• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Confirmed – Kevin Colbert Will Step Down after Draft

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers will begin the process for a new general manager soon according to President Art Rooney II.

The Steelers owner confirmed to media on Friday that general manager Kevin Colbert will step down following the 2022 NFL Draft.

BREAKING: Art Rooney II said today GM Kevin Colbert will step down after the 2022 draft and Steelers will start conducting outside interviews immediately. He also said Colbert is interested is remaining in a reduced capacity this season.

— Gerry Dulac (@gerrydulac) January 28, 2022

The Steelers have two potential in-house hires with long time employees Omar Khan, and Brandon Hunt. Both have interviewed outside of the organization for GM jobs this off-season.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This is breaking news? I thought Colbert said last year that he was done after the '22 draft.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
This is breaking news? I thought Colbert said last year that he was done after the '22 draft.
I think he was just taking it year to year. Perhaps contiplating. But now it is a known known.🤓😁

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh not liking the Canada returning comment. Unfrickenbelievable. They have to be out of their rabbit *** mind.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well those 70s teams was stocked and loaded. I am ok with runner up.😁
Remember Art Rooney Jr was the defacto GM during that time...and he actual contributions to that great period in Steeler history is somewhat questionable...

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Waiting so late into the hiring season to even interview guys says one of three things:
1) They already know they're staying in house.
2) They already have a "gentlemen's agreement" with someone outside of the organization
3) They're OK with being stuck with the leftovers after everyone else has hired the top talent.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Waiting so late into the hiring season to even interview guys says one of three things:
2) They already have a "gentlemen's agreement" with someone outside of the organization
3) They're OK with being stuck with the leftovers after everyone else has hired the top talent.

4) They are absolutely clueless on how to build a championship team.

I will take number four Alex for the daily double.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Not great for a GM search to have Colbert stick around so long or even stay on in a reduced capacity. Imagine if Colbert/Tomlin drafts a QB and locks in the new GM with a guy maybe he didn't want.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Yep. I’d be quite shocked if they didn’t know who the new hire will be. I am sure KC will be consulting with the person about the draft picks.
I just don’t get why the face of the new GM is not there before the draft. If you’re gonna do it just frigging do it already. Thank you Ben for not delaying your announcement.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. I’d be quite shocked if they didn’t know who the new hire will be. I am sure KC will be consulting with the person about the draft picks.
I just don’t get why the face of the new GM is not there before the draft. If you’re gonna do it just frigging do it already. Thank you Ben for not delaying your announcement.
Exactly. If Colbert is stepping down, the new guy shouldn't be burdened with "one last draft" by KC. Or even having KC as part of his first draft process - what if they don't agree on a player? Who do you think Art 2 is going to defer to? Just seems like you're cutting the new guy's balls off before they even have a chance to drop.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly. If Colbert is stepping down, the new guy shouldn't be burdened with "one last draft" by KC. Or even having KC as part of his first draft process - what if they don't agree on a player? Who do you think Art 2 is going to defer to? Just seems like you're cutting the new guy's balls off before they even have a chance to drop.
I would think most job exits would say thank you but no thank you. Get your belongings and meet me at the door.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep...must be....

6bfcb0a3df246abd0133e179024fd66d_400x400.jpeg

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I always thought he said he would go when Ben goes. Maybe that is just something I read in here.

its gotta be Khan or Hunt

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I will take number four Alex for the daily double.

Alex : You are on FIRE

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would think most job exits would say thank you but no thank you. Get your belongings and meet me at the door.

I think LAST year the new guy was "hired" under these contigencies add that if Ben Retired.

Salute the nation

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Not great for a GM search to have Colbert stick around so long or even stay on in a reduced capacity. Imagine if Colbert/Tomlin drafts a QB and locks in the new GM with a guy maybe he didn't want.

It only makes sense if the new GM is already in the organization.

No legit candidate from the outside is going to want Colbert still around during his first draft.