• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Confirmed – Matt Canada WILL Return for 2022

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Well it’s news that most of SteelerNation does not want to hear… But President Art Rooney II has confirmed that the team will keep Matt Canada on as offensive coordinator for 2022.

Art Rooney spoke of the challenges Matt Canada faced as Steelers offensive coordinator this season. Saying the team had a lot of young players on offense. But he said Canada will get a chance to fix things in the offseason. He'll be back.

— Dale Lolley (@dlolley_pgh) January 28, 2022

Rooney also made it sound as though Matt Canada will return as offensive coordinator. When asked about the offense's deficiencies this season, he said, "That’s something Matt will want to address this offseason."

— Gerry Dulac (@gerrydulac) January 28, 2022

I would imagine that Canada will have to show a lot of improvement or the team will be on the look for a new offensive coordinator in 2023 if he doesn’t.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m moving away from this subject, the boss has spoken, he has the last word, but my last word on this, for what it’s worth: time for art jr to get on with his life’s work cuz he ain’t getting it done! got to be another Rooney’s that’s more capable. Just seeing art 2 with his cronies all around him, a bunch of old “writers” on deck, to lob soft ball pitches up for him is just classic Pittsburgh! We’ll be here 5 fukn years from now Debating all the same ****! I mean here we are again, are we better now than we were 5 years ago? Face it, until Art 2 and Tomlin are both gone, we will never win or even contend for another Super Bowl. But Strike up the band boys and play the “Steelers Polka” coach Tomlin and art 2 are leading the parade! Canada and whatever other fool they talk into believing their BS, waving Pom poms! “Here we go Steelers!“ here we go! Marching right off into the abyss of losing! Wooohooo….

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Gotta have someone to blame after the 2022 season

They have so many built in.excuses now for next season that it doesn't matter. New DC(we know who the DC really is) OC in second year after horrific failure.....aaaaaand A new starting qb, heck we may end up with 2 quarterbacks playing if one turns to ****.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Im probably one of like three people not upset by this move… I really don’t think he was the problem …, now im not sure i trust a new front office to fix the line so it all may be moot who we bring in anyway

The bigger issue is going to be if we don’t find one awesome line coach

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I assumed Rooney wasn't going to overrule Tomlin, but this is still disappointing. They must've hired Canada knowing the offense would be limited this year with the eyes on 2022. It still wasn't a good hire.

Free Agent

Reaction score
And tomorrow Austin will be given his promotion. Rooney !! approves of mediocrity.

PolamaluFanForever43

Reaction score
Next year won’t matter anyway. I fully expect Mason to be the QB and we should have a pick somewhere close to the top 10. Hopefully in 2023 we find our QB and fire Canada after he fails again in 2022. Of course the real problem will still be around in Tomlin.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Seems many here are surprised by this.

I could be proven wrong but his offensive scheme doesn't seem to fit the nfl unless you are getting an new "mobil" QB every 4-6 years. 2years to learn the system and 2 years before you are beat to crap and need to be replaced.

Time will tell and I always wish good for my beloved STEELERS. This season tested many a patience .

I feel the biggest thing is who are they looking at for OL coach or are we just keeping our third stringer promoted coach in there and we will find him too could very easily be in over his head once the pressure starts to mount.

I'm glad I'm not the one making these decisions and as a passionate fan myself question some of these decisions.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Clearly they believed that Canada's offense could not be run to full capacity by Roethlisberger. Because statistically there us no way this makes sense. Honestly, I'm not sure I've seen a worse offense at least in the first half.

Vindrow

Sniffer of the glue
Contributor
Reaction score
At this point I wish Rooney would just sell the team to someone who actually gives a ****. (but gotta keep them in Pittsburgh)