of both his medical collateral ligament and posterior collateral ligament, according to sources familiar with the injury.

Neither of Colt Lyerla's knee injuries will require surgery, but the tight end won't be back before the end of the Packers' preseason.

Neither injury will require surgery, but he won't be back before the end of the preseason.

"I don't think I'll really find anything out until the cut day," Lyerla said this week. "But I know they can't cut me without some kind of injury settlement. If I'm out long enough, then it might be a big enough settlement where it might make more sense for them to just keep me if they're going to spend all that money anyway."

The Packers took a chance on Lyerla, who last played football in October 2013 before leaving the University of Oregon in midseason. He then ran into legal problems that ruined his chances of getting drafted.

The Packers brought him to their rookie camp in May on a tryout basis and eventually signed him to a contract.

Lyerla had not shown enough to warrant a roster spot, but the Packers were hoping to see whether he could develop on the practice squad. In order to re-sign him on the practice squad, they would have to release him and wait for him to clear waivers.

However, NFL rules prohibit teams from releasing a player without an injury settlement. The Packers then would have to wait six weeks after the settlement expired in order to bring him back.

If they put him on injured reserve, he would not be able to practice.

"I think I could develop just fine even if I was on IR," Lyerla said. "I think there's a lot of things I could do just from a football IQ point that would help me a lot. Obviously, I'd be able to be around and go to meetings and stuff, learning the offense and just getting better at my role."

Lyerla was injured during the team's Family Night practice at Lambeau Field. He tried to hurdle a defender after making a catch and sustained a hit to his right knee. He has been using crutches to get around the locker room and has been wearing a large brace on his right knee.

All coach Mike McCarthy would say is that team doctors believe he will be out "multiple weeks."

"I'd hope that they keep me somehow," Lyerla said. "I don't imagine coming back for training camp, so [injured reserve] is pretty much my only option."

Stoney

Reaction score
So did Blanchflower even see the field in the first preseason game?

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree. We could have paid him in 8 balls.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Where the heck are there bars in Latrobe? Its out in the middle of nowhere.

back-entrance-one-floor.jpg

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
Because Pouncey is getting paid like he's some elite ******* player and on his BEST day he is average. He is more hype than substance and is costing us a lot of money. Colt wouldn't cost us a penny of bonus money and we could drop him at the first sign of problems. Pouncey we are stuck with.

Hyperbole. He's better than average. He may not be the world-beater we thought him to be after his rookie year, but he's certainly not "average".

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Thanks for that, I'll have to check it out. The few times I've been up and down Rt. 30 I didn't see it. Maybe its set back from the road?

There's also Dino's (about a mile from St. Vincent) and some others. I read an article about a very small brewery that just opened too (google "Fours Seasons Brewery Latrobe" and articles will pop up).

Last edited:

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
good thing I stayed in the hotel (Best Western? have not been out in a couple of years)..that is like 100 yards from that place or I would never have made it home

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I'll have to check it out. The few times I've been up and down Rt. 30 I didn't see it. Maybe its set back from the road?

Right off of Rt. 30. Leaving St. Vincent, it is on the left side of the road. Main entrance is in the back, but you can take stairs if you park in the lower lot. They have a new deck that makes it hard to miss.