• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Crapsheet reports Haskins met with Steelers

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Washington Football Team QB Dwayne Haskins has a visit with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Steelers?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Steelers</a> today, sources say. Some potential QB depth and upside. The free agent and ex-first round pick also recently visited the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Panthers?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Panthers</a>.</p>— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1352282798497923079?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
They kick pretty much everyone’s tires, just to keep their files updated.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Steelers need a No. 4 QB for the offseason with Duck moving on and unless Dobbs dramatically improved, he isn't a good passer. Kick the tires of everyone out there.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Steelers need a No. 4 QB for the offseason with Duck moving on and unless Dobbs dramatically improved, he isn't a good passer. Kick the tires of everyone out there.

I agree and hope they do. I wasn't expecting Haskins, though. Ben, Mason and Haskins wouldn't be too shabby for QB depth.

mdk2

Reaction score
Seems like the Steelers organization is turning into a dumpster. Bad hires, bad coaching, bad play.. players that can't keep their mouths shut. Haskins should fit right in.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
cant hurt if he wants to play in the leauge art and some vets will let him know that is a privilege to play in the league if he wants to stay take it serious or he will continue to taint image of successful qb from college that took the nfl as a joke. Last chance let him be a #3 and see if he can push dobbs out and put pressure on mason.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Due diligence...nothing else.

diver

Reaction score
You guys make me laugh. *****, *****, *****, but here is an opportunity to sign a guy, at the minimum probably, or close to it, who was a 1st rounder. With the Steelers cap situation, you gotta look for bargins. And to be a 1st rounder, there has to be some talent there. So, perhaps a talented bargin.

Look, I know he has some maturity issues. But for the love, they have to get younger and more mobile back there. And again, it's probably for the league minimum, if he is a jackass, you cut him. Really no loss. They should have plenty of time to figure that out.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You guys make me laugh. *****, *****, *****, but here is an opportunity to sign a guy, at the minimum probably, or close to it, who was a 1st rounder. With the Steelers cap situation, you gotta look for bargins. And to be a 1st rounder, there has to be some talent there. So, perhaps a talented bargin.

Look, I know he has some maturity issues. But for the love, they have to get younger and more mobile back there. And again, it's probably for the league minimum, if he is a jackass, you cut him. Really no loss. They should have plenty of time to figure that out.

Isn't this the guy that went to strip clubs during the pandemic at the risk of infecting his teammates as well as his head coach that is battling cancer?

If so....no way.
There's other young men with his skill sets ...

diver

Reaction score
Isn't this the guy that went to strip clubs during the pandemic at the risk of infecting his teammates as well as his head coach that is battling cancer?

If so....no way.
There's other young men with his skill sets ...

True. But are there other young men, with his skill sets, that may have to play at the league minimum? For a cap strapped team? Maybe getting cut was a wake up? I see it a no lose. They can just cut his *** if it isn't working out.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
True. But are there other young men, with his skill sets, that may have to play at the league minimum? For a cap strapped team? Maybe getting cut was a wake up? I see it a no lose. They can just cut his *** if it isn't working out.

His displayed immaturity and lack of reasoning skills would prevent me from hiring him..

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
His displayed immaturity and lack of reasoning skills would prevent me from hiring him..

If they sign him, then he probably said all the right things and they think he'd be someone who can help the team. If he hasn't learned from his flubs, hopefully, the FO and MT can see it and move on.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
who was a 1st rounder.

Who plays like a 7th rounder and acts like a HS JV player. Just because someone else horribly overvalued him doesn't make him a bargain to us.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
So a person can never change? Did you also think we should have parted ways with Ben after his second rape accusation?

Haskins is basically a free option, no different than Paxton Lynch.

I must've missed the part where Haskins was a two time super bowl champion

diver

Reaction score

And you very well may be right. But, at the league minimum, if that is truly what it would be, it ain't like you are married to the guy.

On the positive, you could get a guy with some skills, who is cheap and motivated. I'd sign the guy today, with the knowledge that one screwup or stupid decision he is out on his ***.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: The Steelers are planning to sign ex-first-round QB Dwayne Haskins today. Haskins is meeting with the coaches now, and if all goes well, a deal will be hammered out.</p>— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1352326482543177734?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

diver

Reaction score
I must've missed the part where Haskins was a two time super bowl champion

I would argue that immaturity and going out without a mask are a little less serious than a rape accusation. Super Bowl champion shouldn't matter if the rape accusation turned out to be true, which, thankfully it wasn't.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
15 th overall 2 years ago. Released after a covid strip joint violation. They are not releasing you for the strip joint thing. That isn't a red flag. Its a red fireworks display. PASS. And he cannot very well.