• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Confirmed – Kevin Colbert Will Step Down after Draft

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone who could possibly be brought in to be interviewed and actually wouldn’t be a bad decision would be Doug Whaley. He is familiar with the organization and is a disciple of Colbert.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
This is breaking news? I thought Colbert said last year that he was done after the '22 draft.
I thought the same thing.. how many times they going to announce this? Good thing same P.R. people aren’t in change of announcing the second coming, it would take even longer!

black and gold apex

Reaction score
We will miss Colbert. Odd how Steelers have not interviewed any coaches or thoughts of GM as other teams are racing to get coaches. Continuation of the continuation in Steeler land

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought the same thing.. how many times they going to announce this? Good thing same P.R. people aren’t in change of announcing the second coming, it would take even longer!
Go on Instagram and check out some of the Steelers posters. You could get last year's news at a moments notice.😅

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Best GM in Steeler history.

Appreciate your contributions to the Steeler organization Kevin.
Wasn’t he the first and only official gm in Steelers history?
I thought they sort of had the rooneys as team President/ gm for a long time and had a seperate director of football operations role that was like a neutered gm until donahoe left…

Last edited:

maowv

Contributor
Reaction score
Finally, my dream job opens up. Will be updating my resume today.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Wasn’t he the first and only official gm in Steelers history?
I thought they sort of had the rooneys as team President/ gm for a long time and had a seperate director of football operations role that was like a neutered gm until donahoe left…
Colbert was the first GM in team history. I can't find the article, but I recently read it had something to do with a technicality for the NFL Scouting Combine and gave him additional access or something of that nature.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score

Dale Lolley of DK PGH Sports reports that the Steelers want to talk to Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds and Titans VP of Player Personnel Ryan Cowden about their soon-to-be vacant GM position.​

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert will retire after the 2022 NFL Draft, though reportedly may stay on in some role after the season as support. This is the first we've heard of real candidates to replace him. Dodds was a hot name in each of the last two offseasons and withdrew his name from consideration for the Bears job in January.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Dale Lolley of DK PGH Sports reports that the Steelers want to talk to Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds and Titans VP of Player Personnel Ryan Cowden about their soon-to-be vacant GM position.​

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert will retire after the 2022 NFL Draft, though reportedly may stay on in some role after the season as support. This is the first we've heard of real candidates to replace him. Dodds was a hot name in each of the last two offseasons and withdrew his name from consideration for the Bears job in January.

Two solid choices. I wouldn't lose sleep over either one getting the nod.

If I had to choose one it would be Cowden. He has an interesting track record dating back to the Panthers.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Very interesting information from Dale Lolley on DK's Friday Insider today. Apparently Tomlin wants Hunt as GM while Colbert favors Khan. ARII "isn't enamored with either." That makes sense given their internal guys are interviewing elsewhere and that the Steelers are looking outside rather than naming a replacement.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the organization could use some fresh ways of doing things...but I'm betting that Kahn gets the job.